Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Allen West's comments?
Yes 63 58.33%
No 45 41.67%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 02:35 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am assuming she published the private email, which is not civil.
No. He CC'd a copy of his email to Congressional leaders as well as Politico.com. He's either a bozo, or he has a political death wish.

To those of you who are cheering West's comments, you should probably keep in mind that he's losing independents with his language, and if you'd like to see what happens to people like Allen West, I need only to refer you to the other Florida Congressman who couldn't control his mouth: Alan Grayson.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:37 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Sorry, but no honorable man that I know would do something like that. Maybe you just have low standards for these kind of things.
So women want to be treated just like men in the same situation except when they don't. Got it.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:42 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No. He CC'd a copy of his email to Congressional leaders as well as Politico.com. He's either a bozo, or he has a political death wish.

To those of you who are cheering West's comments, you should probably keep in mind that he's losing independents with his language, and if you'd like to see what happens to people like Allen West, I need only to refer you to the other Florida Congressman who couldn't control his mouth: Alan Grayson.
O.K. I said he was stupid when I thought she published it. I retract. My opinion now is that he is extremely stupid.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:23 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,187,726 times
And, in the House they are saying:

"House Democrats lined up to excoriate GOP Rep. Allen West on Wednesday after he sent an incendiary email to the Democratic party chairwoman calling her "vile" and "not a lady." The head of the Congressional Black Caucus told Fox News on Wednesday that members are "furious" about the incident, saying he's going to speak with the Florida Republican about the matter. Shortly afterward, several female lawmakers held a news conference, at which they called on West to apologize.

"His words were nothing more than personal attacks," Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., said, adding that she hopes House Speaker John Boehner "disavows" West's remarks. She said it is "very ladylike to speak up for the values that you believe in." Rep. Donna Edwards, D-Md., also released a statement saying she was "shocked" by the "disgraceful" email. "Instead of engaging constructively in that debate, Representative West chose to resort to unprofessional, vitriolic and offensive personal attacks -- shame on him," she said.

The lawmakers are urging House leaders to rebuke West, though West told Fox News that GOP leaders are "fine" with his actions. "
House Democrats Rip GOP Rep. West Over Email to Party Chairwoman - FoxNews.com

Old 07-20-2011, 03:36 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
More on this nutter:

Allen West’s Women Problem | ThinkProgress

Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In my experience, women who go by maiden-married name combinations are the biggest douch hags on the planet. I can't think of a single one that i've encountered that didn't deserve the same treatment that West gave this one. The narcissism usually translates into a sorry excuse for a woman, and i'm not sure why that is.

I can think of 4 right off the top of my head in the public arena:

1) Hillary Rodham Clinton
2) Theresa Heinz Kerry
3) Sheila Jackson Lee
4) Debbie Wasserman Shultz

Worthless. All of them. And there are MANY more just like them.

You are not qualified to fetch water for any of the people you mentioned.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM

I'd say alot of the anger in people like Cain, Keyes, West, etc., stems from the fact that, deep down, they know they are tools of white conservatives and that people of their own race can see through their transparent phoniness.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Thankfully most of the conservatives I know personally are not bigoted, racist and hateful as are many of the conservatives here on C-D.

I emailed a link to this thread to my brother...a conservative if there ever was one...and he could not believe some of the comments on this thread.

His reaction is the same as mine..."those people are not conservatives, they are mean, hateful, bigoted and racist people masquerading as conservatives".
Your brother needs to get his sarcasm meter checked.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You are not qualified to fetch water for any of the people you mentioned.
Who the hell would want to fetch water for anyone, let alone the ones listed. I dont care what some political position some people are. It doesnt make them any better than you or me or the rest of us. And you forget, these people work for us. They are SUPPOSE to be there to do the will of the American people, and good for America. It just so happens, the people he mentioned forgot that. They are doing their own thing, with their own agenda, and it certainly isnt for the betterment of America.

Again, I would NEVER fetch water for those clowns, but I sure as hell would love to splash some in their faces, in hope to wake them from their liberalism disorder.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'd say alot of the anger in people like Cain, Keyes, West, etc., stems from the fact that, deep down, they know they are tools of white conservatives and that people of their own race can see through their transparent phoniness.
Or the fact that they are smart enough to see the phoniness in how white Democrats (especially rich Jewish ones) think they know what's best for African-Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies