Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:54 PM

32,820 posts, read 19,518,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
then he MUST be FOR getting rid of those ridiculous $1000 child tax credits that Bush pushed through to make his base happy.
most of the 'bush' tax cuts/credits were for the poor and middleclass to begin with
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,851,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually you could lower the rate of EVERYONE (and eliminate many of the loopholes) and you would bring more money in

the problem is 50% arent paying their fair share

EVERYONE should be paying the same FAIR and UQUAL rate

unequal rates is DISCRIMINATION

if you are going to tax income (really a stupid idea) then a flat rate of 10-15% for ALL income from ALL , would bring in more money than what our current system brings in...but liberals dont want to give up the classwarfare

better yet would be a tax on spending..a consumption tax instead of an income tax (since a majority of income is NEVER REPORTED)

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation ....................read it... research it... it would work
Good post! I wish we would end the IRS!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:56 PM

32,820 posts, read 19,518,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The Tea Party wants to eliminate the IRS. They have debated the Fair Tax and the Flat Tax and are still undecided, but it looks like many are leaning toward a Flat Tax.
the fairtax (a tax on spending) would be better, since a majority of income is never reported

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation .....read about it...research it.. give it a look....it would work

Old 08-15-2011, 10:56 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,318,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Doesn't the tea party complain that Americans pay too much in taxes?

Rick Perry: Tax the Poor! | Truthout
Here we go. The Globalist, Bildeberg, bought and paid for Presidential candidate trying to stir up his half of the brainwashed sheeple.

Here's an exchnage from another thread: Been over this.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/19777683-post100.html
Originally Posted by Flize
They give more than 49% of Americans (yes, 49% of Americans don't pay income taxes)

From me CK78
Everybody pays taxes. What do you think a profit is? How does WaWa, Outback Steakhouse, Mc Donalds etc... stay in business? Do these businesses make a profit? Are they profitable? Do they pay commercial Real Estate/Property Taxes? Payrole Taxes, SS taxes etc...

Sure they do?

And yet they're highly profitable?

So where do they get the monet to operate and make HUGE profits?

From you me and the other 99% of the population.

All costs and enough to make a profit are passed down to the consumers.

Those who don't own capital infrastrucure and businesses end up in the end paying for almost everything.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/20472820-post215.html

Originally Posted by CK78
Everybody pays taxes. What do you think a profit is? How does WaWa, Outback Steakhouse, Mc Donalds etc... stay in business? Do these businesses make a profit? Are they profitable? Do they pay commercial Real Estate/Property Taxes? Payrole Taxes, SS taxes etc...

Originally Posted by pghquest
I'm sorry but you are flat out wrong.. You making a profit by selling me a product doesnt equate to me paying a tax.. I pay for the product, not the tax

EXACTLY!

OK genius. So, you own an Outback Steakhouse. You only pay for the product. This is exactly what you're saying, you ONLY pay for the product not the tax.

So you have a manager, waitresses, bartender, janitor etc...

You get a propert Tax/Commercial Real Estate Tax bill, Payrole Tax, SS Tax, Insurance for liability, heating bill, electric bill etc...

So I walk into your restraunt, order a steak dinner, a beer and iced tea.

So you're telling me I only pay the price you paid for the steak, potatoe, and drinks and nothing more.

Why do you even have the business then? How in the world do you pay your staff, heating bill, electric bill, property tax?

You're telling me you break even every year and dip into your own pocket to pay your expenses?

The stupidity and GENEROSITY is astounding, very altruistic, makes me warm on the inside. Only I'm betting your not that kind of guy and neither are any other human beings I know. Maybe 1% of humaminy (being generous) would operate like you do.

Truly, you're a special guy!
(By the way replace Outback with any other business and product.)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/20050837-post166.html
Originally Posted by Flize
They give more than 49% of Americans (yes, 49% of Americans don't pay income taxes)

And last from GuyNTexas:

You know ... this keeps being repeated so much, I guess that's why so many believe this nonsense. And I know most who make these claims will tell you that THEY pay taxes ... it's just all of those other guys who are not. But I take great issue with such claims as you present them .... i.e. "49% of Americans" insinuating individual persons. It's just not true.

If you have a job, and you are being paid by an employer ... you are paying income taxes because it's deducted up front, right out of that paycheck. Now, if you're annual rate of pay, and your legal deductions eliminate all income tax liability at the end of the year, and you are refunded all that was originally taken ... you're probably not making very much money .... and you're still paying something, because that money that was taken up front has value too ... and someone else (the government) received that benefit of holding that money prior to it being returned to you.

But more importantly ... taxes in general should be the topic of discussion ... and from an overall taxation perspective, it's irrelevant as to whether those taxes are taken as "income" or "outgo" taxes ... the bottom line is that MOST Americans are heavily taxed in one form or another, and I've got news for you ... anyone not living in a tent in the woods, eating wild roots to survive ... pay taxes to Uncle Sam.

If you drive a car ... you are paying several taxes .... taxes on gas, taxes on tires, on batteries, etc. The car itself had Federal taxes applied and passed on to you in the cost of that car. If you have a phone ... you pay federal taxes ... that's part of the reason your $49 phone bill ends up being $69.38 (quite a difference .... about 30%). If you use electricity, you pay federal taxes .... if you drink a beer or smoke a cigarette you pay federal taxes .... if you brush your freaking teeth ... you're paying federal taxes.

And one of the biggest taxes nobody even mentions is the tax they don't even know they are having stolen from them ... the "inflation tax". With several Trillion dollars created over just the past 10 years, EVERY DOLLAR you have earned and saved for your entire life has just been taxed by roughly 50% ... which represents the devaluation of the dollar and loss of purchasing power of that money.

And what is your response to this? Please give me more!!! I want more taxes taken from me .... more more!!! Please give me a carbon tax (taxing the air you breathe) .... raise my income taxes ...

‪Tim Geithner Tax Cheat - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Taxman‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-16-2011, 02:22 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,500,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
We in the Tea Party complain that only a small number of Americans are taxed enough already, we pay more than our fair share while many (almost half) pay no income taxes at all. This is a horrible attempt at spinning a very simple concept since it would be quite difficult for anyone with a brain to claim that those who pay no income taxes are taxed enough already. Logic and liberalism are like oil and water.

How much income tax should a minimum wage burger flipper pay?

Hint: The income tax they pay is greater than zero.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
the fairtax (a tax on spending) would be better, since a majority of income is never reported

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation .....read about it...research it.. give it a look....it would work

the fairtax redistributes income from renters to homeowners.

under the fairtax, when a renter and a homeowner have equal spending, the renter pays more tax than the homeowner and also enjoys less consumption.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Good post! I wish we would end the IRS!

ending the irs merely makes your state tax collector the new irs.

meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:29 AM

Quote:
most of the 'bush' tax cuts/credits were for the poor and middleclass to begin with

the expanded child tax credits were proposed only for the middle class; liberals demanded they be extended also to the poor.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
We in the Tea Party complain that only a small number of Americans are taxed enough already, we pay more than our fair share while many (almost half) pay no income taxes at all. This is a horrible attempt at spinning a very simple concept since it would be quite difficult for anyone with a brain to claim that those who pay no income taxes are taxed enough already. Logic and liberalism are like oil and water.

So the Tea Party is comprised of a small minority of Americans?

Old 08-16-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
actually you could lower the rate of EVERYONE (and eliminate many of the loopholes) and you would bring more money in

the problem is 50% arent paying their fair share

EVERYONE(those earning) should be paying the same FAIR and EQUAL rate

unequal rates is DISCRIMINATION

if you are going to tax income (really a stupid idea) then a flat rate of 10-15% for ALL income from ALL , would bring in more money than what our current system brings in...but liberals dont want to give up the classwarfare

better yet would be a tax on spending..a consumption tax instead of an income tax (since a majority of income is NEVER REPORTED)

Americans For Fair Taxation: Americans For Fair Taxation ....................read it... research it... it would work

Because consumers have unequal access to better prices, a consumption tax would merely redistribute income from those who pay high prices to those who pay low prices.

I buy and sell things (in a niche market) regularly, and it's obvious how easy it is to not report income, but I can also see how easy it is to avoid a consumption tax. Let's say I buy something for $10 cash and sell it for $20 cash. What tax collector is going to know whether I am reporting that sale (and the ensuing remittance of the sales tax) accurately? I deal mostly with repeat customers, so if I were dishonest I could underreport sales to them and accurately report sales to new customers (because to cover my rear I must consider the possibility their purchase might be a sting to catch tax cheats).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies