Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 08:30 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,473,545 times

Advertisements

“The whole program has been hijacked by bureaucrats,” said Rep. John Mica (R. -Fla.), chairman of the House Transportation Committee.

“It mushroomed into an army,” Mica said. “It’s gone from a couple-billion-dollar enterprise to close to $9 billion.”

“We are one of the only countries still using this model of security," Mica said, "other than Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, and I think, Libya."

TSA Creator Says Dismantle, Privatize the Agency - HUMAN EVENTS

Even the creator of the bill thinks the TSA has mushroomed out of control and thinks the TSA should be privatized. Here are a few highlights from the article:

* They failed to detect any threat in 10 years.

* $1 Billion spent just to train workers (62,000 of them. Original intent was for 5000)

*Recruiting sessions held at swank resorts like "The Golden Door Spa"

* $2000 was spent for 20 gallons of Starbucks coffee; $1500 was spent to rent extension cords for one recruiting event.

*Screeners have committed a variety of crimes including stealing jewelry, computers and cameras, cash, credit cards and other valuables. Actress Shirley McClain, was robbed of jewelry and crystals.

* Screeners at two major airports failed to find fake bombs more than 60% of the time during tests
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 08:55 AM

45,251 posts, read 26,502,350 times
You might say government has the opposite effect of the "midas touch'.
Everything it touches , turns to ****.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:44 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,471,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
“The whole program has been hijacked by bureaucrats,” said Rep. John Mica (R. -Fla.), chairman of the House Transportation Committee.

“It mushroomed into an army,” Mica said. “It’s gone from a couple-billion-dollar enterprise to close to $9 billion.”

“We are one of the only countries still using this model of security," Mica said, "other than Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, and I think, Libya."

TSA Creator Says Dismantle, Privatize the Agency - HUMAN EVENTS

Even the creator of the bill thinks the TSA has mushroomed out of control and thinks the TSA should be privatized. Here are a few highlights from the article:

* They failed to detect any threat in 10 years.

* $1 Billion spent just to train workers (62,000 of them. Original intent was for 5000)

*Recruiting sessions held at swank resorts like "The Golden Door Spa"

* $2000 was spent for 20 gallons of Starbucks coffee; $1500 was spent to rent extension cords for one recruiting event.

*Screeners have committed a variety of crimes including stealing jewelry, computers and cameras, cash, credit cards and other valuables. Actress Shirley McClain, was robbed of jewelry and crystals.

* Screeners at two major airports failed to find fake bombs more than 60% of the time during tests
My issue with this (well, I have many) but I think my number one issue is that (at leastat SeaTac) the people that work for TSA are Samoli (not all but most). Samolis are muslim. They stand there and don't even speak English. They are talking to us, in the line, but it's not in English!!! So I stopped flying. I waited a little over a year, and then tried it again this summer. I was shocked that they had changed the security people and all those people spoke English. There was no line, and no pat down or scanners running. It was awesome.
TSA is supposed to protect us, but as we can see, they are just invading our privacy, and stealing from us.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,200,226 times
The TSA is the result of America's paranoia.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:12 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,304,251 times
The TSA is made up of misunderstood people, just trying to make a living in this world.

TSA officers arrested on drug charges in Conn. - NYPOST.com

Old 09-13-2011, 02:25 PM

27,183 posts, read 15,359,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The TSA is the result of America's paranoia.

That paranoia has many supporters & cheerleaders in Washington.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:08 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,304,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
That paranoia has many supporters & cheerleaders in Washington.
Washington, bad at spreading wealth...absolutely awesome at spreading paranoia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies