Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 10:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

This President leaves me with no hope at all.

You see since Obama has become our President, who ran on a campaign of Hope and Change yes we can, and has diluted so many very good friends and acquaintainces. With that catch phrase, because nothing about him, says good change at all.

In the short time that this Man has become our President, i know 15 very good loyal hard working Americans, who have lost their jobs. Most middleaged, and have been on their jobs some for over 25 years. You begin to think with that loyalty, and the number of years you have worked for one company, that your safe.
This has upset me very much people i know who live thruout the US have lost their jobs, and some also a home. It does not become reality to anyone, unless you know someone who is living the nitemare. And i do, too many, and it becomes depressing. You see inspite of what we are being told about jobs, where the hell are they. These people some a year later, have not found a job to replace the one that they had. Unfair you say, so do i, guess what these employess found out these loyal employess, that not one person is indispensible, that any one of you can lose your job at anytime, but don't expect an explanation, for some of these Men, they were let go.
So no while i remember quite well Obama's words over and over again in my head of a new era of Hope and Change, i want to cry. Seeing people that you love and even some you don't know that well, hurts like hell. So i ask you, what change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I like a President who just last week suggested that we should balance the budget through closing tax loopholes, cutting defense spending, and cutting needless waste in programs.

If it weren't for those darned Republicans, we'd have a balanced budget passed this week.
I'm laughing so hard it hurts. What a joke! Those "darned" Republicans agreed to raise the debt ceiling, if Obama would stop spending, and he said no.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This President leaves me with no hope at all.

You see since Obama has become our President, who ran on a campaign of Hope and Change yes we can, and has diluted so many very good friends and acquaintainces. With that catch phrase, because nothing about him, says good change at all.

In the short time that this Man has become our President, i know 15 very good loyal hard working Americans, who have lost their jobs. Most middleaged, and have been on their jobs some for over 25 years. You begin to think with that loyalty, and the number of years you have worked for one company, that your safe.
This has upset me very much people i know who live thruout the US have lost their jobs, and some also a home. It does not become reality to anyone, unless you know someone who is living the nitemare. And i do, too many, and it becomes depressing. You see inspite of what we are being told about jobs, where the hell are they. These people some a year later, have not found a job to replace the one that they had. Unfair you say, so do i, guess what these employess found out these loyal employess, that not one person is indispensible, that any one of you can lose your job at anytime, but don't expect an explanation, for some of these Men, they were let go.
So no while i remember quite well Obama's words over and over again in my head of a new era of Hope and Change, i want to cry. Seeing people that you love and even some you don't know that well, hurts like hell. So i ask you, what change?
I am one of those people that got hit with Obama's "change". And it sucks bad. I want it changed back. I want a job, I want my family to get there house back, I want to be able to pay for the things that we could afford, pre-Obama.I want my kids to not have to live in fear of already being in debt, and they aren't old enough to work yet.I want to know that someday, my hubby can retire. Instead of work until he is dead. In 2012, it is time for a real change.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I also like a President, who when he tells the American People he is going to bring to us great HOPE AND CHANGE, that he actually means it, not just saying a catch phrase, that sheeple buy into?

Think we are done, think agin, we are going to get worse as an economy, and some of you your biggest assets, your home, value, what value, it is going down, and may for at least 2 more years, what part of great change is that. Is this really an economy most of you consider good, because if you do, your not living in the real world.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:19 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage Member View Post
Strange how the POTUS refuses to support a balanced budget amendment if he is for a balanced budget. Maybe he is not telling the truth.
A balanced budget amendment is a stupid idea, even Reagans former advisors say so.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right...............

Now why in the world did not the democratic congress, which was in control for the previous four years, and Obama for two- balance the budget?

Answer- The dems are wed to massive spending programs in exchange for votes. When they have no entitlements left to offer, their political power is gone. The treat bag is empty and the libs are terrified of the future, which does not bode well for them.
Why didn't President Bush repeal his tax cuts and help the budget?

Remember, aren't Republicans the party of "blame the ones in power" for the problem?

Old 07-17-2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I'm laughing so hard it hurts. What a joke! Those "darned" Republicans agreed to raise the debt ceiling, if Obama would stop spending, and he said no.
And he said he would stop some spending, 83% of his suggested budget came from cuts in spending, with 17% in revenue increases from loop hole closings.

Yet Republicans still said no, and I think its going to be the ruin of the elephants chance to win next year.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:34 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
I like he was going to cut the national debt in half in his first term but has added Trillions more.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:41 AM

764 posts, read 597,344 times
You mean the housing market that crashed in 2008? Damn Senator Obama causing that!

Old 07-17-2011, 06:03 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I like a President who just last week suggested that we should balance the budget through closing tax loopholes, cutting defense spending, and cutting needless waste in programs.

If it weren't for those darned Republicans, we'd have a balanced budget passed this week.
A balanced budget? That's a joke, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies