Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Lousy grades? As compared to whose? He took a heavy load of incredibly difficult courses while also attending ROTC. Then he joined the military to quickly accel to Captain.
They are doing exactly what they did to Ron Paul, demagogue him because he has some nutty followers. So what? He is an inclusive Christian, we could certainly use someone of moral character leading this country, for a change. Democraps lead us to quicksand.
Why don't we change the National Anthem to "Onward Christian Soldiers"? Perry and his band of self proclaimed apostles and prophets want a Theocracy and it does not put you off? Sad.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:33 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why don't we change the National Anthem to "Onward Christian Soldiers"? Perry and his band of self proclaimed apostles and prophets want a Theocracy and it does not put you off? Sad.
Nobody wants a theocracy. There are some Progressives that want a dictatorship, but nobody wants a theocracy.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I am not going to argue with you. I have dealt with your "arguments" in AGW threads where the evidence was entirely verifiable and watched you excuse, twist, spin, etc...

You are good at propaganda, nothing more.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Same was with Palin. Libel and slander anything and everything in any context that helps you to drive fear into the people to cause them to ignore the policies a candidate presents in order to promote pointless positions.

This is what got us into trouble last time. We focused on the hype and ignored the details of the issues. When people were saying "look at Obama's record, look at his experience, look at his direct statements concerning the policies and how he conflicts with them now!", people were going off about how hansom he is, how well he speaks and how old McCain was and making up claims of Palin being a prostitute.

Seriously, if you people vote more trash in again. You get what you deserve.
I thought this thread was about Perry and his Reverend Problems. If you want to complain about Obama contact sanrene she has at least three a day

Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Is Rick Perry's army going to be as well funded and equipped as Obama's Civilian Army that he spoke about?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:17 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but I also mourn the loss of Christian values in this country. I will not board the anti-christian train.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:23 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Another Texas Governor with a "calling from God" to run for POTUS. Sounds like a rerun.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but I also mourn the loss of Christian values in this country. I will not board the anti-christian train.
I do not care who practices Christianity or not, but that is not what this thread is about. If you are a Ron Paul supporter, I can see why...

Ron Paul further complained in that speech that the government ought not to be blocked from establishing official prayers in schools and at public events, and promoting the Old Testament as the source of American law in courthouses through the exclusive display of the Ten Commandments. In doing so, Ron Paul sided with radical right wing Christian zealots who seek theocracy, like Judge Roy Moore from Alabama.

The separation of Church and State is not, as Ron Paul claims, infamous. It is celebrated by those who truly cherish liberty. The separation of Church and State has been invaluable in protecting the citizens of the United States of America from the establishment of a tyrannical theocracy of the sort envisioned by many of Ron Paul's Republican political allies.

Ron Paul Opposes Separation of Church And State

Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Really? What Christian 'values' has the country allegedly lost and when did it have them to start with?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:33 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
I cannot recall Obama calling on any fanatic, zealous religious leader or group to advance him in his race for office. I also cannot recall Obama having a religious agenda to run the nation.
I do recall Obama hosting a dinner for muslims to celebrate Ramadan. Not a word from the Libs. Obama ignored Easter. Again. Not a word from the Libs.

Liberals are so predictably hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies