Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:17 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,780,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
When you look at health statistics one can't help but think that many people are not capable of handling their nutritional freedom

Fine. They will eliminate themselves from the gene pool.

And what about poker? Will conservatives donate money to pay the debts of teenage poker addicts?

Nobody advocates gambling by minors. That's a whole different topic.

Reminds me of attempts to introduce traffic light marking on food packaging (green = healthy food, yellow = more or less neutral, red = unhealthy food) In Britain they introduced such a system, but in Germany certain lobbies managed to prevent the introduction, more or less frankly admitting nobody would buy certain foods anymore.
See red above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,848,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
LBJ had his failed "war on poverty", Reagon had his failed "war on drugs" and now Obama will be immortalized for his successful "war on fun".

Here are some examples of Obama's "war on fun"... or better described as his Big Government telling the people how to live their lives. Once again, the Dems are the freedom killers.

Ban on clove cigarettes

Attempted ban on smokeless cigarettes.

Ban on combining caffine / alcohol drinks.

Ban on internet poker.

Control of salt in our food.

Ban on unpasteurized milk.

Meanwhile, he has initiated NO expansion of personal freedom.

What's next? Maybe the term "nanny state" should be replaced with "Obama state".

[LEFT]
Read more at the Washington Examiner: President Obama's War on Fun | Gene Healy | Columnists | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/2011/05/president-obamas-war-fun#ixzz1NNYyE400 - broken link)
[/LEFT]
And I've had some wild times with unpasturized milk too. That bastard.

25,947 posts, read 24,784,262 times
Quote:
See red above.
Well, I don't share your hateful attitude, I am not an animal. There is nothing wrong with most people's genes. There are all kinds of reasons why people eat stuff they shouldn't. They are cultural and thus independent of genes. For instance, if your mother cooks using too much salt, you will get used to that and eat that way when you are an adult, too. And you will cook that way and pass it on to your own child.

Even a lot of adults have problems with their poker and other gambling addictions, not just minors...

4,696 posts, read 5,832,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Gosh darn that Leftist liberal Gerald Ford! (Jan 1976 FDA ban on Red Dye #2).
Gerald Ford was in fact a leftist Republican. Although the FDA may have banned that dye at the time no matter who the President was.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:01 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,780,433 times
Quote:
Well, I don't share your hateful attitude, I am not an animal. .

"Hateful attitude" ?????? You're kidding, right?

I just want people to be free to make their own decisions like adults. If that's hateful, then fine, I'm hateful.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,588,566 times
I think he should put a tax on food containing more than a certain % sugar, and place the cash in your healthcare... Your country would benefit from it.

I'm just saying as I can be objective about it...

Old 05-25-2011, 02:06 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,602,284 times
Quote:
Well, I don't share your hateful attitude, I am not an animal. There is nothing wrong with most people's genes. There are all kinds of reasons why people eat stuff they shouldn't. They are cultural and thus independent of genes. For instance, if your mother cooks using too much salt, you will get used to that and eat that way when you are an adult, too. And you will cook that way and pass it on to your own child.

Even a lot of adults have problems with their poker and other gambling addictions, not just minors...
Freedom includes the freedom to make bad decisions in personal matters.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:11 PM

24,517 posts, read 33,360,147 times
Quote:
LBJ had his failed "war on poverty", Reagon had his failed "war on drugs" and now Obama will be immortalized for his successful "war on fun".
Reagan's (actually Nancy Reagan's) war on drugs did not fail. Drug use was decreasing by the late 1980s.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,645,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Reagan's (actually Nancy Reagan's) war on drugs did not fail. Drug use was decreasing by the late 1980s.
It was rapidly on the upswing. And the US government was making money off it via Iran-Contra.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,784,262 times
Quote:
"Hateful attitude" ?????? You're kidding, right?

I just want people to be free to make their own decisions like adults. If that's hateful, then fine, I'm hateful.
I think it is hateful when you say people with those problems will get eliminated from the gene pool. As if their lives were any less precious as those of people without such problems.... Not to mention that it has little to do with genes, if anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies