Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 02:04 PM

96 posts, read 133,901 times

Advertisements

77 innocent people are dead, most of them teenagers. Several hundreds survived, but have been through events that are hard to comprehend. If I was a Christian I would spend my time praying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 02:10 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,622,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I am sorry the gunman did not write a 1500 page manifesto on the New York times. Additionally that manifesto has a giant templar cross on the cover and makes numerous references to crusading.
Surely you're aware he called himself an atheist, right?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You never read the column posted did you? You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
I read it.

I see you don't have a link to a NYT headline referring to the gunman as a "Christian".

Old 07-30-2011, 02:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,304,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Interesting that Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly(and a bunch of CityData posters) seem to be more outraged that some news reports called Breivik "a Christian" than by the fact that he commited two acts of terrorism that killed more than 80 people. Not even to bring up Glen Beck, who just seemed outraged that Norwegian youths shot were allowed to meet and discuss politics at a summer camp in the first place.

And yes I know the inevitable response--the Fort Hood shooter wasn't called Muslim enough times by the media. But it's just interesing how many pundits(and wannabe pundits) are just focusing their anger on the nature of the media coverage or even the victims(or even Muslims) rather than the fact that this sick lunatic committed an act of mass murder against innocent people.
It sounds to me like you failed to read the link. Maybe you should in order to know what the story was according to the author. Many more are like you and trying to argue against her without knowing what she said.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Ann Coulter?

Some people haven't tired of her yet?
Some people read links and then attack the messenger but it seems that some really are stuck on the practices taught by the old teacher of community organizers.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I thought that people grew tired of her shtick after she said that Christians are "perfected Jews," or her advocacy of banning women from voting.
I would have thought you would like those two stories and use them for your own good. Keep up the attack of the messenger as I told you to do in the OP.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Man, thank god for Ann Coulter, she has it figured all out. What would we be without her amazing political insight
How much of that link did you read? I'll bet old Saul would really be proud of you method of attacking the messenger without knowing word one of the message. Whoops, I forgot I did quote a bit of the message in the OP.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I imagine better off.
Another Alinskyite speaks his mind.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Some of you people are either functionally illiterate or didn't even read the linked article before posting. Its all about The Hypocrisy of the New York Times and its liberal mindset/agenda.
I knew most of those who are showing their lack of knowledge about the article would use the old Alinsky method of attacking the messenger without even knowing the message would let fly on this one. Of course, they haven't seen the article and have no idea what it is about other than the little bit I posted from it.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Coming from somebody who said "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building," I doubt there's any objective analysis in Ms. Coulter's latest screed here. She is an abhorrent troll who feasts on divisiveness, and her rants do not deserve serious analysis.
So you have to analyze everything you read? That tells me more than anything you have said lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies