Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 06:50 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,133,406 times

Advertisements

Well duh, they had to forge documents to show it it was originally done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 09:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
HistorianDude;19586421]
Embossed does not mean gold..
Your RIGHT my mistake, I was saying gold seal and meant embossed. Sorry for the confusion!!

Even if he was born here, still makes me wonder why a man of his status had to go and get a copy of the certificate. If he held a passport, why did he have to go get a copy of the birth certificate??

He had to have needed this long before coming President didn't he??

Old 06-14-2011, 09:52 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
..., why did he have to go get a copy of the birth certificate??
are you talking about the COLB released during the campaign or the recent copy of the original birth certificate?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Your RIGHT my mistake, I was saying gold seal and meant embossed. Sorry for the confusion!!

Even if he was born here, still makes me wonder why a man of his status had to go and get a copy of the certificate. If he held a passport, why did he have to go get a copy of the birth certificate??

Maybe you could apologize to all the people you insulted while you were so sure of yourself!

Old 06-15-2011, 05:28 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Actually, I have the real facts:

Obama was born on the back of a pickup truck in the coal-mining hills of Kentucky. His momma was embarrassed about that so she strapped him to her belly, covered him with her maternity shirt, and flew to Hawaii where she revealed him in the hospital.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:

You've never lost a document in your life? Never given an original to someone when you thought you were giving them a copy, or moved and misplaced important papers, had a fire or flood or an x-spouse who purposely destroyed your stuff? There a dozens of reasons why people have to get copies of their birth certificates. That's why they make copies available to people. Duh!

Old 06-15-2011, 06:43 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Glad we finally cleared that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
He didn't need to. He did it anyway to try and shut down the sideshow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
Actually, no. He's had a passport since he was a child. So he personally would have never needed a birth certificate. That's not saying he never had one. Just that he never needed one.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually, no. He's had a passport since he was a child. So he personally would have never needed a birth certificate.
well, he would have needed to have a birth certificate to get his initial US passport.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:10 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
well, he would have needed to have a birth certificate to get his initial US passport.
Close....

When he was six years old and got his initial US passport his mother would have needed to have his birth certificate.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

When he was six years old....
couldn't he have traveled to indonesia on his mother's passport at six? just curious.

even if this was the case he would have needed his own passport when he traveled back to hawaii solo 10 ( ...from a birth certificate his mother would have provided ).

side note: before anyone launches into the "indonesian passport" rant i'd suggest googling "indonesian citizenship requirements" and "minor renouncing US citizenship".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies