Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:52 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times

Advertisements

'Handcuffed by policy': Fire crews watch man die - US news - Life - msnbc.com

isnt this what the tea party wants? scale back government, individual responsibility and rely on yourself instead of government.

i think many tea partiers are naive about that and dont understand the cops and firefighters wont be there to help them according to tea party philosophy. scaling back government means cutting those firefighters and local cops as well, tying hands behind backs with policy cuts.

this guys death is a result of that mentality.

now here is the cold blooded side of me. this guy deserved what he got. he intentionally went into deep waters and was suicidal according to the link.

why risk somebody elses life for your own selfishness.

what im neutral on is the 75 observers who did nothing.

on one hand this guy is his own worst enemy.

on the other hand it shows the lack of compassion for man in todays society.
i guess i could be grouped in the lack of compassion for man category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 03:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

isnt this what the tea party wants? scale back government, individual responsibility and rely on yourself instead of government.

i think many tea partiers are naive about that and dont understand the cops and firefighters wont be there to help them according to tea party philosophy. scaling back government means cutting those firefighters and local cops as well, tying hands behind backs with policy cuts.

now here is the cold blooded side of me. this guy deserved what he got. he intentionally went into deep waters and was suicidal according to the link.

This happened in SF..the least "tea party" city in the nation.
This is the libs doing. How can you blame that on the tea party ?

Maybe SF should worry more about services and funding them rather than go after McDonald happy meals, plastic bags and circumcision.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:

What exact "policy" are you referring too?

You really are mis-informed. Most Tea party people would like to see the FEDERAL government scaled back.

Police and Fire departments are a LOCAL issue, not fed.

"It is better to be thought of as a fool, then to open ones mouth and remove all doubt".

Old 06-01-2011, 03:33 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Breaking News California is dead broke. The libs spent like pill poppin' housewives, to well past the breaking point, and there is no more monies for funding.

But it beats me why no little rubber raft boat with a out board couldn't get there on a trailer if need be, and get the guy out of the soup. But then that would have been against the guys wishes evidently. I can't think of a harder way to do yourself in. Wading into water to drown yourself has to be very hard. Social workers don't fix that sort of thing and the Phyc Hospitals have all but been disbanded.

Perhaps if liberals didn't over spend..... but then they will never stop. Maybe that guy had been taxed right out of his house and job.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
I'm surprised the OP'er didn't name Sarah Palin by name as the person soley responsible for the guy's death.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Money should have went to fire departments instead of feeding illegals and their litters of anchor babies.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:38 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Complex issue to say the least. First off, I advocate smaller government but that doesn't have to mean sacrificing public safety.

Next, about the bystander effect... normally I find that reprehensible, but swimming in cold water is dangerous if you aren't trained for it.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Do you even know the facts as you are posting about them?

Tea Party In San Francisco California? Are freaking kidding me? You obvious know nothing about the area to which you are posting. Maybe instead of being worried about outlawing circumcision instead of putting money into a water rescue team this guy might not have died. But hey libbies are all for assisted suicide so what are you complaining about.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 06-01-2011 at 04:20 PM..

Old 06-01-2011, 03:59 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:

... i do understand that we should focus on issues and not personalities but I have to ask what possesses a person to post a thread making this kind of statement.

TEA PARTY to blame for a San Fransisco policy that prevented responders?

give me a break.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:11 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
scaling back government means cutting those firefighters and local cops as well, tying hands behind backs with policy cuts.
If we cut the $500 million from CPB how many FF's could be trained in water recovery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies