Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
So no one has lost a job in this economy and has been unable to find a better one than they have at the moment? Funny how the right keeps posting threads about job loss and low job growth, but when it comes to pass that real families are feeling the brunt of it, the families get demonized. Do you people ever hear how obtuse, hypocritical and cold hearted you sound?
One word for you. UNEMPLOYMENT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
A government operated UHC system would eliminate all the problems with Medicare/aid. It would also eliminate almost all the medical administrative costs and health insurance company overhead and profit as well. Just eliminating the profit motive and costs from medical care would save the society billions. Every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Nuh uh!!! A UHC system in the United States would cost $47 Trillion a month!!!! Didn't you hear?!!!
actually it would be very costly

a singlepayer system to cover the 320 million people in the usa would cost between 2-5 trillion a year

where would you get the money???

Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Christie administration is expected to propose cutting the maximum income level of Medicaid from $24,645 to $5,317 a year for a family of three

“That is about a third of the poverty level,” Castro said. “That means that an uninsured parent working full time at a minimum-wage job wouldn’t be eligible. … A parent who works half-time for minimum wage wouldn’t even qualify.

NJ governor : family earning 5317$ a year is too rich for medicaid, page 1

Yeah, a real hero according to the Republican party.
That is a bunch on crap. Worst liberal lie yet.

You need to come up with a better link than that!

I especially love the ad at the top of the page for "Free government supported phones".

That tells me all I need to know about THAT forum.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 AM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
This is coming from a governor who is preaching shared sacrifice. Yes...apparently shared sacrifice is having a plan that denies medicaid to a family of 3 making $15,000/year while having a plan that ensures millionaires pay less in taxes than they did the day he took office.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Look up my posts on Income, Excise and Import taxation.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
The problem with his plan is he will be dumping the new "costs" on hospitals as Ronald Regean made it the law that "you must provide medical care to everyone." So emergency rooms will fill up in NJ more and more, hospital costs will go up, hospital prices go up, you fill in the rest.
And that will come out of YOUR premiums if you live in NJ.
Pass the liabilities to those that have money.

The state has a shortfall and they don't have a printing press.
You can't spend money you don't have and states have balanced budgets.

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
A government operated UHC system would eliminate all the problems with Medicare/aid. It would also eliminate almost all the medical administrative costs and health insurance company overhead and profit as well. Just eliminating the profit motive and costs from medical care would save the society billions. Every year.
How many over 50 new government bureaucratic offices had to be formed up to administer Obamacare? I really wonder how you can continue to say that new plan will eliminate all those people who have to be paid to administer this monster. I really don't think you look at where the money for UHC comes from. I guess taxing the hell out of the rich pays for that healthcare but then what else will there be money for?

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Yep, we shouldn't allow them to breed. That's the American way right?
Don't have children until you're ready.

Why do people feel as if they have a "right" to have children when they can't possibly take on the responsibility?

And why does it become societies responsibility once they're born?

And I don't mean murdering them at will either.

Make the choice BEFORE engaging is sexual activity.

We all know that contraception is not 100% effective, so double or triple up, or simply refrain.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Look up my posts on Income, Excise and Import taxation.
And what does NJ "import" ?

Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
I need to see this from a credible source, and a forum on abovetopsecret.com does not qualify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies