Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 04:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I'm torn on this one because my LEO brother was almost killed by someone who took him from behind while he was affect the same type of residential vehicle stop and arrest. He ended up struggling with both of them until back up arrived and shot the assailent dead.

Now I know this is a somewhat different situation, however I can understand the LEO sentiment. The female is on her property but it is accessable to the general public. If she had just went back to her porch and continued filming this event would not have escalated.

This is what happens when LEO's start to feel attacked from all angles.
It is 1000 times harder to do an LEO's job in this PC world we live in than it used to be. thank you Rodney King and the LA PD.

Now that being stated this was a young cop with a chip on his shoulder. What a great moment to engage the video taker and make everyone feel good. Community Policing has been tossed out the window in a lot of jurisdictions.

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides of this camera. This lady wanted a confrontation and she got it. Be careful what you ask for you may get it.
No citizen deserves to have their rights taken away. Unbelievable, making excuses and trying to justify the actions of these corrupt individuals. These cops deserve jail time. They are scum. Read the Constitution then get back with a sane comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
This is proof, that we live in a tyrannical police state.

She should have said back to the cop, that she felt threatened on her own property. Would that get her off the hook.

I'd like to see a follow up on this as it progresses through the courts.
I would not be surprised if a civil law suit, using a jury against the officer, happens.

I know I would.

He does make mention of what she said prior?

They may be on the dash cam audio, that we are not hearing.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:45 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
She's an activist looking for police brutality, plain and simple. She pushed the wrong cops buttons and got pinched. This lady has a history of confrontational

When you play with fire some times your gonna get burned.

This is not the first time she has been arrested interfering with a police officer in the performance of duties.

I knew something didn't smell right about this lady.

Look it up for yourself if you care as much as some of your are purporting to care about her civil liberties being trounced upon.
Fine. We'll go with your crazy beliefs. She was looking for a case of police brutality.

All perfectly legal. The cop was still 100% wrong.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
She was looking for a fight and she got it. I could hear it in the tone of her voice. She wanted a confrontation.
So when the other person "wants confrontation"...it's OK for cops to break the law.

This is just about how much your average American these days values civil rights and the Constitution.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:59 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Fine. We'll go with your crazy beliefs. She was looking for a case of police brutality.

All perfectly legal. The cop was still 100% wrong.
I never saw any brutality in the video. Just someone getting arrested. where was the brutality. If it was a false arrest, then there will be consequences for the officer.

She is a community activist that makes a habit of interfering with police and getting arrested.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No citizen deserves to have their rights taken away. Unbelievable, making excuses and trying to justify the actions of these corrupt individuals. These cops deserve jail time. They are scum. Read the Constitution then get back with a sane comment.

Yes some citizens do have their rights taken away. Guess you missed the millions of people we have in prisons in this country.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I never saw any brutality in the video. Just someone getting arrested. where was the brutality. If it was a false arrest, then there will be consequences for the officer.

She is a community activist that makes a habit of interfering with police and getting arrested.
Good for her. We need more civil disobedience not less.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Good for her. We need more civil disobedience not less.

Yes!

If you see something that is just not right with the way our governments restrict our freedom and liberty as individuals, speak up and make a scene.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
The Patriot Act
"The Patriot Act really empowered the otherwise powerless and stupid.

Stop by the NIH and talk to the security guards. They will demonstrate how much smarter they are than the scientists. The bureaucrats will affirm.

Many of the guards believe that it is OK to shoot a scientist running on campus, because if the scientist isn't doing something wrong, why would (s)he be running?

The security guards have "common sense" and a loaded gun.

The scientists aren't allowed to protect themselves, other than to climb ranks with reports. The reports are received by the bureaucrats who always back the security guards. They don't buy the, "I was just jogging for chrissakes!" argument.

Some of the security guards get suspicious when they see scientists smiling. I mean, you have to agree, why would they be smiling if they haven't done anything wrong?

Hey, if you ain't got security, what point is there in living?

I haven't been on campus in a few years, so I don't know if the security guards have won their groping rights yet. But I know they sure do want them!

The Project Manager for the contract security guards defended his "men" by telling the NIH Program Manager that the guards have a RIGHT to breath on cleavage because that's close to where the scientists are required to wear their pictured ID badges. Added to that, was the Project Manager's argument that a security guard's nose was capable of detecting explosives.

To keep the hot breath and drool off her chest, one scientist went downtown and had her pictured ID badge blown up to a one foot square image, and then had it printed front and back on her T-shirt. She was promptly told to leave her T-shirt at home and to wear her plastic security badge on her chest.

Guards say there's nothing finer than touching succulent young postdocs.

Rocky Mountain Laboratories, NIAID, NIH

A lot of fired TSA gropers are applying for work at the NIH now.

Boy, just wait till O'Bama's friends get the gropers unionized.

Then, we'll have some REAL security."

Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times
Cops should and do have the right to ask citizens to stand back at the scene of an arrest. It's a judgment call. If the cop is on a dark street in a high crime neighborhood where he has previously encountered hostility from the criminals and their relatives living there then yes, he should feel nervous about people hovering behind him while he is making an arrest.
She wasn't witnessing any policy brutality, just a typical arrest. But in some peoples' minds any and all arrests in their neighborhood are police misconduct. Never mind that she probably lives in a high crime area and benefits from this policing.
This woman was trying to create an incident and probably wanted to draw a crowd to the scene. That is the tactic of police haters. The hatred more often than not is due to their own lengthy arrest record or that of their hoodlum kids.
A rational, intelligent person would not have a problem with the cop's request.

Which explains why so many city-data users side with this woman. This site is like an outpatient mental ward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies