Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Tracy Morgan apologize again for offending some people?
Yes 2 5.56%
No 34 94.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 08:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Look people have got to learn to expect the unexpected when it comes to comedians, if you are someone who gets offended, and their feelings hurt, you are someone that should not be listening to comedy. Mostly anything is fair game with comedians, what they say is meant to be funny, ok not everything, but take it with a grain of salt. Maybe i am someone with thick skin, what people think of me, or names they may want to call me, don't bother me in the least, i have been called a stupid warp **** before, does not bother me. Names do not bother me, unless you talk about my grandchildren or my children, then you have a war! Not all comedians come off as some of the more funny, some no matter what they say are so funny, and some, no matter how they relay their message, is not funny at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times
People are so damn sensitive these days.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,570 times
I think the reason comedians get so much heat is because they say out loud what other don't have the guts to say. Thats why it's funny.....we all think it, just none of us actually say it.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times
Would a white comedian making insulting remarks and telling jokes about killing blacks also be funny?
Is the "N word" ok in a white comedian's routine?
BTW comedy does not have to be offensive in this way to be funny. It actually seems more like bullying than comedy. I wonder how Groucho Marx and Charlie Chaplin were able to make it without foul language and jokes about stabbing people?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
No one has a constitutional right to not be offended.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,336 times
He's got a point about retards and gorillas. A grown retarded male has the strength of like 10 men. A grown male gorilla has the strength of like 30 men. Which is why if you ever see a retarded male gorilla, run, just run the other way as fast as you can.
-D.Tosh

I'm so sick of people's overly sensitive, sensibilities. What's next, the church going to demand an apology from George Carlin because of his witty sharp satire against religion? Get over it.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:40 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Haven't you seen the new TV commercial with actress Jane Lynch? The "R" word must not be spoken, just like the "N" word. Don't you just love PC group think?

How about "window licker"?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:47 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Would a white comedian making insulting remarks and telling jokes about killing blacks also be funny?
About as funny as a black comedian talking about killing whitey.

Quote:
Is the "N word" ok in a white comedian's routine?
Youtube search "Lisa Lampanelli". Nuff said.

Quote:
BTW comedy does not have to be offensive in this way to be funny. It actually seems more like bullying than comedy. I wonder how Groucho Marx and Charlie Chaplin were able to make it without foul language and jokes about stabbing people?
They did "physcial comedy". There are PLENTY of physical comics out there that aren't dirty or use any offensive language in their acts. Gallagher, Carrot Top and Jeff Dunham are just a few I can name off the top of my head.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:53 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Tracy Morgan offends again in latest stand-up - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAY.com

I think he should make an announcement that goes something like this:

"Look everybody. I'm a comedian. I'm going to say things that are over-the-top. Some people might be offended, but I don't mean any harm. There's a difference between what I say during my performance and what I really believe. If you don't like what I say, then don't come to my shows. But if you have a sense of humor, then I hope you'll join us."
What's hypocritical to me is that your average white female insult comic has said WAY worse things than Tracy Morgan about gays AND disabled people but nobody causes a stir for them. Matter fact, Eminem has publicly cursed the gay community in the past but has received virtually no backlash for it and the gays embraced him even more.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,012 times
I agree that it's free speech but why the double standard?
Think Michael Richard, Dr. Laura, Don Imus etc. etc.
Why did they have to apologize?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies