Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:53 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,372 times

Advertisements

Is there any way we can change the thread title now that we've established that any top ten list of most dangerous cities in the world that's not made up almost exclusively of war zones is pretty useless? There is an interesting discussion going on here that I'm enjoying reading about crime rates in America, but the title seems to be over the top and less than accurate.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:01 PM

313 posts, read 284,778 times
Third World Demographics = Third World City.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:29 PM

954 posts, read 1,281,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Ciudad Juarez and Tijuana have homicide rates that put Detroit to shame. Latinos have very high homicide rates when drugs are involved, much much higher than blacks actually.
Sure, but the homicide rate for Latinos as a whole is much, much lower in the U.S.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Sure, but the homicide rate for Latinos as a whole is much, much lower in the U.S.
Homicide rates for "latinos" in the central states of Mexico are low. Guadalajara, Puebla, Guanajuato, and the southern states of Oaxaca, Chiapas have lower rates than "latinos" in the USA anywhere. The whole OP article is a fraud, Detroit does not have homicide rates higher than the top ten cities worldwide. It's probably not even as bad as Los Angeles or Phoenix anymore.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:56 PM

954 posts, read 1,281,133 times
Quote:
Homicide rates for "latinos" in the central states of Mexico are low. Guadalajara, Puebla, Guanajuato, and the southern states of Oaxaca, Chiapas have lower rates than "latinos" in the USA anywhere. The whole OP article is a fraud, Detroit does not have homicide rates higher than the top ten cities worldwide. It's probably not even as bad as Los Angeles or Phoenix anymore.
Well, according to wikipedia, Detroit has a violent crime rate that's about 325% higher than Los Angeles.

Many parts of Mexico that are unaffected by the drug trade are very safe, yes.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:34 PM

785 posts, read 619,481 times
Quote:
Example:

Dickinson PD Most Wanted

Out of the half that are classified as "white" four of them could have just stepped out of a college financial aid getting free tuition based on "race".

Exact same thing here:

http://www.gptx.org/Modules/ShowDocu...ocumentid=1605

Race can be very arbitrary.
Yes, race can be arbitrary, so you proved my point for me! they are classified as "white" even if they can be considered latin. Did you even realize you proved my point for me?!

Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Calling a lot of Mexicans, Centro-Americans, Peruvians or etc. White shows we can't deal with the TRUTH. They have far more native American blood than nearly all White Americans and their ancestors beat us to the Americas by a number of millenia. To them we are the uninvited strangers who carried out one of histories great genocides and stole their world from them.
My entire post went over my head. My poiint is that many Latins are called whites to lessen the impact of the truth on the Liberal narrative that whites really DO have lower rates of violent crime than other racial groups. Of course its absurd to call Mexicans, Centro-Americans, etc, pure White. Did you even realize you are proving my point for me? Or are you too brainwashed by your own rush to the race card mindset that you can't see that? Apparently the latter, because in front of everyone here, you fell for it. Opps on that, right?

Anyway, no, we didn't steal their land. They lost it in a war. Sorry friend, you need to drop your racist racial grudge.

I'm here to help though, so just reach out if you want to continue the dialogue, ok?

Old 08-06-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
My entire post went over your head. My poiint is that many Latins are called whites to lessen the impact of the truth on the Liberal narrative that whites really DO have lower rates of violent crime than other racial groups. Of course its absurd to call Mexicans, Centro-Americans, etc, pure White. Did you even realize you are proving my point for me? Or are you too brainwashed by your own rush to the race card mindset that you can't see that? Apparently the latter, because in front of everyone here, you fell for it. Opps on that, right?

Anyway, no, we didn't steal their land. They lost it in a war. Sorry friend, you need to drop your racist racial grudge.

I'm here to help though, so just reach out if you want to continue the dialogue, ok?
My entire post went over your head I meant.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:11 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times
Can't fix neighborhoods (inner cities) or the people who live in them if they don't want to be fixed..

That's why I left.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:19 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Can't fix neighborhoods (inner cities) or the people who live in them if they don't want to be fixed..

That's why I left.
Think about it: Why should they? They (generally speaking, as always) do nothing, hold their hand out, and have everything and them some given to them.

Why should they bother fixing themselves when we make it so much easier?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies