Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 11:14 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
When they are financially stable enough to spend the money for such.

As I said, it depends on the family, their situation, etc...

The point is, if they are buying a computer and because of such, next month they go hungry, well... that is not the right time.

Maybe they take 10 dollars a month and put it in a fund to save for a computer while taking 50 dollars and putting it to an emergency fund. Lets say that their goal is a 500 dollar emergency fund. So, 10 months they have 500 dollars for emergency, and 100 dollars for a computer. Maybe now they could take and continue 25 dollars for an emergency fund (until they reach 1000) and put 35 to a computer. in 10 months they have 750 dollars of an emergency fund and 350 dollars for a computer.

See where I am going? It all depends on their income, how much they need to save to be secure, and what they are looking to save for with a computer or non-necessity. Heck, if knowledge is so important, one can go to a second hand book store and pick up a book on some type of learning topic for less than 5 bucks which will likely keep them building knowledge while saving for a computer and insuring they have some funds if an emergency comes up.

It isn't that hard..
So now they should own a computer eventually... You've made progress I see... Good job... But I could just donate mine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Uh... No... PC's are not all that expensive anymore... They're getting really cheap actually... It seems silly for a poor family to never get to own a computer...
Thats a want..not a need...but if they buy a computer instead of food...then that is their own fault for prioritizing wrong...

Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
So now they should own a computer eventually... You've made progress I see... Good job... But I could just donate mine...
I have stated that from the beginning, you just chose to infer what you wanted to rather than reading what I wrote.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:31 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They should just eat each other. Problem solved.
^^^^^^^
dont think this is a joke. The tea party has just this attitude.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
After all your useless posting and patting yourself on the back. You could have replied like this!

Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have two adopted grandchildren. My son (who is a conservative) legally adopted the two children his wife came with. Their biological father was only too happy to sign the papers so he wouldn't have to be legally liable for child support. No, I won't go so far as to say he was a liberal as I don't know.

To answer the OP's question......the Tea Party is not a political party with a platform. It is a loose confederation of people who want Washington to clean up its fiscal house and get the country back on a sound fiscal footing again......nothing more, nothing less. I know it's hard to liberals to understand that but, really, that's what it's all about.
I dont care how I could have responded. You could have started off a thread that made more sense and then I wouldnt have had to give you real life examples as to how you were wrong.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Thats a want..not a need...but if they buy a computer instead of food...then that is their own fault for prioritizing wrong...
That's why I would donate my computer to Good Will...

Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
^^^^^^^
Actually, they don't, this attitude is a straw man created by your group and applied to the Tea Party for propaganda purposes.

Sorry, you lose.. better luck next time!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Why are you waiting for Tea Party Plan for child hunger??? I suppose all the Dems and Repubs in Washington are waiting as well..

Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
^^^^^^^
No, it's not the children we are going to eat. It's the liberals (and liberals wearing sheep's clothing) who have driven this country off a cliff.

Get ready for a symbolic blood bath in 2012!!!

Old 08-24-2011, 12:56 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont care how I could have responded. You could have started off a thread that made more sense and then I wouldnt have had to give you real life examples as to how you were wrong.
Prove to us you actually adopted any child. I think you might be lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies