Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:13 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times

Advertisements

Nonsense. Obama raised my taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Nonsense. Obama raised my taxes.
You've already proved you don't know what you are talking about, quit digging the hole deeper.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
The recession started when Obama came into office and jacked up taxes and regulation.
That is idiotic!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:18 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
An executive order to implement a 1 year tax holiday and 1 year regulation holiday. Zero income tax, zero sales tax, zero property taxes, etc. A complete tax holiday of all taxes. Also zero regulations on businesses for an entire year.
Great. My issue is that if no one is regulating anything, I sure as hell am not going to take a chance on buying anything, either.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:18 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,965 times
Quote:
An executive order to implement a 1 year tax holiday and 1 year regulation holiday. Zero income tax, zero sales tax, zero property taxes, etc. A complete tax holiday of all taxes. Also zero regulations on businesses for an entire year.
Great idea, where do you live? I have a load of nuclear waste that needs disposal...

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM

458 posts, read 776,869 times
Quote:
I am a libertarian, I am all for very very low regulation and no taxes. That being said, with no tax revenue for a year, about 3 million federal workers would be unemployed.

With states rights issues aside, if the Prez somehow could order a halt in in sales and property taxes (which is impossible) but for the sake of augment, that would mean all state and local employees would be out of work, millions of more unemployed.

No teachers, no courts, no police, no fire department, no military, no post office. The list goes on and on. Oh, and no social security checks for the seniors.

No public services of any kind and perhaps 22 million out of work overnight.

All this to create one million jobs, how exactly do you come up with that number?

Only way I could see this working would be a tariff on Chinese goods and foreign oil and other imports to offset the lack of tax revenue. Not sure if that would balance out.

As a slow transition I am for it. Lets get the revenue from other countries not our people. Like it used to be before federal income taxes.

Last edited by Winkelman; 09-07-2011 at 10:10 PM..

Old 09-08-2011, 01:37 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
I am a libertarian, I am all for very very low regulation and no taxes. That being said, with no tax revenue for a year, about 3 million federal workers would be unemployed.

With states rights issues aside, if the Prez somehow could order a halt in in sales and property taxes (which is impossible) but for the sake of augment, that would mean all state and local employees would be out of work, millions of more unemployed.

No teachers, no courts, no police, no fire department, no military, no post office. The list goes on and on. Oh, and no social security checks for the seniors.

No public services of any kind and perhaps 22 million out of work overnight.

All this to create one million jobs, how exactly do you come up with that number?

Only way I could see this working would be a tariff on Chinese goods and foreign oil and other imports to offset the lack of tax revenue. Not sure if that would balance out.

As a slow transition I am for it. Lets get the revenue from other countries not our people. Like it used to be before federal income taxes.
The millions of workers laid off by the government will be absorbed by the private sector. Any government job cut creates two private sector jobs.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:39 AM

954 posts, read 1,280,965 times
Quote:
The millions of workers laid off by the government will be absorbed by the private sector. Any government job cut creates two private sector jobs.
Because they pay half as much?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
How's that working out for ya? The amount of gov jobs has been shrinking under Obama. Where is the private sector and all those those great jobs? It's not going to happen and you are living in a fantasy world.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:32 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Because they pay half as much?
And now you know why politicians and much of the public are so hostile to public-sector unions -- because they are protecting what has become a privileged class who have helped themselves to twice the pay as the people who are paying their salaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies