Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Well I guess that's one way to NOT deal with the budget cuts.
Hop on a plane and go to Rome to celebrate the Unification of Italy.

Biden will be back next week. I'm sure he'll be well rested and then can lead Congress to tackle that budget.

Biden to be AWOL on Deficit Talks | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier
"Vice President Biden is being touted as the White House point man on the budget, leading the discussions with Congress as our nation’s leaders try to come up with a plan to slash the deficit and avoid defaulting on the debt.
Biden takes the opportunity overseas to gather with a few other world leaders who will also be on the scene. Which begs the question: Will the Secretary of State, who normally performs such functions, lead the deficit talks this week?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 07:23 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Well, at least Snooki will leave a better impression by comparison.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:45 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Biden will be back next week. I'm sure he'll be well rested and then can lead Congress to tackle that budget.

"Vice President Biden is being touted as the White House point man on the budget, leading the discussions with Congress as our nation’s leaders try to come up with a plan to slash the deficit and avoid defaulting on the debt.
Biden takes the opportunity overseas to gather with a few other world leaders who will also be on the scene. Which begs the question: Will the Secretary of State, who normally performs such functions, lead the deficit talks this week?"
You forgot to mention the $1 trillion in cuts that Biden's group is hammering out. I'm sure it just slipped your mind.

Biden getting it done.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You forgot to mention the $1 trillion in cuts that Biden's group is hammering out. I'm sure it just slipped your mind.

Biden getting it done.
Your article is dated 5/24.
Biden was to return from the Memorial Day weekend and lead the talks again starting today but he decided to go to Rome for a week.

THAT was my post. He's not getting anything done this week is he ?

Old 05-31-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Your article is dated 5/24.
Biden was to return from the Memorial Day weekend and lead the talks again starting today but he decided to go to Rome for a week.

THAT was my post. He's not getting anything done this week is he ?
So a trillion in cuts is not getting it done? I just found it odd that you forgot to mention that the group is already at a trillion in cuts. That's a pretty big number to forget.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:33 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:

Good enough for Obama, good enough for Biden.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Neither Biden or obama has been serious in the budget/debt talks..not at all.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,994 times
Rome, Georgia? Who could blame him?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I believe that Hoyer and Reid will be the democratic lead really. Biden is just their for the ride really.With the medicare trusteees reporting that starting 2012 if nothing is done that medicare will be paying providers 30% of what average priavte inurance pays under the 500 billion cuts to finance the healthcare bill;they have a problem.They need a raise i medicare tax or they are sunk pretty much on medicare issue.Back to juggling the books again.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Neither Biden or obama has been serious in the budget/debt talks..not at all.
So $1 trillion in cuts is not serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies