Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
Don't worry, there is no race war coming. And if there were *cough*blackpeoplewouldwin*cough*
Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 08:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
Don't worry, there is no race war coming. And if there were *cough*blackpeoplewouldwin*cough*
LOL. As soon as the urbanites hit the mountains it will be all over for them. It will be like plinking with the old .22.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Still the author can't explain himself. Oh well......
I see no point in trying. There are two kinds I see, one set that is simply incapable of recognizing the problem, the other sees the problem as a solution.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:44 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmmmmm no one mentioned race war, it wasn't crime perpetrated by one race on another. Why does the left see everything through the prism of race. A fascinating pathology.
Indeed.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:49 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I was watching the You Tube report on the Nashville waterpark. Do we need morons running amok? How would you like to be in a crowded theater when some gangs decide to go at it? Maybe you're at a sporting event or a concert and some imbeciles decide they have to get in and then start a stampede? Or you're at the beach and mobs of hyped up youths run around ruining your day? Maybe just two idiots decide to get in a fight and one gets stabbed or beaten and dies. Or maybe you're just in a restaurant and a fight breaks out. Should you tolerate that kind of nonsense? These aren't 4 year olds, these are adults. If they can't function as adults in their free time, how can they hold down jobs or maintain families? And this goes for all races.
Its time to start asking " What he hell is wrong with the country?"

Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Did Drudge report something that was not true?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
I knew large numbers of Blacks went to Miami Beach on Memorial Day weekend but is this some sort of national thing? When did it start? I lived in Miami my whole life until last year and I had never heard of this so-called urban weekend until two years ago.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 AM

374 posts, read 759,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

No

Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
You raise an interseting point.

Can a series of facts be presented in such a way that the end result is a deliberate distortion of the truth?

The answer is yes. Take Drudge for example. He runs seven headlines in a row, describing incidents of urban violence, which he hints through code words and images, were perpetrated by black youths. Each story is factual, and leaves the reader with the impression that such incidents are rampant.

But that's why context is so important. Drudge omits it. How common are these incidents? What about incidents in which blacks weren't involved at all? By presenting them as a monolithic block of headlines, Drudge is attempting to manipulate the reader. The incidents occured alright, but their actual importance and impact are delibertely distorted.

There's 330 million people in this country. Violent crime stats of all kinds are down over the past 25 years, to all time lows.

So my question remains, why is Drudge trying to create the impression that we are in the middle of a wave of "urban" (code alert!) chaos?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:45 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times
Well I live on Long Island and one of the riots (yes, that's what they were) occurred in Long Beach, NY ... all of the people doing the fighting were from Hempstead, Roosevelt, and Uniondale - communities where a certain minority group makes up a large majority of the population. They came by bus for a day at the beach and fights and mass violence breaks out, this sort of thing happens regularly every summer in Long Beach and in other parts of Long Island such as at Jones Beach State Park, and Robert Moses State Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies