Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:18 AM

7,520 posts, read 5,765,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysinko View Post
The lazy on welfare they call degenerates (rightfully so imo), however, never a peep about corporate welfare. It's a sin for a ghetto mom to pop out ten kids and receive taxpayer support, but it's ok for corporate elite to become wealthy with all reward, no risk via taxpayer bailouts so they can stay in their Hamptons Mansion. Obama is a massive spender but you never heard boo about spending habits when GW was President. Why the intellectual dishonesty from the right?
Short answer, unfortunately these large entities provide a large amount of the money the flows through the economy. Paychecks, welfare checks etc.. Letting them fail would put your baby producing welfare mothers on the street with nothing. Do I support bail outs? Nope..

Please quit comparing Bush to the village idiot in the white house. It's time to grow up and move on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 01:19 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,119,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You have answered neither and are making up some sort of bizarre math problem you cannot even define.
This gave me a chuckle but I can't rep you again right now. We all know that liberals just make things up and then accuse our side of being dumb, naive or not understanding (or bigoted, racist, homophobic, etc.). They just go on with their circular logic to try to confuse us as much as they've confused themselves.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:33 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,119,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
At least a handful of right-wingers, namely the Bush administration, were in favor of TARP, since, you know, they're the ones who did it.

And stimulus =/= bailout. The stimulus was very diverse and by no means a boon for only the rich.
Yes, it was so diverse that we have shrimp "running" on treadmills, turkey breasts being supplied for a lunch and renovations of public buildings that are no longer being used.

Most of the money actually went for road projects that were supposedly shovel-ready, and Obama thinks it's amusing that they were not actually shovel-ready and nobody has even started on them yet. I don't know about you, but I've seen a handful of signs stating X or Y road was going to be redone with stimulus funds, and those roads are still in the same shape with nobody working on them. I guess you could say the money did not go for road projects but instead to a sign company.

Also, you cannot blame Bush only for TARP...Congress was Democrat at that time.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:05 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,866,297 times
I'm against both, but I think we have less to lose as a society by pissing a few dollars away than raising a large populace of leeches. My objection to welfare abuse has little to do with the money.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:05 AM

1,495 posts, read 2,302,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
My objection to welfare abuse has little to do with the money.
Thank you for admitting that.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:11 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,866,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Thank you for admitting that.
Is that a bad thing?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:22 AM

1,495 posts, read 2,302,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Is that a bad thing?
Well I'll leave that aside for now. It's just that often when I object to people's judgmental arrogance on the issue of welfare, they protest that it's their money (disregarding the fact that an individual welfare recipient could hand an individual complainer a penny and they would be more than even). You are at least honest in saying it's not about the money.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:31 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ok, you're new here so we will help you out. Your thread makes no sense, give it another go.
It makes perfect sense...Maybe it struck a nerve with you and you are not able to answer the question so you attack?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:33 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Please quit comparing Bush to the village idiot in the white house. It's time to grow up and move on...
Awwww a little touchy are we? Are you actually saying the Shrub didn't run up the deficit?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrysinko View Post
The lazy on welfare they call degenerates (rightfully so imo), however, never a peep about corporate welfare. It's a sin for a ghetto mom to pop out ten kids and receive taxpayer support, but it's ok for corporate elite to become wealthy with all reward, no risk via taxpayer bailouts so they can stay in their Hamptons Mansion. Obama is a massive spender but you never heard boo about spending habits when GW was President. Why the intellectual dishonesty from the right?

Mu: japanese word alleged to mean

"Your question cannot be answered because it depends on incorrect assumptions."

I will make like a cow and be muing all over this forum board. Because the questions people ask really do depend on incorrect assumptions.

Yours is that all 'right-wing' people are in favor of corporate welfare. Or that all conservative people agree with every single thing their elected leaders have done. Bad assumption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies