Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 12:53 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,210,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Where do you think all of our Capitalism control legislation came from?

People didn't just dream them up...it was to STOP ABUSE taking place in a Capitalist society.
Google "Theodore Roosvelt" to see how unbridled capitalism needs to be dealt with.

If the republicans could find and field another Teddy, I'd vote for my first republican since 1972.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2011, 01:04 PM

513 posts, read 581,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I definitely understand why rich liberals (Soros, Gore, Edwards, etc) are in love with Democrats. But what I don't understand is why joe the plumber's number one priority is to funnel his tax dollars up the food chain to the richest Americans.

Yes, I understand a lot of liberals hate working class Americans, minorities, tax payers, etc, and like to keep them under their Big Government thumb, but is it really worth the economic garbage that goes along with electing Democrats?
A lot of liberals are easily duped into voting Democrat because they're too uneducated/uninformed to understand economics and because of social/wedge issues, for instance...

"OMG teh Republickinz r gonna kill wimin by makin dem pay four der own abortionz"

"OMG teh Republickinz r gonna killz teh gays by not lettin dem get marreed"

Old 06-19-2011, 03:26 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
A lot of liberals are easily duped into voting Democrat because they're too uneducated/uninformed to understand economics and because of social/wedge issues, for instance...

"OMG teh Republickinz r gonna kill wimin by makin dem pay four der own abortionz"

"OMG teh Republickinz r gonna killz teh gays by not lettin dem get marreed"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked trailer parks weren't a hot-bed for liberalism...

Old 06-19-2011, 03:34 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You folks shouldn't be mad at the rich. They are doing nothing wrong, nothing illegal.
Guess who made the rules of the game ?

Why aren't you mad at YOUR GOVERNMENT for making these rules ?
The gullible...our government leaders point to the rich and say "These guys are destroying your life" and you buy it hook, line and sinker.

Hows about you stand up and realize that the government is giving them this money via their laws/regulations/tax code.

You are mad at the wrong group of people.
Government leaders are the puppets. Guess who are the puppet masters? Those who foot the bill for the propaganda that gets the votes for their puppets.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:33 PM

9,290 posts, read 14,908,083 times
I'm stunned at Economics's take on history. What an incredible twisting of the facts.

I guess the answer to the poster's initial question is simply "ignorance" and believing the lies perpetrated by the spin masters.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:37 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Economics201 View Post
Answer me this? Western Europe was more than 50% unionized in the late 1800s. The U.S. was less than 3% unionized. And there were very few worker protection laws in place. But millions of unionized workers still immigrated to the U.S. to work in the non-union United States. WHy would thy do that if unions were doing anything for them?
Same reason people are leaving Michigan to go to Texas: opportunity.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I definitely understand why rich liberals (Soros, Gore, Edwards, etc) are in love with Democrats. But what I don't understand is why joe the plumber's number one priority is to funnel his tax dollars up the food chain to the richest Americans.

Yes, I understand a lot of liberals hate working class Americans, minorities, tax payers, etc, and like to keep them under their Big Government thumb, but is it really worth the economic garbage that goes along with electing Democrats?
Do you watch that show Deception with Keith Barry? I think that's the name of it. He's a mentalist. Anyways, he is able to put thoughts in people's heads and make them think that the idea is theirs, that they thought of it, and not anyone else. The power of manipulation is strong, yet very suttle.
This is what the O Admin is doing. Making the poor think that the left has their best interest at heart, when in reality, it is their own doom.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Economics201 View Post
Yawn. Look at how the people lived before the industrial revolution. There lives were clearly not as good.

The triangle fire started because a worker was stealing. And another broke company policy and was smoking at work. A rule put in place by the owners exactly so a fire wouldn't have started. And they made that rule without a union or govt telling them to.

Non-farm child labor was virtually eliminated by 1920. Child labor laws didn't take effect until 1937. And those children working were immigrants kids. Would you have preferred that they starved to death by not working? By 1920 less than 1% of children in the U.S. were working at factories. No law "fixing" the problem until 1937. LOLs.

Answer me this? Western Europe was more than 50% unionized in the late 1800s. The U.S. was less than 3% unionized. And there were very few worker protection laws in place. But millions of unionized workers still immigrated to the U.S. to work in the non-union United States. WHy would thy do that if unions were doing anything for them?

Manufacturing wages in the United States rose 57% from 1860-1890, adjusted for inflation. They rose another 34% from 1890-1914. All when less than 3% of the workforce was unionized and before labor laws were enacted. And there is a direct correlation between the increase in wages and the drop in child labor.

The unions in the U.S. started to keep minorities from taking "white" jobs. They have always been tied to organized crime. And every claim they have ever made is a lie. From employer based health care to the 40 hour work week. All of it started in non-union shops.

Unions are liars and criminals. And racists.
I owe you so many reps!

Old 06-20-2011, 05:02 AM

118 posts, read 87,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Unemployment in 1944 was 1.2% If thats a depression, I don't know what one is.

Perhaps you should go back and take Econ 101.
So when did unemployment become the only measure of a depression> LOLs.

In 1944 almost all goods were being rationed. Several million men between the ages of 18-40 were overseas. The only wealth being created was going straight to the military.

How can it not be a depression when you can't get the food you want?

Perhaps you should go back and take Econ101. Maybe you would learn the depression didn't end until 1946. Long after FDR was dead and many of his policies were overturned.

If it's so damn inportant to you that a Democrat gets credit for ending the depression then credit Truman. He clearly did more to end it than FDR.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:04 AM

118 posts, read 87,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Same reason people are leaving Michigan to go to Texas: opportunity.
Exactly.

It's funny how the left is always talking about how great unions are. Yet, given a chance workers go to non-union areas. Only exception to this was in the earley and middle 1900s when people moverd form the south to Michigan to work in the auto plants. That trend has now reversed itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies