Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:52 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
USS Iwo Jima LPH-2 & USS LaSalle AGF-3
M-Division (engine room) former Machinist Mate Second Class Petty Officer (E-5). Desert Storm and Bosnia.
Welcome Home Brother!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 02:55 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
So don't you crybaby libs who take Every opportunity to **** on the military and on vets in general .. cry over us now!
So true.

Quote:
USS Iwo Jima LPH-2 & USS LaSalle AGF-3
M-Division (engine room) former Machinist Mate Second Class Petty Officer (E-5). Desert Storm and Bosnia.
Quote:
COMPANY B - 2/501st Infantry (101st AIRBORNE Div) RVN 69-70
Thank you for your service. It's interesting to see that you are the ones actually looking at this objectively, while these non-vets are trying to spin it to make their own flawed point.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:59 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Quote:
Welcome Home Brother!
My dad was also Navy (yellow shirt on the flightdeck during Vietnam). When there were no flights going on, an idiot mechanic fired up the jets to test without notifying the rest of the flight deck crew. My dad lost sight in one eye. Besides getting an evaluation, he never went to the VA for treatment. My wife's dad(Navy hospitalcorpsman in Pearl Harbor after the attack) has been using the VA only within the past 15 years, he's 85. He didn't see action. He cared for the returning wounded and the dead.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:06 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Republicans Want to Kick 1.3 Million Vets Off VA Health-Care to Save the Cost of Keeping Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for 13 DAYS.

A billion can be a big number to wrap one's head around. If you had a billion dollars in $1000 bills, the stack would weigh 2,200 pounds!

Republicans Want to Kick 1.3 Million Vets Off VA Health-Care to Save the Cost of Keeping Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for 13 DAYS | AlterNet
Quote:
Was finally able to open the link. Below is a quote from the article regarding the VA

are looking to end VA healthcare for over 1.3 million veterans who are Priority 7 & 8. These veterans are the least disabled veterans using the system, usually with disability ratings of 0 percent or no service-connected disability.

I think this thread needs a title edit:

Asinsie Libbies Look To Spin GOP VA Proposal To Suit Their Agenda

There we go. That's much more accurate. The sad part is allot of the sheeple will believe it without verifying things for themselves.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:53 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Sorry, I can't rely on the "news" from a blogesque enivironment such as Alternet. Provide a real news source or just leave it alone, John.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:59 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Sorry, I can't rely on the "news" from a blogesque enivironment such as Alternet. Provide a real news source or just leave it alone, John.
I tried to look this article up in a real source, all I was able to find were a ton of liberal blogs copying and pasting the talking points you saw in the OP.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am not the least bit surprised. The financiers and politicians that run and own this country have NEVER wanted to spend any money on our serviceman even while they were on active duty let alone after. They cut the GI Bill for “Nam Veterans almost to uselessness. It has been over 40 years and I still feel betrayed.

In My Opinion this country owes the service men big time. We took time out of our lives, voluntary or not, to work for the rest of you while you were back in the world enjoying Life, Liberty and happiness. I don't know about the rest but when I wasn't running a lathe in a machine shop I was riding River Boats into some very serious small wars. I was way beyond lucky as I was not killed or wounded like most of the rest of the guys. The memories are not pleasant and my attitude even worse.

As far as all the Liberals and Conservatives that object to taking care of our injured brothers I say this": IF YOU HAVE NOT WALKED THE WALK YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO *****! You deserve to pay the families of the DEAD and for the care of the halt (cannot speak), the lame (cannot walk) and the insane (cannot anything). You owe them.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Republicans Want to Kick 1.3 Million Vets Off VA Health-Care to Save the Cost of Keeping Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for 13 DAYS.

A billion can be a big number to wrap one's head around. If you had a billion dollars in $1000 bills, the stack would weigh 2,200 pounds!

Republicans Want to Kick 1.3 Million Vets Off VA Health-Care to Save the Cost of Keeping Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for 13 DAYS | AlterNet

I have a clinic at the VA and like the vets. However, the proposal is to eliminate coverage for those who are not service connected and have no disability or impairment for thier service (i.e., they don't need the VA).

Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
I couldn't open the linked article. Some vets don't need to be on the VA. I am on the VA because of my shoulder injury but I don't use the VA. Instead, I choose to use my employee's health insurance. If my shoulder gets worse I may use the VA or I may choose to use my insurance. I'll decide that when the time comes. My father-in-law uses the VA and he's 85. My personal opinion is the VA should be used by those with a service connected injury, service connected mental problem, or the retired or elderly.

When I joined the Army we were promised VA health care for life, being military connected illness had nothing to with it...

Old 06-13-2011, 07:49 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
When I joined the Army we were promised VA health care for life, being military connected illness had nothing to with it...
and when was that

I joined in 1983 (and retired in 2006, as a First Sergeant) and was never promised that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies