Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
What does this have to do with the issue at hand?

I didnt make my comment a partisan comment. It is not left vs right or republican vs democrat. It is this mentality that is ruining America. As a society we need to reject this type of behavior regardless of who does it. Not justify it because you agree with their politics, or because someone else did something wrong.

Your argument is weak. Some people broke into my neighbors house a few weeks ago. Does that make it right if I break into a house because someone else did it? Nazi Germany committed a genocide. Will you be ok with the next genocide that occurs if they say, "Hey the Nazis did it 1942." How about if Exxon has a major oil spill can they say, "Well BP had one in 2010 so it is cool?" Is that the world you want to live in shiftymh?

Should we ignore that Newsmax is encouraging its companies to hack into phones of victims, government officials, investigators so they can get an inside scoop first. Even erasing evidence to get it? Should we ignore the fact they are turning news into entertainment and pitting people against each other to increase ratings? They are ruining not only America but every country they get a monopoly in.

They obviously dont care about the rule of law or governments. They are a force onto themselves. There was a James Bond movie where they actually a based off of Rupert Murdoch. He doesnt care about you. He doesnt care about your laws. He doesnt care about the dead. The only thing he cares about his increasing his control of the media.
I said they'd still be around. This is not a matter of right and wrong but a matter of what will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
How do any of you know Rupert Murdoch had anything to do with this? Let them investigate and see what comes of it. Many of you are so quick to attack and assume when you know nothing. Yet you completely ignore how our government gave guns to Mexican drug cartels. You completely ignore the stone walling being done by our DOJ.

Yet here you are, because Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News, having orgasms over this. He is going to testify, there will be an investigation. NOW, when will the investigation and testimony begin about Fast Furious?!?!?! Oh, that's right, you dont care about that. Because after all, it could implicate Holder, Obama, and other liberals. Gotch ya.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:30 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
How do any of you know Rupert Murdoch had anything to do with this? Let them investigate and see what comes of it. Many of you are so quick to attack and assume when you know nothing. Yet you completely ignore how our government gave guns to Mexican drug cartels. You completely ignore the stone walling being done by our DOJ.

Yet here you are, because Rupert Murdoch owns Fox News, having orgasms over this. He is going to testify, there will be an investigation. NOW, when will the investigation and testimony begin about Fast Furious?!?!?! Oh, that's right, you dont care about that. Because after all, it could implicate Holder, Obama, and other liberals. Gotch ya.
He already had to shut down "News of the World" in London... Rupert Murdoch is guilty of something...

Old 07-14-2011, 05:34 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I said they'd still be around. This is not a matter of right and wrong but a matter of what will happen.
Who will still be around? Newscorp? Maybe, what they did and what CBS are on slightly different levels. Newscorp is being charged with hacking phones around the world, bribing politicians, spying on law enforcement, controlling the media of several countries and using it to control the politics, etc. CBS, or rather one person at CBS used a forge document.

Newscorp is now under a microscope and I think we are going to continue to learn more shocking practices of them. As a company they might be done. However, it is not the end of Fox News, the WSJ, The Sun, and all their local brands. My guess is they will break apart and become independent to save themselves. They will no longer be centralized under one evil organization. It is for the best really. Dont worry you will still have Fox News, unless it turns out they did this to, but so far they seem to be in the clear.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:39 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
Who will still be around? Newscorp? Maybe, what they did and what CBS are on slightly different levels. Newscorp is being charged with hacking phones around the world, bribing politicians, spying on law enforcement, controlling the media of several countries and using it to control the politics, etc. CBS, or rather one person at CBS used a forge document.

Newscorp is now under a microscope and I think we are going to continue to learn more shocking practices of them. As a company they might be done. However, it is not the end of Fox News, the WSJ, The Sun, and all their local brands. My guess is they will break apart and become independent to save themselves. They will no longer be centralized under one evil organization. It is for the best really. Dont worry you will still have Fox News, unless it turns out they did this to, but so far they seem to be in the clear.
I mean the American entities (Fox News is the big issue here) will still be around. People from the Daily Kos to the Huffington post are already predicting and celebrating the end of Fox News for like the 10th time in the past few years.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Newscorp phone hacking scandal, and now the bribery scandal is no longer limited to News of the World. Newscrop as a whole engaged in this behavior across several different brands. The decision had to come from the top. So either Murdoch is incompetent in running his organization, which I doubt since he seems to be in control of things, or he was involved. Either way it is not good for him, and as the head of the organization it is up to him to answer for this behavior.

He tried to escape an inquiry and only agreed to talk after enormous pressure. He fired everyone from The News of The World, except for the people who were responsible for the hacking, because they know to much. He is in damage control. He has things to hide, and people he needs to keep quiet.

Also this has nothing to do with the guns to Mexican cartels. I agree it is a problem and needs to be investigated and those in charge need to be punished, but that is off topic right now, and shouldnt be used to justify Newscorps behavior. I hate people who try to justify a wrong by pointing to another unrelated wrong. I want to right the wrongs and not try to justify them.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Quote:
I mean the American entities (Fox News is the big issue here) will still be around. People from the Daily Kos to the Huffington post are already predicting and celebrating the end of Fox News for like the 10th time in the past few years.
It may get to the point where people will say "Enough is enough"... concerning FOX News biast spin journalism...

Old 07-14-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, it will still be around. As long as they didnt do anything illegal they should be fine. They are profitable on their own and dont need newscorp. They could just break away.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:50 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Newscorp phone hacking scandal, and now the bribery scandal is no longer limited to News of the World. Newscrop as a whole engaged in this behavior across several different brands. The decision had to come from the top. So either Murdoch is incompetent in running his organization, which I doubt since he seems to be in control of things, or he was involved. Either way it is not good for him, and as the head of the organization it is up to him to answer for this behavior.

He tried to escape an inquiry and only agreed to talk after enormous pressure. He fired everyone from The News of The World, except for the people who were responsible for the hacking, because they know to much. He is in damage control. He has things to hide, and people he needs to keep quiet.

Also this has nothing to do with the guns to Mexican cartels. I agree it is a problem and needs to be investigated and those in charge need to be punished, but that is off topic right now, and shouldnt be used to justify Newscorps behavior. I hate people who try to justify a wrong by pointing to another unrelated wrong. I want to right the wrongs and not try to justify them.
I have no problem with an investigation of Rupert Murdoch or the companies in question. If people did something wrong, I want them held accountable. I only mentioned the Fast Furious thing to show clear biased among so many. That hasnt gotten any coverage. And I too want that investigated. Yet without the media doing their jobs, those who are responsible will not feel any pressure. The investigation will be put off or not happen.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I have no problem with an investigation of Rupert Murdoch or the companies in question. If people did something wrong, I want them held accountable. I only mentioned the Fast Furious thing to show clear biased among so many. That hasnt gotten any coverage. And I too want that investigated. Yet without the media doing their jobs, those who are responsible will not feel any pressure. The investigation will be put off or not happen.
The media are not doing their jobs because people like Murdoch control it. The Guardian broke this story, which is mainly a UK paper. Some people from the US read it online, but mainstream America doesnt read it. The Guardian has broken several big scandals over the years and are a great paper, whether you agree with their views or not.

Breaking up Murdochs monopoly along with NBC's and CNN's would all be good stops to revive good journalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies