Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
A. I can fight for my "own interests"
B. Who asked her to?
C. Typical leftist elitism that government knows what's best for more, more than I do
Well goody goody gumdrops for you. Did it ever occur to you that maybe less fortunate people cannot? Glad to hear that you have the ear of Congress and do not need a representative in government. Are you a lobbyist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 01:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
That is the biggest point anyone in America can learn. Democrats vs. Republicans is a false dichotomy. They are but two sides of the same corporatist, MIC, Wall St, Big Business, Big Government coin. My political beliefs are a mixed bag, but I fall decidedly on the left side of the scale. That being said, give me a TRUE conservative, like Ron Paul, who is anti-corporatism/MIC anyday of the week over a "liberal" such as Obama.
Same here. Give me a Dennis Kucinich or a Mike Gravel, hell even give me Ralph Nader, before I take Warren! At least those 3 are honest liberals, rather than the fake, corporate prostitutes Boxer, Pelosi, Warren, Obama, etc.

IMO, Ralph Nader has done far more for us than Elizabeth Warren ever will. These mainstream liberals like the OP, and sickofnyc need to open their eyes up ans question WHY does the Democratic establishment like Elizabeth Warren, but hates Ralph Nader? Nader is a big consumer advocate like Warren purports to be, but he's not bought and paid for like the political prostitute Elizabeth Warren

Old 09-25-2011, 07:57 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well goody goody gumdrops for you. Did it ever occur to you that maybe less fortunate people cannot? Glad to hear that you have the ear of Congress and do not need a representative in government. Are you a lobbyist?

Nope, and your elitist condescension and assumption that minorities or immigrants need help is why I would never be a Neo Prog. You are not even aware of your own bigotry.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:25 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Same here. Give me a Dennis Kucinich or a Mike Gravel, hell even give me Ralph Nader, before I take Warren! At least those 3 are honest liberals, rather than the fake, corporate prostitutes Boxer, Pelosi, Warren, Obama, etc.

IMO, Ralph Nader has done far more for us than Elizabeth Warren ever will. These mainstream liberals like the OP, and sickofnyc need to open their eyes up ans question WHY does the Democratic establishment like Elizabeth Warren, but hates Ralph Nader? Nader is a big consumer advocate like Warren purports to be, but he's not bought and paid for like the political prostitute Elizabeth Warren
Definitely agree with you on Nader. The man's a big inspiration of mine. No matter how many people agree or disagree, he will tell you the truth no matter the consequences, he will fight for what's right.

Unfortunately so many on the left buy into hype every 2 or 4 years of the new shiny "progressive" hero who really isn't bought and paid for by Corporate America. Obama was supposed to be it in 2008. We had Clinton, who played the role of the insider, and Obama was supposed to be the true liberal, the outsider who would sweep into power and change the culture of Washington. Hope would ignite people to promote Change, and we would come out of our dark decline.

That's what was sold to us. However one simply had to watch the flow of dollars to see that was not going to be the case. At my very first glance at Obama, before I did any research I thought "hey, I like this guy." But then I look at his donor list and realized I might as well be reading a donor list for George Bush or any other corporate *****. I proudly gave my vote to Ralph Nader in 2008 and will do so again this time around if he chooses to run which right now he said he won't. Though if Ron Paul can win the nomination I would probably vote for him.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:26 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Nope, and your elitist condescension and assumption that minorities or immigrants need help is why I would never be a Neo Prog. You are not even aware of your own bigotry.
Woah, way to assume that by "less fortunate people" he meant "immigrants or minorities." You are not even aware of your own bigotry.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:32 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I just cannot find a constitutional argument for transferring wealth from one to another based on them being "less fortunate".

There is no mention of "good intentions" in the Constitution, for good reason.

Who would determine one's need over another?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies