Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 09:42 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times

Advertisements

If it was built here, wouldn't you say that we're just wasting our money here by having it built as opposed somewhere else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 10:38 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Yes, people know this. People also know that this bus could have been built to specifications in the United States. Surely you realize that Canada did not offer anything that could not be done in the United States. Obama is a hypocrite to preach about job creation and then outsource the creation of these bus vehicles.
The funny thing is that the liberals gave Bush a hard time for the same thing...when the economy wasn't in the cesspool and unemployment wasn't nearly as high as it is under Obama.

But now it's ok? Because Canadian fuel is burned in American cars? Whose fault it that?

All good if their boy is doing it!

Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
More stupidity.

I bet he didn't even know.

While he's on tour saying this....

“The reason I want to get these trade deals done is because you see a whole bunch of Korean cars here in the United States and you don’t see any American cars in Korea,” Obama said Wednesday.

More hypocrisy from the left.
I don't know but he really should have sent a different message than Bush did.

'GOP Attacks Obama Bus, But Bush Did Same'
Chicago Tribune Blog: 'GOP Attacks Obama Bus, But Bush Did Same' | NewsBusters.org

Do we even manufacture buses here anymore?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Chicago Tribune Blog: 'GOP Attacks Obama Bus, But Bush Did Same' | NewsBusters.org

No of course not, all school buses are manufactured abroad.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

NOPE! You do not build a heavy chassis bus in the U.S. and haven't for as many years as I can remember.

The bus chassis' were built and supplied as a bare chassis skinned and glassed by Prevost Car in Montreal Canada then drop shipped to Hemphill Entertainment in the U.S. who specialize in outfitting these coaches for "entertainers".

ALL of the modifications were done by the U.S. outfitter.

NOW; here's the big question; Why a bus?

Any specialty builder could have built a modern coach with ALL of the upgrades needed by using as a chassis any of those supplied by your DOMESTIC suppliers such as International Truck who also builds school buses.

Engine out front versus in the bum that's the only major distinction that would have created a design change. ALL of your domestic manufacturers are capable of producing a long wheelbase chassis and any of your ancilary suppliers are capable of outfitting the things with armour and bullet proof deep tinted glass.

There are many very capable chassis already built by International Trucks running around in Afghanistan and Iraq at this very moment protecting your troops. International should at least have gotten a call; "we need this built can you supply"?

No one in the Secret Service thought outside the box on this one!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Since the Republican nominee will ride in an identically secured bus, will the Conservatives complain then, or leave themselves open to accusations of hypocrisy?

Old 08-18-2011, 09:19 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Since the Republican nominee will ride in an identically secured bus, will the Conservatives complain then, or leave themselves open to accusations of hypocrisy?
The only Republican who would use that second bus is one I would nevber vote for since one can bet the Republican bus is covered with listening devices everywhere.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Why is obama traveling in a $1.1 million dollar bus that was built in Canada?

Because he is focused like a laser on jobs..jobs apparently in Canada

Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
More stupidity.

I bet he didn't even know.

While he's on tour saying this....

“The reason I want to get these trade deals done is because you see a whole bunch of Korean cars here in the United States and you don’t see any American cars in Korea,” Obama said Wednesday.

More hypocrisy from the left.
George Bush's bus was also made in Canada... Non issue... Troll thread...

maxfax: What did Fox say about George Bush's bus also made

Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
George Bush's bus was also made in Canada... Non issue... Troll thread...

maxfax: What did Fox say about George Bush's bus also made
Bush is no longer the POTUS.

I can't blame all of you obamatrons for deflecting though.

It's getting really embarrassing having to support him, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies