Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Allen West's comments?
Yes 63 58.33%
No 45 41.67%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He also says to her: "You are not a lady". Judging by his tirade, are we supposed to believe that Allen West is a gentleman?

Perhaps even more shocking is that some conservatives and Republicans are cheering him on. Is that really the type of behavior they want to see more of? It's uncivil, to put it mildly.

Allen West tirade: Wasserman Schultz 'vile...despicable...not a Lady' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
I caught some of the debates at the UK Parliment this morning over the Murdoch affair. Entertaining stuff and I think their lack of proper decorum might allow folks to blow off steam and get to the crux of matters. Wasserman should have directed her comments directly to West in his prescence and allowed him to respond.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:48 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I'm liking West more and more. It's time for Republicans to start calling these loud mouths out.

She was trying to distort the truth and he stood up to her. Good for him.
Really? What truth was she trying to distort?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If you think that honorable men act like that then our country is in more trouble then we know.
yes Col. West is a honorable man

wasserman is abusive..all he did was call her out on her abusivness

she was bashing him in 2010 too

enough is enough...she is a piece of crap

The only person from Florida more despicable than her is Grayson

Old 07-20-2011, 11:51 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes Col. West is a honorable man

wasserman is abusive..all he did was call her out on her abusivness

she was bashing him in 2010 too

enough is enough...she is a piece of crap
Sorry, but no honorable man that I know would do something like that. Maybe you just have low standards for these kind of things.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Thankfully most of the conservatives I know personally are not bigoted, racist and hateful as are many of the conservatives here on C-D.

I emailed a link to this thread to my brother...a conservative if there ever was one...and he could not believe some of the comments on this thread.

His reaction is the same as mine..."those people are not conservatives, they are mean, hateful, bigoted and racist people masquerading as conservatives".

Old 07-20-2011, 11:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
^^^^How DARE a black man not stay on your leftist plantation...
......and i ask again, how can someone who enjoys life as much as i do be on a plantation? And again, you won't be able to answer it.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The truth! West can't handle the truth!

Okay, seriously what did she say that wasn't true or distorted? Please explain.

BTW, he really didn't address or dispute anything she said, just acted like an eleven year old on the playground.

The TRUTH is that if changes aren't made these programs won't be available to anyone in the future. The TRUTH is that libs like this chick don't give a darn about anyone but themselves and her grandstanding but not having any ideas only proves that. The TRUTH is that a libs answer to any problem is to throw money at it to make themselves look like they are listening to the people. But they run into problems when there is no more money to throw around.

It's interesting that in a financial crisis the LIBS would decide that it's the elderly and military that shouldn't be paid. Not once would they look in the mirror and see that it is they that shouldn't be paid for failing to spend money wisely.

As far as West not addressing the dispute, IMO, she doesn't deserve that respect. It is dispicable that she is playing party politics when our country is falling apart. Who votes for these people that are all mouth and no ideas?

Old 07-20-2011, 12:11 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Sorry, but no honorable man that I know would do something like that. Maybe you just have low standards for these kind of things.

I suppose she should get a pass because she is female? Now that says a lot.

Or maybe it's because she's a lib. The libs sure do have a tough time when it comes to reprimanding their own. Ask Nancy.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:11 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
if you read between the lines, there is a lot of "I hate you *****" language in his email...the war between these two in Palm Beach and Broward Counties in Florida is very entertaining, but Wasserman-Schultz was correct....

how can West, who is supported by an overwhelming majority of retirees who are dependent upon social security and medicare, vote to take away a major lifeline of his consitiuents in "geritolville", aka, south florida? I seem to remember a number of these elderly tea party folks want hands off their socialized payments and health care, but cut out everything else.

furthermore, if West was packing heat, he probably would have pulled it out and shot at Wesserman-Schultz just like he did to the iraqi prisoner when he was "interogatting" him in iraq when he was in army

She makes a good point as long as you ignore the facts.

Obamacare slashed Medicare.

As for tax breaks for millionaires, their money isn't going anywhere. Let's see some sort of responsible behavior from the Democrats who increased spending by 30% in four years, quadrupled the deficit, ignored the Constitutional mandate to produce a budget and wasted nearly a trillion borrowed dollars on a "stimulus" package that failed to create jobs because it was mostly payola for Democrat's faithful supporters.

As for "socialized payments" these Tea Party mooches want, can they simply have back the money they involuntarily paid into FDR and LBJ's Ponzi schemes?

Should be no problem right?

Oh, and I can opt out too, right?

Yep, just give me back what you took from my paychecks and I'll be on my way.

I won't respond to the rest because it's desperately off topic.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:14 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I thought her remarks were pretty petty and she definitely had some animosity for him. But then then he one upped her in an unprofessional and immature response. With clowns like these and that stupid ignorant Sheila Jackson Lee who called all republicans racists, no wonder congress is viewed as a complete failure by the american people.

Now is that any way to talk about future President West?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies