Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 04:04 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times

Advertisements

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/list...-mo-residents/

Rush Limbaugh decided to deliver a free truck load of his tea to the recently devastated, now forgotten, people of Joplin, Montana. He even personally paid other vendors who may have lost business because of his free tea.

He also gave a non-political speech, if you can believe it, posted below. Caution, while it is not political in any way, it may offend "some" who are not proud Patriots.

YouTube - ‪Rush Limbaugh speaks in Joplin, MO, 7/4/11‬‏

I wish more "famous" people with money would do stuff like this. I dont think they should "have" to but its nice to see it done when it is.
Now let's see if we can get comments other than name calling (ie fat, drug addict, etc).

Just to add, its great to see someone go out there and do this, but also celebrate and inspire. Something that isnt done often enough. These people of this community will survive because of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 04:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
In before a DailyKos/Media Matters liberal says that Rush clearly was doing this to promote his radio show and to scam the poor people of Joplin, Missouri out of their money

Old 07-05-2011, 04:09 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Yes, because what the people of Joplin, MO sorely need more than anything to put their lives back together is Rush's new tea brand.

And I'm sure when he did this, Limbaugh wasn't thinking of his own publicity and product marketing at all.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:09 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
"I'm a little hard of hearing" LOL

Good for Rush. I haven't listened to him since the 1990's but its good to see charity work. I mean if Planned Parenthood can get kudos for killing babies why cant Rush get kudos for delivering some tea to that community.

Oh yeah how are those swales going Uncle Buc?

Old 07-05-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In before a DailyKos/Media Matters liberal says that Rush clearly was doing this to promote his radio show and to scam the poor people of Joplin, Missouri out of their money
Theyll hate it on his speech alone. He didnt talk politics but he promoted America, freedom, American exceptional-ism, and inspiration. Those things together turn off some in our country, unfortunately, it makes their blood boil.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, because what the people of Joplin, MO sorely need more than anything to put their lives back together - especially on the 4th of July - are little bags of dried tea leaves.

And I'm sure when he did this, Limbaugh wasn't thinking of his own publicity at all.

This didnt get a lot of play nationwide. Did you even listen to the speech? That is from the heart and cant be faked.
But its not like we didnt expect some of you to feel that way. Its in your blood.
A little tea, a little celebration, a little inspiration goes along way sometimes.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Yes, because what the people of Joplin, MO sorely need more than anything to put their lives back together - especially on the 4th of July - are little bags of dried tea leaves.

And I'm sure when he did this, Limbaugh wasn't thinking of his own publicity at all (not to mention that this is his tea brand).
Why don't you read the link before commenting. Doing so can avoid embarrassing moments such as this:

IT WAS BOTTLED TEA! ready to drink

Old 07-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
"I'm a little hard of hearing" LOL

Good for Rush. I haven't listened to him since the 1990's but its good to see charity work. I mean if Planned Parenthood can get kudos for killing babies why cant Rush get kudos for delivering some tea to that community.

Oh yeah how are those swales going Uncle Buc?
I meant to reply. But I thought about what you said and thought I just needed to think about it for a while. I got some other issues that need taken care of so Im going to do something temporarily for the time being.
I do thank you for your response though. If youre still around here when Im ready to swale, Ill send you a message ya.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:

And I'm sure when he did this, Limbaugh wasn't thinking of his own publicity at all (not to mention that this is his tea brand).
umm....it was bottles...not bags. And yes--of course, he did it for advertising...that's what it was intended for. He announced he was going to send the truck somewhere last week. He decided on Joplin last Friday.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I meant to reply. But I thought about what you said and thought I just needed to think about it for a while. I got some other issues that need taken care of so Im going to do something temporarily for the time being.
I do thank you for your response though. If youre still around here when Im ready to swale, Ill send you a message ya.
Have at it Boss!

I've been here a few years I don't think I'm going anywhere real soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies