Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

It seems that McConnell has backed up from the Fear Monger in Chief and his promise to get the Republicans blamed for all the problems and is willing to give THEM the power to raise the debt limit in smaller increments three times the next year without any cuts in spending being needed. I surely hope the GOP members of the Senate manage to pitch him down to the bottom of the pile, soon

I agree with the writer of this article that 2014 can't get here soon enough. That is the election year when McConnell will surely be thrown out of office.

Mitch McConnell Just Proposed the “Pontius Pilate Pass the Buck Act of 2011″ | RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that McConnell has backed up from the Fear Monger in Chief and his promise to get the Republicans blamed for all the problems and is willing to give THEM the power to raise the debt limit in smaller increments three times the next year without any cuts in spending being needed. I surely hope the GOP members of the Senate manage to pitch him down to the bottom of the pile, soon

I agree with the writer of this article that 2014 can't get here soon enough. That is the election year when McConnell will surely be thrown out of office.

Mitch McConnell Just Proposed the “Pontius Pilate Pass the Buck Act of 2011″ | RedState
McConnell that RINO. LMFAO.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:56 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
This is when it becomes most apparent that a D or an R after ones name means very little.
They are unified against the taxpayer.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:58 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
>Fear Monger in Chief

Why do you refer to all politicians in general?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:00 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:

This is all politics. McConnell and the other Republicans know that the ceiling has to be increased, but they don't want to be responsible for it, so this is a way to blame it on Obama...pretty genius if not just slimy. They need to man up and tell their constituency the truth and face the consequences.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,258,638 times
How does a single senator 'pass' a bill?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:06 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
You can chalk this one up as a grand slam for Obama and the dems. They proposed the BIG cuts, with nothing from the republicans and now they raise the debt ceiling. This proves beyond any doubt the right doesn't give a damn what so ever about balancing the budget, just to keep spending like maniacs on the ultra rich and their big corporation cronies.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
O.V. Catto pulls up a chair....

Old 07-12-2011, 02:30 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,863 times
Quote:

Could not agree more. I get very tired of the very foolish position that we "must compromise!" Not only NO, but He!! NO!

Having been involved up to my neck in politics of a different arena for the last 40 years myself, I know and always stayed with the position that one never compromises between right and wrong...its either right or its wrong...period! The only time compromise is acceptable is if there is no right or wrong! That position has never gotten me into trouble and even when votes went against me, I have always had my position proven right in the long run. Vindication, sadly, is nice but doesn't save us from mistakes!

There is right and wrong in this debt problem. Washington has already tipped the boat with way too much spending, especially since BO took office and he and the Dems went nuts with the credit card.

The debt ceiling should NOT be raised! Washington must STOP SPENDING more than it takes in. Washington has to limit spending to the point where there is surplus to be applied to the debt until it is paid. A balanced-budget amendment must be added to our Constitution so no matter what idiots become elected to Washington positions this kind of financial mess can never happen again. Entitlements must be reorganized to work for the younger generations or they will be gone. Federal must get out of the area of Unemployment and Welfare. Those are State issues. That's for starters!

There is only one excuse for borrowing...that is in War to protect our National Security. That is the only exception that should ever be made.

That's a lot of explanation to agree that any Dem or Republican, including Mitch McConnell, has to be voted out for following this kind of mentality.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
How does a single senator 'pass' a bill?
When McConnell holds this carrot out in front of the Senate donkeys they will lunge at it. No,he can't pass anything but he can sure pull their tails. At any rate I see him backing up and not being very smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies