Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 08:56 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times

Advertisements

Hey, I like a good race thread as much as anyone, but except for posts like this one, I don't feel the desire to say anything in most of these race threads. Even I have my limits.

Here's what you clowns (and I use "clowns" with all due respect) need to do; When you start a thread having to do with race, make it relevant to something. Don't bother starting a thread with a flash mob video along with text saying something like "When will this end!?" The thread serves no purpose. True, maybe some person with insight will come along and put in a valid post, but those posts are rare and besides, those seldom-seen posts are not the motive behind the thread's inception. If you can't include some kind of reason, plausible theory, or solution for the OP's featured heinous act (and there usually is a featured heinous act), don't bother starting the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 09:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
No need for any of this crap, white side, black side and in between side. It is not right and here in 2011 no way this crap should be happening, guess we have learned not a thing.
I don't condone the violence at all, what the helll does it accomplish, except set us back even further to the past.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Unfortunately, the race card has been so over-used that I now question any claims of racism or hate crimes (thanks liberals). In no way do I excuse the actions of the three boys who beat this poor kid as it is inexcusable. I don't doubt that the four boys got into an argument that led to a physical altercation. However, I'm not so quick to just label it as a hate crime simply because the kid who got beat up was black and the three others were white. Who is to say that the beating was racially motivated? We've only heard his story of the events. There are always two sides to a story and the truth lies somewhere in between. Charges of hate crimes and racism are too easily and too often made for me to take it at face value.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Unfortunately, the race card has been so over-used that I now question any claims of racism or hate crimes (thanks liberals). In no way do I excuse the actions of the three boys who beat this poor kid as it is inexcusable. I don't doubt that the four boys got into an argument that led to a physical altercation. However, I'm not so quick to just label it as a hate crime simply because the kid who got beat up was black and the three others were white. Who is to say that the beating was racially motivated? We've only heard his story of the events. There are always two sides to a story and the truth lies somewhere in between. Charges of hate crimes and racism are too easily and too often made for me to take it at face value.

Yeah, that's the ticket... screw what the guy who got his face smashed in said. We should really believe the assailants

Old 08-20-2011, 11:33 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Yeah, that's the ticket... screw what the guy who got his face smashed in said. We should really believe the assailants
of course he'll believe the white guys.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:35 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
I don't know, I wasn't there, but it does not sound crazy to me.
The only black American at a party, gets singled out for talking to a white girl at a party in the early hours of the morning?

I would assume alcohol and ignorance were in ample supply.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:39 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times
Poor kid...

Old 08-21-2011, 06:19 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
So why did you trot out a murder from nearly 60 years ago up thread?
Because that's relevant to the topic at hand, which is that whites are evilwhiteracissnazis.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
unfortunately, the race card has been so over-used that i now question any claims of racism or hate crimes (thanks liberals). In no way do i excuse the actions of the three boys who beat this poor kid as it is inexcusable. I don't doubt that the four boys got into an argument that led to a physical altercation. However, i'm not so quick to just label it as a hate crime simply because the kid who got beat up was black and the three others were white. Who is to say that the beating was racially motivated? We've only heard his story of the events. There are always two sides to a story and the truth lies somewhere in between. charges of hate crimes and racism are too easily and too often made for me to take it at face value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

Old 08-21-2011, 06:31 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Why would anyone believe the white (devils) guys? After all we all learned from Reverend Wright that all whites are liars. I frequently learn from C-D that all whites are racists, whether they know it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies