Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
You need food to live so I can support some form of government aid like food stamps. Having children is not a necessity. If the poor stopped having kids in this country, poverty would be mostly eliminated in one to two generations.
Wait...if they're complaining about child care costs, that implies that they're trying to use it...which implies that they're....working!

Logic...pass it on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Wait...if they're complaining about child care costs, that implies that they're trying to use it...which implies that they're....working!

Logic...pass it on.
If raising kids is too expensive, then don't have kids.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
If raising kids is too expensive, then don't have kids.
Simplistic response.

On the one hand you vilify the poor as lazy, drug addicted welfare queens, but when a poor person is actually working and trying to do something with his life, you vilify them anyway.

If a single mother is looking for affordable day care, that says that, while she made bad choices in the past, she's trying to remedy that by working, hence her search for day care. So I'm not going to attack her while she's already down and trying to get better.

I think you just hate poor people period, whether they work or not. Guess some people need to post on these forums to make themselves feel like they're better than others.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
People have kids. I'm kind of surprised some of you are too stupid to know that.

However, multiple children when you are already in the poor house is just as stupid.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People have kids. I'm kind of surprised some of you are too stupid to know that.

However, multiple children when you are already in the poor house is just as stupid.
My problem is just with the poor having kids because they are perpetuating poverty in this country.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Yup. Even if they work, apparently. So much for the "I don't hate the working poor" BS
Just waiting to hear "I don't hate the poor, just their lifestyle, culture, and values, hate the sin, not the sinner"

Old 08-17-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
My problem is just with the poor having kids because they are perpetuating poverty in this country.
But you're not drawing a distinction between "working poor" and "lazy poor" You do realize some poor people work and struggle, right? Those are the ones who are looking for affordable child care.

Scenario: A single mother is trying to make her life better, but can't afford child care and basic necessities while trying to work forty hours (which is really hard in this economy) Would you begrudge this woman and say "Because you made a bad choice once, you don't deserve any help whatsoever. Helping someone get affordable child care is not enabling, and it's not a hand out like welfare checks are. It's a hand up.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
What a sweeping condemnation of people based on your personal bias. Ridiculous assertion on your part IMO.
By your posts, you shall know them. But, to your credit, pommysmommy, I've think I've read some posts by you that are more sympathetic to poor people. Why most conservatives don't draw a distinction between working and lazy poor is beyond me.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
They proably think it shuld be under minium wage positions or free.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the "don't have kids" thing. Who the **** PLANS kids? Nobody I know. Everytime you bang, there is the chance for kids, birth control or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies