Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:12 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,426,067 times

Advertisements

Seriously. I've never seen a group of politicians that felt the need to throw such amazing temper tantrums and absolutely refusing to make any deals or compromises on their positions whatsoever.

At least the Democrats offered some spending cuts, for example. Republicans will not budge on the tax issue.

Why do they want to take their ball and go home? What are they accomplishing besides making themselves look ridiculous and hurting the common American citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:13 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,466,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Seriously. I've never seen a group of politicians that felt the need to throw such amazing temper tantrums and absolutely refusing to make any deals or compromises on their positions whatsoever.

At least the Democrats offered some spending cuts, for example. Republicans will not budge on the tax issue.

Why do they want to take their ball and go home? What are they accomplishing besides making themselves look ridiculous and hurting the common American citizen?
Oh how quick you hacks forget about the Dems fleeing WI. Unbelievable. Can you show any more hypocrisy and bias in your posts? I think not!

Old 07-01-2011, 08:14 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,424,997 times
I think both sides are acting like three-year-olds. They all need to grow up and do what's right for Minnesota -- work something out. I'd prefer tax increases, but just come to some sort of compromise.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:19 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,768,423 times
Quote:

Well of course the Republicans are the adults in the room. Obama proposes to tax jets to close the deficit. It would take 5000 years of increased jet taxes to fund the government for 1 month. It is time for the Dem to put on their big boy pants and start addressing our problems in a serious way.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
If you think the Repubs are 3 year olds then so are the Dems.
Each one spends their time blaming the other.

The country is going down the drain one state at a time and most are concerned with who to blame rather than taking the hard knocks to fix it.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:27 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,487,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well of course the Republicans are the adults in the room. Obama proposes to tax jets to close the deficit. It would take 5000 years of increased jet taxes to fund the government for 1 month. It is time for the Dem to put on their big boy pants and start addressing our problems in a serious way.
I heard this talking point yesterday on Rush and Hannity, and I thought to myself, "so what?" I have no problem taxing private jets. If it's that insignificant then those that can afford it wouldn't miss it anyway. It's amazing how Republicans have abandoned any pretense of sticking up for the middle class. Appalling.

Quote:

It's been stunning, hasn't it? Congress has compromised on countless issues for over 200 years. We teach our children to not throw temper tantrums and act like brats, yet our politicians do the same (both sides, do, really, but the Republicans' behavior is just sickening).

The more I look at our political paralysis, the more I'm convinced that this country's totally screwed. Totally.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:29 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,550,163 times
The democrats contend that the country will fall apart if people have to fend for themselves.

The liberals want Americans to get permission from the feds for just about everything in life.

Isn't total dependence the hallmark of a three-year-old?

Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,426,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh how quick you hacks forget about the Dems fleeing WI. Unbelievable. Can you show any more hypocrisy and bias in your posts? I think not!
At least in that instance it didn't result in the government shutting down or the government about to default on its debts... instead they were standing up for the rights of workers that were about to be laid off, something that needs to be done MORE in this country.

...and like I said, at least the Democrats have offered to cut spending in various areas. Where are the Republicans' compromises on tax increases? Nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You say that as if it is seriously the only tax he is proposing. How about taxing the wealthy more like back in Reagan's years? Hm?

Old 07-01-2011, 08:32 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,865,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I heard this talking point yesterday on Rush and Hannity, and I thought to myself, "so what?" I have no problem taxing private jets. If it's that insignificant then those that can afford it wouldn't miss it anyway. It's amazing how Republicans have abandoned any pretense of sticking up for the middle class. Appalling.
Do you really think jet taxes are the problem? The problem is that we can tack on taxes all we want but it's meaningless without major spending cuts.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:34 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,768,423 times
Quote:

You say that as if it is seriously the only tax he is proposing. How about taxing the wealthy more like back in Reagan's years? Hm?
Let him propose it.

All the tax hikes he is proposing is simply posturing, they simply don't address the very real problems we are having. Paul Ryan has and he has been demagogues to death. The Dems simply aren't interested in addressing the problems, they would rather score cheap political points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies