Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:21 AM

629 posts, read 771,941 times

Advertisements

The Mosque in question is huge. Way beynond the needs of the current congregation. They will grow in numbers nad when they have the voting block they need will take control of local politics.

I have no problem with this, of course I dont live in Murfreesboro. As a religious conservative its exactly what we do. To bad we sat out the 2008 election. That wont be happening in 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
When your local market starts selling meats marked "halal", they've "converted" the infidel to eat meat butchered in the approved way.
Where I come from the food in all the markets has some labeled "Kosher for Passover". So I guess the Jews have converted Christian America, huh?

Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 AM

608 posts, read 1,346,840 times
Ok Tea Party people who love the Founding Fathers so much. What did the Founding Fathers have to say about our "christian country" and the relations between US and the Muslim World.....

Treaty of Tripoli 1796-1797

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved. John Adams, having seen the treaty, signed it and proudly proclaimed it to the Nation.

So there you have it, an official government document signed by one of our founding fathers, approved by our Senate claiming that the US is NOT a Christian nation and Muslims are really not bad people. Again not knowing your history is a dangerous thing. Our founding fathers for the most part were deists.
This is what the Founding Fathers were afraid of, stupid people in government.

Every child in America should be acquainted with his own country. He should read books that furnish him with ideas that will be useful to him in life and practice. As soon as he opens his lips, he should rehearse the history of his own country.
Noah Webster, On the Education of Youth in America, 1788

Last edited by arrgy; 07-17-2011 at 07:52 AM..

Old 07-17-2011, 07:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
I only see this as a problem if the mosque is a Wahabbi mosque. If it is, they need to be watched and hopefully kicked out of the country.

If it is a moderate or liberal mosque. All the power to them.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:35 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I only see this as a problem if the mosque is a Wahabbi mosque. If it is, they need to be watched and hopefully kicked out of the country.

If it is a moderate or liberal mosque. All the power to them.
I think the civil libertarians would disagree with you. We can't start examining religious beliefs to see if someone can build a house of worship.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I think the civil libertarians would disagree with you. We can't start examining religious beliefs to see if someone can build a house of worship.
Two things:

1) I am a civil libertarian.

2) Do you even know what Wahabbism is?

Old 07-17-2011, 08:54 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Ignore history at your peril folks!

Herman may have said it badly but, observing enclaves of mosque build's in other countries reveals their attendees practice Sharia law amongst themselves, regardless of whether your states legislature's approve or not.

You have only to look at other countries for the harbinger of what's to come with your 'live and let live' attitudes. Wrapping yourself in your "freedom of religion" documents is fine and dandy as long as every religion is a peace and love religion.

You've never had to deal with anything like this movement run amock with rabid Mullah's twisting and perverting the origional teachings to foment hatred or even just to perpetuate the subjugation of women.

Herman's no dummy and unlike the major portion of you, he has actually studied this religion and observed it up close and personal as an integral part of his military duties. Don't be too quick to write his assessment off just because the particular words he used don't jibe with your ill-informed sense of outrage.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:00 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Agreed but it needs to be nipped in the bud earlier up the food chain such as banning Muslim immigration. I was heartened to see a NY Time article this week that the USA is delaying issuing visas to Iraqis who provided some level of assistance to the US in Iraq. It shows they are beginning to see the threat even from purported allies.

However once you allow them in they have constitutional rights and you can't go around banning mosque construction.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:05 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
People who "love the constitution" probably should sit down and read it one day.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:39 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Freedom of speech means that we all have the opportunity to make ourselves appear foolish to our fellow man, and no one is above doing that on occasion. I praise the Lord for all our freedoms, and welcome the building of any religious monument, anywhere. As long as people see there is something greater than themselves it is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies