Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times

Advertisements

Methinks almost everyone here will agree all politicians speak out of both sides of their mouths.

So what is new/unusual about this politician verses all the other politicians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 01:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'm not a "neo con", but I do look back on the Bush days as the good ol days.... compared to today. Things were very bad under Bush and I never imagined they could get worse. But I was wrong. Obama is Bush on steroids.

So yes, that's why some of us miss him.
You're not answering the question.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:16 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yes, much like the born again fiscal conservative "tea party" types, they also retroactively claim to have objected to this during Bush's term. Funny though since we never heard a peep from them until Obama was president. Disingenuous all the way to the end.

It's the silence of yesterday compared with the noise of today that says it all about you guys.
Silence? Folks vilified Bush for eight years. What silence are you referring to? Ah those evil tea party "types". Now they are a class of their own in your eyes to be chastised. Actually I never heard a peep until the '10 midterms after Obama went on his spending spree. Maybe that's what pushed em over the edge? Ah but they're a bunch of beer swilling bible thumping shotgun totin fools I forgot.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:16 PM

Guess I nailed it:

Quote:
Totally oblivious to their hypocrisy and even when it's pointed out they brush it off, because it would require them to self examine their core beliefs and principles.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Silence? What silence are you referring to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Actually I never heard a peep until the '10 midterms....

Precisely.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:18 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Guess I nailed it:
Yup, all politicians double-speak, use smoke and mirrors and say things to get their numbers up in the polls.

Excellent catch slcpunk

Old 08-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Yes that is when folks finally became fed up. Are you fed up with the mess in DC? Apparently not.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Precisely.
You forgot this little tidbit in you c&P....

"Folks vilified Bush for eight years."

Maybe if the kooks would have run somebody other than Kerry and the crook Edwards he wouldn't have been a two termer? Ever think of that? Na didn't think so. Where is Edwards anyway? Oops I forgot.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:22 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
A republican who addresses man made Global warming and advocates cap n' trade. Much like Obama's health care overhaul, we see a resurgence of something once advocated by the Republicans in today's legislation. Of course most of their zealots are completely unaware of this, only in tune with the latest GOP talking points du jour and totally out of touch with the history of their own party.

They'll deny it, but this clearly shows their disingenuous "beliefs" when protesting anything Obama may put forth. They're not opposed to the principle, only the man. In fact they have no principles what-so-ever, only marching orders from right wing blogs and various media outlets, which they follow with glee and without thought. Totally oblivious to their hypocrisy and even when it's pointed out they brush it off, because it would require them to self examine their core beliefs and principles. Worse yet it would require them to examine their own party who spoon feeds them this inane doubletalk.

Lets take a look shall we. Here Bush advocates cap n' trade as a means to address both pollution and climate change caused by man. He touts the success of cap n' trade from the 90's as well:

Bush, remember the President all the Neo Cons claim "They Miss" and wish could come back, goes on to recommit to the UN's goal. Ultimately proposing 4.5 BILLION or "more than any other nation's commitment in the entire world."

There are no core beliefs in the Republican party today, only obstruction and hypocrisy of the highest order.
I thought Bush was an idiot when he started advocating the issue and I think anyone else who advocates it is an idiot.

Next?

Old 08-22-2011, 01:23 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Did you forget? Nobody on C-D supported Bush or can remember anyone voting for him.

Except when it's his birthday, then someone will start a thread about it and people will post how they miss him.

The day after, the forum resumes to "Bush? Who was he?"

I voted for Bush both times, as the options of Gore and Kerry were terrible. Anyone who believes in man made global warming is grossly misinformed, regardless of party. I know of no one who would give a fellow republican "a pass" if they professed to believe in man made global warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies