Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 11:38 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am not saying Obama should not get some blame, but it is not his problem alone, and everyone knows it. How about if we collaboratively solve this?
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 11:39 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
I watched Mitch McConnell on TV last night, and I was shocked by the scorched earth, deceitful style that passes for Republican Leadership these days. Obama owns this economy? What a lie. What is up with the blatant snowjobs and hypocrisy?

I find myself in agreement with David Frum, former Republican Honcho:

GOP wants Obama's unconditional surrender - CNN.com

Why are they more concerned with stonewalling than governing? Anyone with half a brain knows we are in a tight spot, and we need them to lead, not undermine the whole country. How is it that we have gotten here?

Discuss.
It is their true nature showing itself, Party over Nation, always has been always wll be.
Casper

Old 07-18-2011, 11:40 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Ever since obama has come to power his party has rammed things down other politicians throats, belligerence goes both ways.....

The only thing to discuss is why the American people put up with all these politicians and believe these opinionated media mouthpieces.........
You described the game perfectly, one party is in power and treads on the other party and then it reverses. Then that party does the exact same thing that they complained about when in the minority.

I can not answer why the people put up with our so called leaders but I do know that the people are getting the gvt that they deserve.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Republicans are taught arogance and irresponsibility in the crib. They only get worse as they get older.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Republicans are taught arogance and irresponsibility in the crib. They only get worse as they get older.
The in-depth rebutals to the OP here proves the point, it runs in the genes, or lack of a few.
Casper

Old 07-18-2011, 11:42 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
It is their true nature showing itself, Party over Nation, always has been always wll be.
Quote:
Psychological projection or projection bias is a psychological defense mechanism where a person subconsciously denies his or her own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, usually to other people. Thus, projection involves imagining or projecting the belief that others originate those feelings.[1]

Old 07-18-2011, 11:43 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
I watched Mitch McConnell on TV last night, and I was shocked by the scorched earth, deceitful style that passes for Republican Leadership these days. Obama owns this economy? What a lie. What is up with the blatant snowjobs and hypocrisy?

Why are they more concerned with stonewalling than governing? Anyone with half a brain knows we are in a tight spot, and we need them to lead, not undermine the whole country. How is it that we have gotten here?

Discuss.
This is pathetic. Dems get treated how they treat everybody else and claim foul. Simply pathetic. I guess what more can one expect. Same thing happens when a bully is punched in the nose. They're the first ones to go crying to the principal.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
They bascially just folowed the style that Obama has used snce elected. That is how politcs is when leader sets the tone. Remmeer that he more or less just shoved hthigs like ehatcare down peopel throats with no republican support and even resotig to the so callednuclear option in passing it.He bascially said that the republicans need to get use to it because elctions have conseqauences. He is now learnig that it woreks both ways.But eve his own party gave him zero votes on his budget and they have come out aginst his proposal on cuts or rethoric; which ever you prefer because like always he has no detailed plan.He say one thig o one day then his leadership in the senate says no way they will support that. One has to wander if he actauly works with his own leadship at all or is everythng he says just to be taken as rethoric.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:

Discuss.
you mean it isn't Obama's fault but for 2 plus years now we have listened to "it is all Bush's fault" I suppose that wasn't a lie...

Nita

Old 07-18-2011, 11:52 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I am not saying Obama should not get some blame, but it is not his problem alone, and everyone knows it. How about if we collaboratively solve this?

High speed rail and green energy not getting the job done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies