Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Hmmmm, is PETA in Australia?

"Killing a camel to earn a carbon credit may seem a curious way to tackle climate change, but one country is poised to allow investors to do precisely that. The camel culling plan is one of the first to arise under the Australian government’s new “carbon farming initiative”, a scheme that lets farmers or investors claim carbon credits if they can show they have cut greenhouse gas emissions."

FT.com / Asia-Pacific - Australia poised to allow camel cull

I wonder if the camels drove electric cars and took a Gas-X, they would be spared from global warming witch hunts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 05:38 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Al Gore's infamous carbon trading ponzi scheme still lives: the camels, not so much.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:48 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Yeah, animal gases are green house gases. We've all heard the "well cows emit green house gas" thing.

The thing is, we have to have animals, we don't have to have petroleum based transportation.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yeah, animal gases are green house gases. We've all heard the "well cows emit green house gas" thing.

The thing is, we have to have animals, we don't have to have petroleum based transportation.
So you'll be the first to turn in your car for a camel, right?

Why didn't Obama think of that?

Instead of cash for clunkers he could have had instead: camels for clunkers. No, he probably would have thought there would be a run on his brand of cigarettes.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:59 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So you'll be the first to turn in your car for a camel, right?
Natural gas or electric, both of which have significantly less carbon emissions is just fine with me to power my car.

As long as it gets me down the road.

You immediately jump to the furthest left conclusion you can think of. Oil costs to much, it isn't domestic, and we need other sources of fuel. The United States sits on the the worlds largest natural gas resources, and we can power every car in the world on it for the next 100 years.

Lets be smart, not ridiculous.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Natural gas or electric, both of which have significantly less carbon emissions is just fine with me to power my car.

As long as it gets me down the road.

You immediately jump to the furthest left conclusion you can think of. Oil costs to much, it isn't domestic, and we need other sources of fuel. The United States sits on the the worlds largest natural gas resources, and we can power every car in the world on it for the next 100 years.

Lets be smart, not ridiculous.
Oil is domestic but this administrations policy has put a near halt on production.

The thread is about killing camels for carbon credits. Carbon credits are a ponzi scheme, plain and simple. Al Gore and the now deseased convicted felon CEO of Enron Ken Lay cooked up the whole carbon credit sales idea back when Al was VP. Yet apparently you and others, such as the Austrailian government, have fallen for their ponzi scheme. Who's ridiculous?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Using this same line of thinking, Gore and his ilk could start applying it to people. I know after a big bowl of fiber cereal in the morning...well, use your imagination.

Let's see, we could start with anyone given life in prison. And maybe anyone over 70, the lame, the feeble-minded, all sexual predators, animal molesters and abusers...and how about anyone on the dole from the government. I'm sure other people have some good ideas.

We could really start to tidy up this country's problems using this line of thinking.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Using this same line of thinking, Gore and his ilk could start applying it to people. I know after a big bowl of fiber cereal in the morning...well, use your imagination.

Let's see, we could start with anyone given life in prison. And maybe anyone over 70, the lame, the feeble-minded, all sexual predators, animal molesters and abusers...and how about anyone on the dole from the government. I'm sure other people have some good ideas.

We could really start to tidy up this country's problems using this line of thinking.
It already being done.

Why do you think the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation is all about vaccines as a means to limit population growth? Warren Buffet used to make his largest charitable contributions toward a program that decreased the world'd population before he moved his money over tot he Gates Foundation. Look at the decreased fertility caused by floride in our water. There a many examples of how our fertility is being manipulated without our permssion (or knowledge) in order to "save the planet".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies