Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 02:15 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm guessing you thought I needed to be told that Social Security Number's and grade records are not public? That's the only thing that I pull from your post. Which leaves me completely baffled as to why you think I need to be told that. Are you really down in the weeds so far that you feel that it was relevant to state this?

You might as well have told me that Obama's bank account number is private too.
Oh, thank goodness! I was really worried there that you were confused about what was private records and what was public records. Thank you for clarifying that you do not, that private records are private. Of course, that still leaves me confused as to why you assert that Selective Service records are public. If I need private information from you to acquire your selective service records, that means that selective service records are private. Otherwise, I could just go to the selective service, ask for your records, and voila! get them from that government office. Are they redacted in any way when they provide me with that information? I would hope so, since it seems they contain, oops, what's that word I'm thinking......yes! PRIVATE information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 02:27 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,776,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Only academically, which (I believe) has been supported by claims made on his grades. But he isn't a dumb politician... that is for sure. For someone to have a following like he does, the dumb factor is out. And you can apply this to any similar politician. Now, I would say that Ron Paul may be weak where Perry is strong. No?
I wish it were so, but the press is pushing Perry is dumb.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Media coverage of Perry's grades has been indistinguishable from the coverage of Kerry's and Gore's when they were leaked. The story broke on August 5th, got almost no major media coverage at all, and then died a worthy death outside of the political fora like these, filled with small minds that can never forget a true fact or forget an insult.

You're talking about stories that broke 7 and 24 years ago respectively. You also never hear about real news stories from that long ago, let alone silly political side shows like this one.
Ah, but you see the difference. Of course old news is forgotten if you are a Dem. Of course it is only recently that Reagan has been rehabilitated, but there is a significant minority that still believes he was dumb.

Also, Bush is viewed as dumb. There is simply no getting around the fact that the media portrays, mostly unfairly, Republicans as stupid and truly stupid Dems are given a pass.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Well, that's a non-response.

The way you've used "meme" in your earlier post does not show an understanding of this word. Media coverage of something is not a "meme".
Comprehension isn't strong suit is it? Who mentioned media coverage? I was speaking of the media culture.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:34 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,853,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I wish it were so, but the press is pushing Perry is dumb.
I don't need press to tell me that. It doesn't take much to know that about Perry and like.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
I don't need press to tell me that. It doesn't take much to know that about Perry and like.
See, that is the left's MO. If you disagree with them, and more significantly, you are a threat to them, they use the cheapest of arguments, nah, nah you're stupid. This kind of thing can be traced all the way back to Eisenhower.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,853,731 times
Quote:
See, that is the left's MO. If you disagree with them, and more significantly, you are a threat to them, they use the cheapest of arguments, nah, nah you're stupid. This kind of thing can be traced all the way back to Eisenhower.
Oh the "left card". Allow me to engage... I take it that the right is collectively standing for Rick Perry. Ron Paul... thank you for being the useful idiot, you were dumb. Is that it?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Oh the "left card". Allow me to engage... I take it that the right is collectively standing for Rick Perry. Ron Paul... thank you for being the useful idiot, you were dumb. Is that it?
It's not a card, it's a fact. Again you display your lack of intellectual fire power.

Old 08-30-2011, 02:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,155,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Oh, thank goodness! I was really worried there that you were confused about what was private records and what was public records. Thank you for clarifying that you do not, that private records are private. Of course, that still leaves me confused as to why you assert that Selective Service records are public. If I need private information from you to acquire your selective service records, that means that selective service records are private. Otherwise, I could just go to the selective service, ask for your records, and voila! get them from that government office. Are they redacted in any way when they provide me with that information? I would hope so, since it seems they contain, oops, what's that word I'm thinking......yes! PRIVATE information!
Well...I guess your post gets shot all to hell once again. Guess how this record was obtained? THROUGH A FOIA REQUEST! CAN YOU GUESS WHAT AGENCY? SELECTIVE SERVICE!!

Further, can you guess who obtained it? The public! For what? To tear down Ted Nugent! Leftists! Not birthers.

My point? That you're wrong. While I could give a damn about Ted Nugent, you needed to be schooled. Here's your schooling.

Click on the link, read, and feast your eyes.

News Hounds: Proof: Ted Nugent Is A Draft Dodger. Will Hannity Keep Defending Him?

And i'll remind you...this is the document that we can't get for Barack Obama. So, back to the original question....Why not?

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 08-30-2011 at 02:52 PM..

Old 08-30-2011, 02:47 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:
Too funny, you actually belive Kerry's mediocre grades and bidens cheating has been the media's meme. Bizzaro world anyone?
Gosh, you didn't say media "culture", and in terms of COMPREHENSION, when you used the phrase media's meme (where you used "meme" incorrectly), the natural inference is media coverage. Kerry's mediocre grades and Biden's plagiarism are not meme's, they are documented FACTS. Meme's are beliefs that are spread by repetition and shared within cultural subsets. A meme of the media culture would be the belief that the general public is ignorant and undereducated. That's a "meme". A Republican "meme" would be one you stated earlier in this thread, that if you could get hold of Obama's transcripts he would be shown to be a mediocre student. That "meme" is disproved by Obama having graduated Magna C Laude from Harvard Law, but still it persists, via repetition within the cultural subset that prefers to believe this rather than believing the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies