Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 03:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times

Advertisements

I'd liketo know where the bulets entered his body, from the front or from the back.

If they entered from the back that gives a whole lot of credence to what the son says.

If this man were hit in the back of the legs...just the thought of that makes my blood boil. I hate cowards!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 03:22 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,672,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't WORSHIP anyone or anythng. I do, however, have a lot of respect for any person who risks their life on a DAILY basis to keep me safe. This includes soldiers, firemen, and yes police.

I make no apologies for that.

20yrsinBranson
Why should anyone care who you have respect for? The issue is what level of respect is required of normal citizens of police officers so that they are not shot. I'd say this requirement should be the same respect given to a normal person.
Sorry I don't have a lot of respect for people who kill or think its ok to kill those who give them attitude. I don't make any apologies for that.

Last edited by jdm2008; 07-15-2011 at 03:30 PM..

Old 07-15-2011, 10:02 PM

455 posts, read 633,252 times
Quote:
I don't WORSHIP anyone or anythng. I do, however, have a lot of respect for any person who risks their life on a DAILY basis to keep me safe. This includes soldiers, firemen, and yes police.

I make no apologies for that.

20yrsinBranson
Thats a ridiculously biased statement that allows the gov't to get away with

over-reaching, its incredible, we've become a nation of sheeple !!

Old 07-16-2011, 01:30 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Justice has to happen before shooting, not after. Now it's too late. Whether the deputy was "attacked" or not, the fact remains that he killed a man. No "justice" can change that fact.

It would seem that we have too many cops wanting "to be a hero." Too many people with guns and quick tempers.

Peace,
brian
There is justice in such if it was a legitimate defense of life. The question is, was his actions of such a nature? To claim a person is wrong for defending themselves because it could or did result in the loss of life of the offender is to condemn all victims to death and support the crime of the offender.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:32 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yeah. Maybe he'll get punished with a couple weeks suspension with pay, and be bumped down to dispatch
Actually, if found guilty of an improper use of force in the situation, he will be brought up on the charges and be held to them to the fullest extent of the law.

An officer of the law, due to their obligation of such when found intentionally guilty of breaking a law does not get mitigating factors for a plea, they are charged with the maximum sentence as is required of all law officers who violate their oath and responsibility.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:01 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,672,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Actually, if found guilty of an improper use of force in the situation, he will be brought up on the charges and be held to them to the fullest extent of the law.

An officer of the law, due to their obligation of such when found intentionally guilty of breaking a law does not get mitigating factors for a plea, they are charged with the maximum sentence as is required of all law officers who violate their oath and responsibility.
dont hold your breath.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 AM

455 posts, read 633,252 times
The officer won't be prosecuted.This is what happens when people don't mind their own **** business, a simple trip to the corner store results in this.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Why should anyone care who you have respect for? The issue is what level of respect is required of normal citizens of police officers so that they are not shot. I'd say this requirement should be the same respect given to a normal person.
Sorry I don't have a lot of respect for people who kill or think its ok to kill those who give them attitude. I don't make any apologies for that.
and I hope you never have to demend on firefighters or cops to save your home, your life or your family. I too happen to have respect for anyone who puts his/her life on the line for me daily. Of course they are not all good guys and gals and some can be real Aholes, but I respect what they do for us.

If the police officer was wrong, he should be prosicuted, but none of us really know the whole story.

I don't like our President, but I respect the office he holds and his position.

Attitudes like yours make my blood boil.

Nita

Old 07-16-2011, 01:47 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
cops are getting out of control.

Old 07-16-2011, 02:32 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Black, white, green, pink, purple. I don't care. Attitude needs to be dealt with. Shooting is a damn good start IMHO.

20yrsinBranson
^^^Thanks for prooving my point^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies