Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,584,740 times

Advertisements

Destiny Mathis Selling Handwritten Obama Letter To Avoid Eviction (VIDEO)

Poor Ms. Mathis. It is definitely the government's fault that she is in the situation she is in.

Maybe if she has three more kids she'll be okay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 08:28 AM

17,476 posts, read 14,718,444 times
This whole story makes me sick.

This is taken from the article:

Quote:
"I am just a little bit weary of the promises that he's made,” Mathis said. “I really haven't been seeing any kind of changes that affect me directly. ... We need the money so we can move into something that's compatible with the kids and to help us out. We are really, really struggling. It's hard for us right now."
Well you moron, you should've thought about that before you, 1., got pregnant for the 3rd time with no father in sight and 2. QUIT your job.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:31 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,743,630 times
Barry's core supporters are the welfare queens and breeders of America.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,081,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This whole story makes me sick.

This is taken from the article:

Well you moron, you should've thought about that before you, 1., got pregnant for the 3rd time with no father in sight and 2. QUIT your job.
Where does it say there was no father in sight? Being a single mother doesn't necessarily mean this is how it happened. Sometimes the dad walks out on his responsibility later on. Sometimes the dad (like my dad) dies and she becomes as single mother. You are making some crazy assumptions. Nowhere in the article does it say she QUIT her job either - just that she was working before and now she's not.. She worked as a surgical technician. You don't know about her plans, how much money she was making or if she could have better supported her three kids with her old job.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:06 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,222,224 times
All this shows is that many people actually were stupid enough to believe what obama promised during the presidential campaign.

~AND~

Some people have a problem keeping their legs closed......

Old 06-21-2011, 01:15 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,200,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
Where does it say there was no father in sight? Being a single mother doesn't necessarily mean this is how it happened. Sometimes the dad walks out on his responsibility later on. Sometimes the dad (like my dad) dies and she becomes as single mother. You are making some crazy assumptions. Nowhere in the article does it say she QUIT her job either - just that she was working before and now she's not.. She worked as a surgical technician. You don't know about her plans, how much money she was making or if she could have better supported her three kids with her old job.
The story says she could no longer work due to limited daycare options. Either that means she quit, or she didnt show up for work and got fired.. Either way, its her fault.

She also goes onto to say that her family wants her to write another letter, I guess we can consider this a welfare stimulus.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,157,518 times
I don't know about you, but I don't have kids until I can afford them. Of course, people do fall on hard times, especially in this environment. But something tells me her situation is not relative to the economy. This situation seems to be relative to her decision to have 3 children when she couldn't afford them. The current economy just makes it worse.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:42 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,306,136 times
I blame Obama

Old 06-21-2011, 05:52 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,850,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Barry's core supporters are the welfare queens and breeders of America.
Yeah, and they voted him into office, and they outnumber people like us and they breed more and they're gonna keep voting people like him into office and we're never gonna have anyone better than Obama so this is the best we're ever gonna have it - RIGHT NOW - so join me as we sit and gaze in wonder at the best we're ever gonna see, again.

Say it with me. Obama is the best we are ever going to see.

Your logic is undeniable.
YouTube - ‪Perform This Way (Parody of "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga)‬‏

Old 06-21-2011, 06:20 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,639,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I blame Obama
She's got three kids, all of which weren't born during the Obama Administration, were they? So at least be fair and blame Bush, too. (Let's not even get into assigning any sort of blame or responsibility to the woman herself, OK?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies