Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:03 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So now even liberal Democrats think this guy is too liberal

And it's not beyond any stretch of the imagination to think obama's extreme liberalism will not increase as the election grows nearer......

3-to-1 margin: Even Democrats think Obama
As a liberal Dem, your post made zero sense to me, so I read the link. The article is very poorly written, so I can understand how it happened, but you flat misunderstood the poll results.

The poll says 38% of the respondants think Obama is "too liberal", not 38% of liberals. The poll DOES say his support among liberals is declining, but NOT because they think he's TOO LIBERAL, FFS .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
So now even liberal Democrats think this guy is too liberal

And it's not beyond any stretch of the imagination to think obama's extreme liberalism will not increase as the election grows nearer......

3-to-1 margin: Even Democrats think Obama
Now that you've had time to think about it...do you apologize for this thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
No, obama help you

Ohhhhh, So you are making ASSumptions....

I gotcha...

I'll bet you defend a poll that sheds negativism on Republicans with as much vigor too.......
No, I'm reading the facts of the poll.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:05 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
As a liberal Dem, your post made zero sense to me, so I read the link. The article is very poorly written, so I can understand how it happened, but you flat misunderstood the poll results.

The poll says 38% of the respondants think Obama is "too liberal", not 38% of liberals. The poll DOES say his support among liberals is declining, but NOT because they think he's TOO LIBERAL, FFS .
Excuse me....

I didn't write the article, I didn't do the poll....

Here is the original CNN article
Quote:
CNN Poll: Drop in liberal support pushes Obama approval rating down
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...own/?hpt=hp_t2

You want to whine and complain????

Go here:

CNN.com - Contact Us

Old 07-26-2011, 03:06 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Yes, my CNN puppet-master....

I stand by what I posted earlier
Here Polly, have a cracker.

For everyone else, his puppetmaster ISN'T CNN...it's the hidden shadow behind the website that not just spun the CNN poll, it twisted it beyond recognition.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:07 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
This is the OP link to http://www.ihatethemedia.com.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times
If anything, I think Democrats feel that Obama has been to conservative.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Excuse me....

Go here:

CNN.com - Contact Us
Your blogger is the one that really misconstrued the poll; however, the CNN pollmaster was also a bit misleading when he strung his sentences together. All that said, that's the POINT of having your own brain and reading the poll data.

Do not always take it as gospel what your bloggers or CNN or FOX or MSNBC people spew. They are not gods. Read the actual poll responses before you buy into what some news organization is vomiting up.

Just because I called you out, you are immediately jumping on the bandwagon that I'm some delusional liberal when, in fact, you know nothing about me and my voting history.

What I dislike is misinformation on this board, on both sides, that is spewed daily. If I see a poll that clearly states something, you won't see me on a thread arguing about it. This poll was clear, the reporting on it was awful, and the gullibility on your side is kind of shameful. Well, not really--it happens, it's easy for it to happen. It's shameful that you won't admit that you were wrong and started a thread to brag on something that was incorrect.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Excuse me....

Here is the original CNN articleCNN Poll: Drop in liberal support pushes Obama approval rating down – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Go here:

CNN.com - Contact Us
Obama's support among liberals is declining because they do not think he is liberal enough...reading is fundamental.

From the article.

"Thirty-eight percent say they disapprove because President Obama has been too liberal, but 13 percent say they disapprove of Obama because he has not been liberal enough - nearly double what it was in May, when the question was last asked, and the first time that number has hit double digits in Obama's presidency."

In addition to reading skills math skills are also important. According to the article 71% of liberals approve of president Obama. As a result it is impossible for 38% of liberals to disapprove of Obama because he is to liberal. The reason being is that that number would add up to 109%, and that is before you include the 13% who think he is not liberal enough.

Simply put, the main focus of the article is to show that Obama's numbers are dropping in part because liberals think he is too conservative in the context of a larger overall presidential poll.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
This.

Obama being "too liberal" is a laughable concept.
Amen. If Obama's a liberal, that makes Nixon a liberal.

Good grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies