Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Obama chooses who is prioritized for payment so if seniors don't get their social security money but Libyan insurgents or Brazilian companies drilling for oil, for example, do get financial support, that's his choice. He already pulled all of that money out of Medicare to pay for Obamacare.

Like everything else, I heard he tried to push this prioritization job off on Congress and they weren't buying it.

I think yesterday's press conference was Obama at his most petulant self. It was unbecoming. If he was truly interested in the debt problem, he (and the Senate Democrats) would have put his own plan on the table.
He went back after those filthy rich jet owners at the press conference and was sympathetic to the retired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 01:58 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,347,635 times
He doesn't "pick" on them he terrorizes them into supporting what they normally wouldn't out of fear.

The fools will defend him yet again on this though still.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:05 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,783,799 times
Why are some people not getting it! He isn't trying to hurt seniors or take money from them! He's making the point that the GOP needs to get their ass in gear and stop the tax breaks the rich and oil companies have been receiving. He's trying to stop the loopholes. He's trying to let people know what's really going on behind closed doors, jeez. If there were cameras in these meetings who is trying to take money from seniors and the poor....come on! He's a well educated person and knows these statements can hurt him at the polls but he wants people to "get it" and some people are so busy listening to pundits on cable news for their info. they just don't get it. The biggest mistake the president makes is he thinks a lot more people are well informed, see the big picture and have a clue. Unfortunately haters, ignorance, followers and people that don't take the time to educate themselves just keep spreading bad information and basically talking out of their ass.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:08 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,347,635 times
Oh yeah I forgot, he is also warning of babies starving in the streets because Republicans hate babies too.

Informing the public my butt!

I told you the fools would defend him yet again and it sure didn't take long either.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Why are some people not getting it! He isn't trying to hurt seniors or take money from them! He's making the point that the GOP needs to get their ass in gear and stop the tax breaks the rich and oil companies have been receiving. He's trying to stop the loopholes. He's trying to let people know what's really going on behind closed doors, jeez. If there were cameras in these meetings who is trying to take money from seniors and the poor....come on! He's a well educated person and knows these statements can hurt him at the polls but he wants people to "get it" and some people are so busy listening to pundits on cable news for their info. they just don't get it. The biggest mistake the president makes is he thinks a lot more people are well informed, see the big picture and have a clue. Unfortunately haters, ignorance, followers and people that don't take the time to educate themselves just keep spreading bad information and basically talking out of their ass.
There's no corporate tax law changes in proposals.
Stop the loopholes ? Why Schumer and Hagan..both D's in the Senate are pushing for a corporate "tax holiday" for these fat cats.

Did you know that ? How's that for closing loopholes ?
Country is drowing in debt and some Dems in the Senate want to give corporates tax breaks.
Corporates pay 7% on repatriated profits..what do they want 0% ?

Schumer Gives ‘Newfound Life’ to Tax Holiday Sought by Apple - Businessweek
"The lobbying campaign by Apple Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Duke Energy Corp. to allow companies to bring overseas profits to the U.S. at a low tax rate gained new traction after Senator Charles Schumer of New York signaled that Democrats might back the idea."

Old 07-23-2011, 02:34 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,783,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Oh yeah I forgot, he is also warning of babies starving in the streets because Republicans hate babies too.

Informing the public my butt!

I told you the fools would defend him yet again and it sure didn't take long either.
Huh? Sorry but that's a dumb response. Oh and I'm not trying to defend anyone, you know nothing about me or my political leanings. You are making assumptions which is excatly the problem. Keeping an open mind, educating yourself and stating the facts is what people should be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There's no corporate tax law changes in proposals.
Stop the loopholes ? Why Schumer and Hagan..both D's in the Senate are pushing for a corporate "tax holiday" for these fat cats.

Did you know that ? How's that for closing loopholes ?
Country is drowing in debt and some Dems in the Senate want to give corporates tax breaks.
Corporates pay 7% on repatriated profits..what do they want 0% ?

Schumer Gives ‘Newfound Life’ to Tax Holiday Sought by Apple - Businessweek
"The lobbying campaign by Apple Inc., Pfizer Inc. and Duke Energy Corp. to allow companies to bring overseas profits to the U.S. at a low tax rate gained new traction after Senator Charles Schumer of New York signaled that Democrats might back the idea."
I didn't read this whole thread but I think someone mentioned something about living under a rock? Nothing against TX by no means but I have a strange suspicion your opinions and quoted "facts"? have something to do with your political leanings rather than truths. I can search the internet also and find hundreds of quotes to dispute this but wouldn't waste my time. The facts are the facts and yesterday proved it. GOP has made it clear for yrs they don't care about the lower middle class and SS. This is not new, this is not a surprise, this doesn't require quotes.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So your solution is to shut the program off and make sure no one gets the funds back they paid in?

A+ solution!

That would be up to our King and Savior. There is 200 billion to pay for 29 billion for SS payments. That leaves enough to pay for Medicare, and the military, with enough left over for Congressional paychecks.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Huh? Sorry but that's a dumb response. Oh and I'm not trying to defend anyone, you know nothing about me or my political leanings. You are making assumptions which is excatly the problem. Keeping an open mind, educating yourself and stating the facts is what people should be doing.

I didn't read this whole thread but I think someone mentioned something about living under a rock? Nothing against TX by no means but I have a strange suspicion your opinions and quoted "facts"? have something to do with your political leanings rather than truths. I can search the internet also and find hundreds of quotes to dispute this but wouldn't waste my time. The facts are the facts and yesterday proved it. GOP has made it clear for yrs they don't care about the lower middle class and SS. This is not new, this is not a surprise, this doesn't require quotes.
Burying your head in the sand and ignoring what your party is doing and deflecting that I'm from TX and forming opinions does nothing to deter FACTS.

Bloomberg, Reuters, WSJ to name a few have all posted articles, not editorials on this. Go and research. Your party is cozying up to big business to give them tax breaks while the rest of us look at tax increases.

Schumer was even on Face the Nation and there's video.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:36 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,363,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thanks for the morning laugh. It wasn't Reagan's fault; it is Obama's fault. An odd civics lesson.
I was addressing the misconception about Reagan.

BTW - It is Obama's economy now.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I was addressing the misconception about Reagan.

BTW - It is Obama's economy now.
It's only Obama's when things are going well.
If they turn for the worse then it defaults back to Bush.

You should know that by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies