Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 09:05 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,173 times

Advertisements

Western powers are backing Afgan fighters who killed Americans, in order to fight Qaddafi. Strange bedfellows? Not really. Remember the Muhajadeen jihadists trained and equipped by America to fight the Soviets? They later became the Taliban. Do we ever learn? Guess not. Not while we can start wars and bankrupt our country.

"Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links. Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime."

Libyan Rebels Fighting the Globalists' War - BlackListedNews.com

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

Old 04-20-2011, 09:20 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
France, Britain, are in the process of sending them "consultants" and AK-47's. Is Obama doing the same?

It is treason to support al-Qaeda, any way you slice it, IMO.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
France, Britain, are in the process of sending them "consultants" and AK-47's. Is Obama doing the same?

It is treason to support al-Qaeda, any way you slice it, IMO.
This whole presidency is treason IMO.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 AM

310 posts, read 673,002 times
It might have offended some bleeding-heart types, and made Leftist butts pucker up, but Donald Trump had it right on Libya; Had we gone in there under the assumption we would take control of the natural resources, and we did just that, fine. Otherwise, we have no national interest in sticking our noses in a dirty civil war between a tyrant, and a rag-tag bunch of rebels with ties to known terrorist groups who are openly conning the civilized Western world into helping them.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
It might have offended some bleeding-heart types, and made Leftist butts pucker up, but Donald Trump had it right on Libya; Had we gone in there under the assumption we would take control of the natural resources, and we did just that, fine. Otherwise, we have no national interest in sticking our noses in a dirty civil war between a tyrant, and a rag-tag bunch of rebels with ties to known terrorist groups who are openly conning the civilized Western world into helping them.
It does offend me to hear you talk about 'butt puckering', but maybe that's just a natural extension of your thought processes. In any event, we should not be invading any sovereign country for any reason, except for directly protecting ourselves from attack, and last time I looked, Qadaffi did not have any nuclear tipped long range missles pointed our way. And no matter what the idiot Trump says, we should not invade in order to control their resources or to promulgate our interests ahead of Chinese interests, which is the reason for the NATO invasion.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:43 AM

310 posts, read 673,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
It does offend me to hear you talk about 'butt puckering', but maybe that's just a natural extension of your thought processes. In any event, we should not be invading any sovereign country for any reason, except for directly protecting ourselves from attack, and last time I looked, Qadaffi did not have any nuclear tipped long range missles pointed our way. And no matter what the idiot Trump says, we should not invade in order to control their resources or to promulgate our interests ahead of Chinese interests, which is the reason for the NATO invasion.
Childish insinuations of insults aside, you've got to be living in a fantasy world if you don't think everyone is going to face off for control of energy resources within the next 100 or so years. I'm privy to a lot of information I shouldn't be. Sad and brutal as it is, a lot of nasty violent stuff had to happen for us to be sitting here trading shots with each other in relative comfort, and I'm okay with that.

You're not a bad person or stupid for believing and speaking as you do, but it just doesn't wash when thrown out into the rest of the world that is, largely, still a pretty brutal harsh place in which people have to compete (sometimes violently) for survival.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
Childish insinuations of insults aside, you've got to be living in a fantasy world if you don't think everyone is going to face off for control of energy resources within the next 100 or so years. I'm privy to a lot of information I shouldn't be. Sad and brutal as it is, a lot of nasty violent stuff had to happen for us to be sitting here trading shots with each other in relative comfort, and I'm okay with that.

You're not a bad person or stupid for believing and speaking as you do, but it just doesn't wash when thrown out into the rest of the world that is, largely, still a pretty brutal harsh place in which people have to compete (sometimes violently) for survival.
I'm sick of people who use the 'survival of the fittest' crap to justify their own brand of cruelty. This planet has plenty of resources available to sustain the popluation - the problem comes when certain people feel that they are entitled to more for themselves, and don't mind killing to achieve it.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM

Do the anti-Gadhafi Al Qaeda rebels deserve all of the miltary support and billions that we are throwing their way? - guess so, at least they aren't trying the nationalize the Western oil companies...yet.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:27 PM

Nato has refused to rule out bombing Libya’s ancient Roman ruins if Colonel Gaddafi is using them to hide military equipment.

Nato refuses to rule out bombing ancient ruins in air strikes aimed at taking out Gaddafi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies