Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
2012 is going to be a hard reality check for you, enjoy
Casper

Really?

Can you name the last sitting president who won a second term with an ongoing war more than eight years and three months old?

Can you name the last sitting president who won a second term with a record breaking weak dollar?

Can you name the last sitting president who won a second term with unemployment over 7.2%?

Can you name the last sitting president who won a second term with the inflation adjusted price of gasoline over $2.50/gal?

Can you name the last sitting president who won a second term with the misery index above 11.25%?

That's a lot of history to make in one election. Given his 34% job approval rating among independents, I just don't see it happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 03:26 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You do know anyone with a brain can see that when a Democrat is getting his ass kicked, he then wants compromise. Should it be a wonder why this is the NEW catch word? After three years of uncompromising failure are they serious?

Big mistake to believe you can tell conservatives they can ride in the back of the bus without repercussions. He should have never said his would be the most transparent presidency in history - Just another Obamassive failure.
Americans polled wanted one thing time after time in the debt ceiling debate.

Compromise

It isn't what Democrats want, its what the American people as a whole wanted. Washington to find compromise between the two parties.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:40 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
"Tea Party Patriots To Unleash Brutal Political Revenge on Traitors"

Who decided that they are patriots?

Old 08-02-2011, 03:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"Tea Party Patriots To Unleash Brutal Political Revenge on Traitors"

Who decided that they are patriots?
I've always wondered the same thing. The name implies that no one else is a patriot.

Can't libertarians be patriots? Conservatives? Even Liberals?

Old 08-02-2011, 05:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Americans polled wanted one thing time after time in the debt ceiling debate.

Compromise

It isn't what Democrats want, its what the American people as a whole wanted. Washington to find compromise between the two parties.
That pole must have been taken in urban areas, huh?

Funny, I thought we wanted them to stop spending our money like drunken sailors. It IS THE DEMs that seem to think this means compromise. Again, compromise is just this weeks fad word. Last month it was "draconian", next month it'll be "reasonable", next year it'll be "lame duck".

This President is going to finally concentrate on job growth. That would mean something if it wasn't the 27th time he's promised to make it his main goal.

The time for talking is long past.

Quote:
I've always wondered the same thing. The name implies that no one else is a patriot.

Can't libertarians be patriots? Conservatives? Even Liberals?
I'd like to believe that we are all patriots. We have a lot of people in these threads that aren't from the US, so we end up with a duck soup of viewpoints. European press has decided that Tea Party people are terrorists. Now the VP and main scream have picked up on it and are making asses of themselves. This Euro-socio influence is trying, and failing, to hijack public opinion. It's fine in meaningless forums (makes them feel all warm and fuzzy), but for the people who live here, I hope it's the extreme fringe playing these word games.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-02-2011 at 05:24 PM..

Old 08-02-2011, 05:30 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Quick story.

I've had coons getting into my trash for weeks now. I tried the live and let live approach, but after picking up their mess I got tired of it. I went outside with some bird shot and blasted that sob. When I shot it the first time, it didn't kill it, just rolled around gnarling its teeth, making a lot of noise, growling, etc. I then walked closer, took better aim since it wasn't moving, and finished the job.

TEA party members kept knocking the Republican trash can over during this debate. So a super committee was passed to circumvent them and marginalize them. Essentially this was their first shot.

This post above, and all of the "how could you" posts over the next few days is nothing more then the gnarling of teeth, making a lot of noise, and growling before Boehner and the Republican regulars, along with Democratic allies take a second shot and finish the job.

The TEA party is dead, and they know it, so they are going to scream bloody murder, but no one is listening, they aren't coming to your rescue, only 4% of Americans support your "movement" now, and you're done.

Next time, try compromise, you catch more flies with honey.
Excellent!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:34 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Quick story.

I've had coons getting into my trash for weeks now. I tried the live and let live approach, but after picking up their mess I got tired of it. I went outside with some bird shot and blasted that sob. When I shot it the first time, it didn't kill it, just rolled around gnarling its teeth, making a lot of noise, growling, etc. I then walked closer, took better aim since it wasn't moving, and finished the job.

TEA party members kept knocking the Republican trash can over during this debate. So a super committee was passed to circumvent them and marginalize them. Essentially this was their first shot.

This post above, and all of the "how could you" posts over the next few days is nothing more then the gnarling of teeth, making a lot of noise, and growling before Boehner and the Republican regulars, along with Democratic allies take a second shot and finish the job.

The TEA party is dead, and they know it, so they are going to scream bloody murder, but no one is listening, they aren't coming to your rescue, only 4% of Americans support your "movement" now, and you're done.

Next time, try compromise, you catch more flies with honey.
Take that tea party!

Old 08-02-2011, 07:22 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Did you not watch the video or do you not know Obama lifted the ban on tax payer dollars being used for abortion in foreign nations?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...50M3PQ20090123

If you are going to attempt to mock others, at least have your facts straight.

There is a reason Obama has a 34% approval rating among independent voters. They are disgusted with this sort of gutter politics from both parties and Obama has mastered the science of sleaze.

Last edited by momonkey; 08-02-2011 at 07:32 PM..

Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Tea Party Defectors Targeted (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/8415-tea-party-defectors-targeted - broken link)

When you cross the Tea Party...you better start filling out job applications!

Bart Stupak was getting plenty of death threats and feared for his life, you a-hole-of-a-journalist!!....

Old 08-03-2011, 08:14 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The diffrence is they only showed up because the president is black. what parts did you agree with him on?
Apologies that I was so slow in responding. Getting a lil crazy around here.

Things I would agree with him on:
1.) The race card does get played far too often in this country.
2.) Political correctness has definitely gotten way out of hand.
3.) Every other minority that has come to America has succeeded. For the most part this is true. There are two groups who have been stuck in poverty for generations: Blacks and Native Americans. I would venture to say that the social programs that gives both groups everything they need to live -- and giving it to them for nothing -- is doing them a tremendous disservice. Everyone else has pulled themselves up and made something of themselves, often against all odds and in the face of tremendous prejudice. Jews, Mormons, Chinese, Japanese, Europeans, etc. Most came to the USA with nothing, worked hard and made something of themselves.
4.) Billions of dollars in fraud occurs every year to keep lifetime welfare recipiants on welfare. This is NOT unique to blacks, but spread across all races. But he is right that it is happening and that it should be stopped.

1.) The bit about deporting all Muslims far and away the most idiotic thing he said. That bit is clear evidence that this guy is a very special type of stupid. (I honestly thought it was a joke for the next several minutes after he said that because I didn't think any sane American would ever suggest such a thing.)
2.) The bit about blacks causing more crime, bla, bla, bla, is flat out untrue. No idea where he's getting his information.
3.) Not wanting black people to vote is definitely the second stupidest thing he said. He has a point ... sorta. There are a lot of black people who vote Democrat purely because they always have and always will, as will their children and their children's children. The problem with his statement is that there are white Democrats who do the same thing. There are Republicans who do the same thing. There are sheeple all over this land, so you can hardly condemn one group of mindless drones in preference for another. But yes, I would love to find a way to get people to think for themselves in this country.

It's ridiculously obvious that this guy is a racist, but somehow just doesn't realize it. Throughout the video I had the hardest figuring out if the guy was just making a tongue-in-cheek big joke similar to A Modest Proposal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

I'm not a Tea Party guy, but I'm intrigued by what they've managed to accomplish. This idiot is a prime example of something that could ruin their political movement. Ever since the Democrats "betrayed" racist America with the Civil Rights movement, they've been looking for another political party to call home. The Republican Party puts up with them ... barely ... but they are not really able to push white supremacist agenda in the GOP. They are mostly just ignored and they know they're being igonored. Then along comes the Tea Party, which is mostly just a thrown together collection of disaffected Americans. The white supremacist folks seem to be trying to take over the Tea Party so they can spout their racist propaghanda on a bigger stage. Racism is not the basis of what the Tea Party was always about but these sorts of idiots can cause others to lose sight of that. From what I've seen, the Tea Party does what the Republicans do: Ignore them.

If any Tea Party Republican introduces racially discriminatory legislation, I'll be happy to admit that I'm wrong on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies