Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 06:34 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times

Advertisements

Yesterday on Geraldo, Russell Simmons stated he is willing to pay more taxes but not if he has to pay more by himself, others have to pay more (meaning "rich" people)....

but than stated real quickly "otherwise I would rather give it to my charity"!!!

Very honest but what he stated means that he either will pay towards taxes OR to his charity, so he IS NOT WILLING TO PAY MORE IN TOTAL!!!!!!

That is what we have seen in Europe when taxes were raised, less charity money would be given and basically only the amount that was tax deductable for charity was what was given!

Obama better understand that part and listen carefully to his buddy Russell Simmons who probably doesn't have his clothing line made in the USA but overseas and I wonder how many employees he still have overhere....

Just another hypocrite but I have to give him some slack for flapping his gums a little too long during the interview because now I heard the real Simmons and he is not willing to let go of one dime more, just move some money meant for charity to the taxes!!!! Actually I'm not surprised!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 06:37 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,685,226 times
Russell Simmons is just looking for publicity. Nobody takes him seriously.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:59 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
really you shouldn't be surprised since he is complaining about taxes when he really should be complaining about all of the alimony he has to pay to his ex-wife & child support. Maybe he needs a new accountant because as Leona Helmsley stated when she was alive "only the little people pay taxes"!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,390,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
really you shouldn't be surprised since he is complaining about taxes when he really should be complaining about all of the alimony he has to pay to his ex-wife & child support. Maybe he needs a new accountant because as Leona Helmsley stated when she was alive "only the little people pay taxes"!

I like what Ivana Trump said about divorcing Donald: "Don't get half. Get everything!"

Old 10-10-2011, 07:14 AM

525 posts, read 900,150 times
Russell Simmons is a person who markets credit cards on tv. That is giving back to his peeps in the hood. Remember "easy credit rip off" is just what it means.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:22 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yesterday on Geraldo, Russell Simmons stated he is willing to pay more taxes but not if he has to pay more by himself, others have to pay more (meaning "rich" people)....

but than stated real quickly "otherwise I would rather give it to my charity"!!!

Very honest but what he stated means that he either will pay towards taxes OR to his charity, so he IS NOT WILLING TO PAY MORE IN TOTAL!!!!!!

That is what we have seen in Europe when taxes were raised, less charity money would be given and basically only the amount that was tax deductable for charity was what was given!

Obama better understand that part and listen carefully to his buddy Russell Simmons who probably doesn't have his clothing line made in the USA but overseas and I wonder how many employees he still have overhere....

Just another hypocrite but I have to give him some slack for flapping his gums a little too long during the interview because now I heard the real Simmons and he is not willing to let go of one dime more, just move some money meant for charity to the taxes!!!! Actually I'm not surprised!
It's the typical response we always get from libs. They sincerely believe that they should be paying more taxes, but they refuse to do so unless they are forced to do so.

Liberals are like a home owner is standing in his yard with knee high grass and weeds, shouting that everyone else should cut their grass. Oh, he would love to cut his grass, if only there was a law to make him do it.

The rub here, is that 0bama does not want Russell giving his money to his charity, 0bama thinks the government knows better where that money should go.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:53 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,519,462 times
Russell is the man

Old 10-10-2011, 08:02 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Russell Simmons is a person who markets credit cards on tv. That is giving back to his peeps in the hood. Remember "easy credit rip off" is just what it means.
Isn't it amazing? He doesn't want to pay taxes while he hawks his credit cards to black people and ripping them off at at 20% plus interest rate!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:23 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
These people are just wanting to ACT like they are willing to give more. His charity with his many write offs so he doesn't have to pay much in taxes in the first place. These people must think Americans are dumb. When you keep hiding your money in charity work, the less taxes you have to pay in the first place.........Simmons needs to get real.

Same with Warren Buffet, if these people want to help why not dump the money into an already existing school or something in the town for the children and the people to use. They "whine" it brings more attention.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Russel Simmons and the president Obama are buddies? Never knew that. Also dont' understand the point of this thread. He just stated his opinion, how does it have anything to do with anything. I guess any rich person now should be taken seriously versus those who are not as rich as them. Who cares what Russell Simmons says about anything.

Also, he doesn't have "credit cards" they are debit cards that people can put their paychecks on. I agree they are rip offs with their high fees but all the big banks are now charging fees for debit cards as well so they are no different from Russell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies