Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

I personally know some policeman. They are not all created equally, or handle a certain situation in the same way. My friend told me so many have a chip on their shoulder, and make it very appearant. Not all but some, and the more experience the better. I do not feel this women was doing anything wrong, truthfully. So it seems it is perfectly acceptable for police to do the videotaping, but someone as you or me cannot tape as this women was for fear of the same thing happening. What was so wrong that she was doing. Was this a crime! She was on her own property.

However without being there and witnessing for myself what happened, there always is two sides to a story, maybe more here then meets the eye. Why did the officer not feel safe. And you know these days, it is not easy being a policeman, there are crackpots out there, every corner of the globe. They do have a very hard job, and people getting crazier my the minute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 07:24 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Yes, she was disrespectful. He told her he did not feel safe with her there and she refused to go back into her house and he gave her plenty of fair warning as to his intentions if she did not back off.

And then the brave one who stands true to her convictions walks off crying and wailing.
And still without commiting an arrestable offense.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:28 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
And still without commiting an arrestable offense.
I think you should read post #101 and leave it there.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,281 times
I just re-watched the video

I have just 2 little questions....

1- What transpired prior to the camera coming out that made her feel she needed to go grab the camera?

2- Why did she attempt to comply with the officers orders ONLY when arrest was imminent?

I personally think that the officer was extremely polite throught the entire video. Never once did he raise his voice at her nor was he rude.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:35 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
When someone says they don't feel safe, you back off. When you are repeatedly asked to do something under these circumstances, you back off and just go back into your house. It was really none of her business and she invaded the privacy of the suspect by filming him.
What are you talking about?

Since when does not respecting the statement "I don't feel safe" give the police grounds to arrest somebody?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 PM

Just thought you all would like to know that there is a law on the NYbooks that states:

"S 195.10 Refusing to aid a peace or a police officer.
A person is guilty of refusing to aid a peace or a police officer
when, upon command by a peace or a police officer identifiable or
identified to him as such, he unreasonably fails or refuses to aid such
peace or a police officer in effecting an arrest, or in preventing the
commission by another person of any offense.
Refusing to aid a peace or a police officer is a class B misdemeanor."

Perhaps this is what she was arrested for.....

Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
I just re-watched the video

I have just 2 little questions....

1- What transpired prior to the camera coming out that made her feel she needed to go grab the camera?

2- Why did she attempt to comply with the officers orders ONLY when arrest was imminent?

I personally think that the officer was extremely polite throught the entire video. Never once did he raise his voice at her nor was he rude.
What possible difference could that make? So he was polite to her while illegally arresting her for an imaginary crime--what does that get him.

It's a much greater threat to the public for police to feel they can arrest anyone with impunity for no reason than for police to be rude.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
maybe more here then meets...
...your eyes, your ears, or your brain.

Which I can't say for the rest of us.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
What possible difference could that make? So he was polite to her while illegally arresting her for an imaginary crime--what does that get him.

It's a much greater threat to the public for police to feel they can arrest anyone with impunity for no reason than for police to be rude.
Umm...my personal opinion makes no difference. Is this not a forum for people to state their opinions?

Did you really think the officer was rude to the lady?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:54 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I personally know some policeman. They are not all created equally, or handle a certain situation in the same way. My friend told me so many have a chip on their shoulder, and make it very appearant. Not all but some, and the more experience the better. I do not feel this women was doing anything wrong, truthfully. So it seems it is perfectly acceptable for police to do the videotaping, but someone as you or me cannot tape as this women was for fear of the same thing happening. What was so wrong that she was doing. Was this a crime! She was on her own property.

However without being there and witnessing for myself what happened, there always is two sides to a story, maybe more here then meets the eye. Why did the officer not feel safe. And you know these days, it is not easy being a policeman, there are crackpots out there, every corner of the globe. They do have a very hard job, and people getting crazier my the minute.
Boy! That cop shoulda held a camera up to her face and see'd how she liked it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies