Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 02:34 PM

624 posts, read 1,121,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
That doesn't make any sense.

A straight man or straight woman who moves into a predominantly gay neighborhood isn't all of a sudden going to be attracted to the same sex. And that's vice versa. A homosexual who hangs around heterosexuals is not going to abruptly be attracted to the opposite sex.
That doesn't make sense if you live in a community where the homosexuals are viewed as normal. If you live somewhere where they're not viewed as good as in the US it will make a lot of sense to you. People turn gay in US because they know that being a homosexual is just another option. In other countries they don't have this option and they remain straight... or singles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 02:35 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
No... because as I said... the human beings are influenced by those around them. I'm a human being and I live in communities where homosexuality is not accepted. So I won't be influenced into accepting it or consider it an option. Everybody I know is straight. So if they're straight I'm straight too... If I lived in a gay neighborhood and made myself believe that what those creatures do there is normal, homosexuality would probably become an option... but the good thing is that we can decide where to live and what to do with our lives.
You make no sense to me at all. Sexuality is innate. It's about innate sexual and emotional attraction. It's not about opportunity. It's not even about behavior.

I have only ever been attracted to men. I knew I was a homosexual at age 10 (that's when I started puberty). From 10-18 I was a homosexual virgin. At 18 I had my first relationship and became a practicing homosexual. I've never been attracted to a women in my life, and I can't imagine any circumstance under which I ever will or could be (despite desperately wanting to throughout my childhood). I don't think I could have sex with a women - I don't think I could keep an erection.

If you are sexually attracted to both men and women, which it seems you are, then you're bisexual. I think a pretty good way to "investigate" your sexuality is to examine your fantasy life. When you fantasize about having sex, do you fantasize about having sex with men or women? If you fantasize about the same sex, you're probably gay; if you fantasize about the opposite sex, you're probably straight; if you fantasize about both sexes, you're probably bisexual; and if you don't ever have sexual fantasies, you're probably asexual.

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Well... if I liked here... and then I found out that she was poor, her parents were on welfare and so on... You think I would still liked here? Of course not... we can control our feelings... you don't agree with that?
You sound pretty shallow to me, considering you claim to base all your attractions on how rich somebody is.

That's not sexual orientation, that's greed.

k_s

405 posts, read 896,730 times
Quote:
That doesn't make sense if you live in a community where the homosexuals are viewed as normal. If you live somewhere where they're not viewed as good as in the US it will make a lot of sense to you. People turn gay in US because they know that being a homosexual is just another option. In other countries they don't have this option they remain straight... or singles
If they can remain single homosexuals, then your point makes no sense.

If I've never seen an Asian person, do I "turn Asian" when I move to a community with a high Asian population?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:36 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,269,957 times
I am going to assume for a miniute that you are a reasonable thinking adult that understands the basics of sanitation.

By the tine my father was five he could milk the family cow. He also knew how to get a drink of fresh milk when he was outside playing; he went to the cow and helped himself. That was 95-years ago. The disease that plague the world today did not exist and neither did the farm chemicals..

You can still go Oklahoma and buy raw milk. There is a caveat. You need to know the farm, the conditions the cows live in and how clean the udder and milking machine is before you drink it. Unless of course you don't mind a little botulism in your milk. They say it adds flavor.

Maybe you can tell us on how many of your countrymen in Austria raise herds of dairy cattle on 1000 acre farms? When you look at a map of America you look at approximately 6M miles.

Quote:
..... snip... I used to drink only raw milk since I was born and I moved here... where it seems that raw milk is considered something dangerous (talking about craziness??)

Old 06-04-2011, 02:37 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
That doesn't make sense if you live in a community where the homosexuals are viewed as normal. If you live somewhere where they're not viewed as good as in the US it will make a lot of sense to you. People turn gay in US because they know that being a homosexual is just another option. In other countries they don't have this option and they remain straight... or singles
Nobody turns gay in the United States. And considering the United States is the most unfriendly place for gays in the Western World, your logic once again fails. It's not just another option. It often gets you beat up or killed in the US. Not to mention, you're denied lots of civil rights in this country for being gay.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:39 PM

624 posts, read 1,121,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You make no sense to me at all. Sexuality is innate. It's about innate sexual and emotional attraction. It's not about opportunity. It's not even about behavior.

I have only ever been attracted to men. I knew I was a homosexual at age 10 (that's when I started puberty). From 10-18 I was a homosexual virgin. At 18 I had my first relationship and became a practicing homosexual. I've never been attracted to a women in my life, and I can't imagine any circumstance under which I ever will or could be (despite desperately wanting to throughout my childhood). I don't think I could have sex with a women - I don't think I could keep an erection.

If you are sexually attracted to both men and women, which it seems you are, then you're bisexual. I think a pretty good way to "investigate" your sexuality is to examine your fantasy life. When you fantasize about having sex, do you fantasize about having sex with men or women? If you fantasize about the same sex, you're probably gay; if you fantasize about the opposite sex, you're probably straight; if you fantasize about both sexes, you're probably bisexual; and if you don't ever have sexual fantasies, you're probably asexual.
If in the US you weren't tolerated as an homosexual and you wouldn't know that being a homosexual is an option... would you still become an homosexual? I don't believe so... If everybody around you would be straight I don't think that you would try to be different just for the sake of it. But because in the US you're tolerated as an homosexual you chose to become one. If tomorrow you'll see a good looking girl and you'll make yourself believe that she's attractive and there are more benefits being straight than gay... I believe that you'll turn straight. I might be wrong but I don't think so.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:40 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
Quote:
Being a homosexual isn't a choice. Being a heterosexual isn't a choice either. There are several facts un regards to hormonal factors (among others) that back up that. The choice is about being OPEN and comfortable with your sexuality. More and more people are starting to become more tolerant of homosexuals, and in response, closeted homosexual are becoming more comfortable with their sexuality.

Gays exist in Eastern Europe, but they are not open about it because their society strongly condones it.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:41 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
If in the US you weren't tolerated as an homosexual and you wouldn't know that being a homosexual is an option... would you still become an homosexual? I don't believe so... If everybody around you would be straight I don't think that you would try to be different just for the sake of it. But because in the US you're tolerated as an homosexual you chose to become one. If tomorrow you'll see a good looking girl and you'll make yourself believe that she's attractive and there are more benefits being straight than gay... I believe that you'll turn straight. I might be wrong but I don't think so.
You're 100% wrong. I've never heard or read anything this ignorant about human sexuality before. It's truly flabbergasting.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:43 PM
k_s

405 posts, read 896,730 times
Wait, doesn't this milk drinker person live in the US? So why is homosexuality not an option for HIM?

Is there a small window in which asexual youth must make their decisions?

Wait -- I guess not, since a pretty woman walking down the street is enough to convert the masses.

Logic fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies