Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
He hints at nothing. He makes a simple statement of fact.
In your opinion, and I understand why you have that opinion, in my opinion it's clear what his intent was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 12:08 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,234,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
“I never was mad at Sen. Obama,I think everybody’s got a right to run for president who qualifies under the Constitution. “

IMO it's a pretty big leap to think he is even hinting at eligibility from that quote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
As I said before, everyone will decide for themselves as I am not the final arbiter but, I guess you have to ask yourself why he would use those particular words unless he had doubts. Remember there were questions going around at that time about Obama's eligibility.
So let's take away those particular words, if Bill Clinton didn't need to use them if he didn't have doubts about Obama.

"I never was mad at Sen. Obama, I think everybody’s got a right to run for president."

Problem: that's not factually correct. Everybody doesn't have a right to run for president, only people who qualify under the Constitution do. Those particular words, "who qualifies under the Constitution," could be used when talking about Obama, Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, or anybody, without implying that the person being discussed doesn't meet such qualifications.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So let's take away those particular words, if Bill Clinton didn't need to use them if he didn't have doubts about Obama.

"I never was mad at Sen. Obama, I think everybody’s got a right to run for president."

Problem: that's not factually correct. Everybody doesn't have a right to run for president, only people who qualify under the Constitution do. Those particular words, "who qualifies under the Constitution," could be used when talking about Obama, Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, or anybody, without implying that the person being discussed doesn't meet such qualifications.
What did he mean by saying he was never mad at Obama?

He was also not talking about anyone but Obama and because of that context I still believe he was questioning his eligibility. If you don't, I understand.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,091,534 times
Quote:
What did he mean by saying he was never mad at Obama?
OMG... you've never actually seen the interview? You are projecting what you imagine were his "hints" based only on the out of context Birther quotation?

I guess I should have figured.

First off... when the interview took place, the campaign was over and Hillary Clinton had already conceded. So it is false to claim (as Birthers generally do... as they have in this thread) that the Clinton campaign had anything to do with it.

When he said he was never mad at Obama, that was in contrast to having just previously said he was mad at South Carolina Rep. Jim Clyburn for claiming that Bill Clinton had injected race into the campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT
He was also not talking about anyone but Obama and because of that context I still believe he was questioning his eligibility. If you don't, I understand.
But... he was talking about others at that time. Just not in the way you are imagining... having never actually seen the interview.

It is fascinating that you claim you believe this "because of that context" when you have no idea what the context actually was at all.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,467,299 times
Quote:
Remember there were questions going around at that time about Obama's eligibility.
then that would run contradictory to the statement that clinton was the first.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
OMG... you've never actually seen the interview? You are projecting what you imagine were his "hints" based only on the out of context Birther quotation?

I guess I should have figured.

First off... when the interview took place, the campaign was over and Hillary Clinton had already conceded. So it is false to claim (as Birthers generally do... as they have in this thread) that the Clinton campaign had anything to do with it.

When he said he was never mad at Obama, that was in contrast to having just previously said he was mad at South Carolina Rep. Jim Clyburn for claiming that Bill Clinton had injected race into the campaign.

But... he was talking about others at that time. Just not in the way you are imagining... having never actually seen the interview.

It is fascinating that you claim you believe this "because of that context" when you have no idea what the context actually was at all.

Let's give it it's real context and then see what slick Willy was up to.

Bill Clinton, given golden opportunity, fails to endorse Barack Obama (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/08/04/2008-08-04_bill_clinton_given_golden_opportunity_fa.html - broken link)

He was only talking about Obama in this instance. Willy was probably holding onto some hope that Obama would be found out and Hillery would still get the nomination.

PS, As an atheist, why would you be calling OMG?

Old 06-13-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
then that would run contradictory to the statement that clinton was the first.
Publicly.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,091,534 times
Quote:
He was only talking about Obama in this instance.
He was not.

Watch the actual interview. That's the actual context.. not a snippet in a later article about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT
PS, As an atheist, why would you be calling OMG?
Why not?

Old 06-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
He was not.

Watch the actual interview. That's the actual context.. not a snippet in a later article about it.
Again, I will let the readers and posters decide.

Quote:
Why not?
I would think for obvious reasons, do I really need to spell it out for you?

Old 06-13-2011, 01:22 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times
Quote:
I didn't. Wayland woman did.

And it's in color.
Sorry, but it shows nothing, you want to give me which number?? This doesn't have anything to do with the birth certificate. All it's showing is secrets upon secrets.

I'm certainly not as worried as others. I'm not trying to prove anything, I think it's already been proved. I'm over it.

He has a live birth certificate, my husband has one, he was born in 1955, but he also has the white one with the Gold Seal. Why is Hawaii behind??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies