Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 05:54 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,053,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Another "fact" wrong. SEAL team 6 is made of many more SEALS then the ones involved in this mission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
SEALs killed in Afghan crash on rescue mission - USATODAY.com

The rescue team had completed the mission, subduing the attackers who had the Rangers pinned down, and was departing in a Chinook helicopter when the aircraft was apparently hit, one of the officials said.

Thirty Americans and eight Afghans were killed in the crash, making it the deadliest single loss for U.S. forces in the decade-long war in Afghanistan.

Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan Reportedly Kills Members Of SEAL Team 6 | FoxNews.com

Insurgents shot down a U.S. military helicopter during fighting in eastern Afghanistan, killing 30 Americans, most of them belonging to the same elite unit as the Navy SEALs who killed former Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden, U.S. officials said Saturday. It was the deadliest single loss for American forces in the decade-old war against the Taliban.

Read more: Helicopter Crash In Afghanistan Reportedly Kills Members Of SEAL Team 6 | FoxNews.com

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Arthur Schopenhauer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 06:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,776,301 times
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen... we now have a defeated individual... caught making an inaccurate post about the heroes of SEAL Team 6... thereby dishonoring them... He is now at Stage 3 but he cannot afford to admit it at this juncture...

Link to SEAL Team 6?... I guess it won't happen...

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Arthur Schopenhauer
Huh? Defeated. I asked a simple question, which blows apart your theory, and you get all emotional.

Originally Posted by shorebaby
It's interesting you say of course it was a lobby explosion that caused her to run down the stairs. I would be most interested in hearing or reading anything from her that supports this contention.

Who knew conspiracy theorists were so fragile.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Huh? Defeated. I asked a simple question, which blows apart your theory, and you get all emotional.

Originally Posted by shorebaby
It's interesting you say of course it was a lobby explosion that caused her to run down the stairs. I would be most interested in hearing or reading anything from her that supports this contention.

Who knew condpiracy theorists were do fragile.
Quote:

Explosions before planes hit WTC 911 9/11 - YouTube

ABC-TV news reporter: The ladies that are with me were in The World Trade Center in the 1st building and escaped through the lobby where they report... They believe there was a bomb in the lobby...

1st woman: We ran down the steps... To the lobby... there was no lobby... Everything was torn up... and even the turnstile was burnt and it was sticking up... and they just told us to run...

2nd woman: My boss ran out of the office... he said one thing... Run... Everybody just ran... and we ran down the stairs... (they) told us to come back up the stairs... and we were like... "Come back up the stairs?... Are you crazy?"...
So we continued down the stairs... We came outside in the lobby... There was no lobby... The lobby was totally gone...

ABC-TV news reporter: Did you see other people?...

2nd woman: People... There was a woman there with her face blown off...
And as we were coming out... We passed the lobby... there was no lobby... So I believe the bomb hit the lobby first... and a couple of seconds then the first plane hit...

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Old 08-22-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:

- Arthur Schopenhauer
I may be missing it, but where does the woman say what made her run down the stairs? Perhaps you see something I don't.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
I may be missing it, but where does the woman say what made her run down the stairs? Perhaps you see something I don't.

2nd woman: My boss ran out of the office... he said one thing... Run... Everybody just ran... and we ran down the stairs... (they) told us to come back up the stairs... and we were like... "Come back up the stairs?... Are you crazy?"...
So we continued down the stairs... We came outside in the lobby... There was no lobby... The lobby was totally gone...

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Old 08-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen... we now have a defeated individual... caught making an inaccurate post about the heroes of SEAL Team 6... thereby dishonoring them... He is now at Stage 3 but he cannot afford to admit it at this juncture...

Link to SEAL Team 6?... I guess it won't happen...

- Arthur Schopenhauer
I think you need to switch to decaf.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/wo...eals.html?_r=1

"It is classified, but Team 6, is thought to have doubled To nearly 300 since then."

I'll accept your apology anytime.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:

2nd woman: My boss ran out of the office... he said one thing... Run... Everybody just ran... and we ran down the stairs... (they) told us to come back up the stairs... and we were like... "Come back upe the stairs?... Are you crazy?"...

- Arthur Schopenhauer

What are you seeing that I am not? I do not see one word, in what you have isolated, that tells us what caused her boss to say run.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I think you need to switch to decaf.

"It is classified, but Team 6, is thought to have doubled To nearly 300 since then."

I'll accept your apology anytime.

From your link:

There were 79 people on the assault team that killed Osama bin Laden, but in the end, the success of the mission turned on some two dozen men who landed inside the Qaeda leader’s compound, made their way to his bedroom and shot him at close range —

So... tell everyone... How many is two dozen?... Was that SEAL Team 6?...

Link to SEAL Team 6?... I guess it still won't happen...

I see you have relapsed and reverted back to Stage 2...

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Old 08-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:

- Arthur Schopenhauer
Quote:
What are you seeing that I am not? I do not see one word, in what you have isolated, that tells us what caused her boss to say run.

Oh... I see... Her boss told his entire office to run for no reason... and coincidentally... they run downstairs to find that the entire lobby was completely detroyed... BEFORE... the plane hit the building...

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Old 08-22-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
From your link:

There were 79 people on the assault team that killed Osama bin Laden, but in the end, the success of the mission turned on some two dozen men who landed inside the Qaeda leader’s compound, made their way to his bedroom and shot him at close range —

So... tell everyone... How many is two dozen?... Was that SEAL Team 6?...

Link to SEAL Team 6?... I guess it still won't happen...

I see you have relapsed and reverted back to Stage 2...

- Arthur Schopenhauer
Ok, here is what you clearly don't get. Seal Team 6 is made up of about 300 members. Of those 300 members, 24 took part in the Bin Laden operation.

Is the NY Times not good enough for you? Here it is again.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies