Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times

Advertisements

THe cult of global warming, despite claiming that they embrace the concepts of "science", have chosen to ignore the science that refutes their religious beliefs. More and more, there is not only no evidence to suggest any temperature increases since 1999, there is evidence to suggest the contrary. Further, there is no evidence that man has anything to do with "climate change" one way or another.

James Hansen’s Former NASA Supervisor Declares Himself a Skeptic – Says Hansen ‘Embarrassed NASA’, ‘Was Never Muzzled’, & Models ‘Useless’ | Watts Up With That?

Seems like the guru of "global warming" has been simply another left wing loon with a political agenda, sacrificing scientific honesty for political expediency.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ists/?page=all

Given that there has been no change in earth temperatures since 1999, Hansen and other cult members have simply "moved the goalpost" and have noted "other reasons" why temperature has not risen, still clinging to the man made Co2 premise, which is being rapidly refuted.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/still+believe+global+warming/5182328/story.html (broken link)

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 09-20-2011 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 03:23 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
What do you call a person who twists words to fit their own agenda despite 97 percent of extremely intelligent people with advanced degrees and the research to back it up disagreeing with such a person?

You call them a conservative.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:25 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
What do you call a person who twists words to fit their own agenda despite 97 percent of extremely intelligent people with advanced degrees and the research to back it up disagreeing with such a person?

lol

The irony in this post... I doubt the poster even realizes it, which is part of the problem with this whole issue.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:31 PM

329 posts, read 267,357 times
Quote:

I have to disagree. That's a generalisation. What you are probably seeing is a manifestation of the Dunning-Kruger Syndrome.

Natty, why are you posting such old news?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
I've stopped arguing with people on this issue. No one ever changes their minds, and all positions are entrenched.

Forget about it.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:

An Al Gore lemming.

And your 97% doesn't hold water. You really should read the facts.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:54 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
An Al Gore lemming.

Liberals just ignore the facts and go with their "feelings."

Old 09-20-2011, 03:55 PM

In reply to Natty's third link:
CapitalClimate: Summer Temperature Update: Heat Records Increase Lead Over Cold Records to 8.4 to 1

Quote:
Out of the 1601 daily high temperature records broken in July, 49 were all-time records for any day of any month. Combined with the updated count of 20 all-time records in June, this gives a total of 69 so far this summer. In comparison, only 8 all-time cold records were set in all 3 months of last winter combined.
I hope that you're sitting down for what comes next: the USA is not the whole world. Sorry that I had to be the one to break it to you, but you had to find out sometime. So trying to disprove AGW based on a few days' temperatures in a country that covers about 2% of the Earth's surface was never going to work was it? Still Lorne Gunter thought it was worth a try, so you can see what the target audience was there, can't you?

Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboblocke View Post
I have to disagree. That's a generalisation. What you are probably seeing is a manifestation of the Dunning-Kruger Syndrome.

Natty, why are you posting such old news?

I like the "Natty". I wonder how many people have actually read "Last of the Mohicans"?

Despite claiming the high ground of science and academic fact, it appears as though the church of liberalism has ignored any facts that disagree with the cult of global warming. This is the antithesis of science.

The "newer information" is not so much the revelation from NASA that his colleagues know and understand that Hansen is a fool, but the recent political statements made by him. It is clear that Hansen is simply a far left loon who despises America and the capitalistic system and perverted the concept of scientific analysis to support his far left political agenda. That is it- he is an academic disgrace.

Cult members will never be swayed by facts or reason. However, if firm data comes up showing

1. a clear, long term trend that global temperatures are actually increasing (with a long enough measuring time and without cooked data)

2. firm evidence that CO2 causes significant global temperatures, and finally that man has anything to do with it

3. That any changes are not due to sources outside of man's influence

4. that man can do anything about global temperatures

----- I would become a supporter of the concept of man made global warming. However, the above has not been demonstrated and only a fool would embrace "remedies" for a problem that has not been shown to be real.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
An Al Gore lemming.

Oh go on then: show us your facts.

It's midnight in my timezone, so I'm calling it a day that means you've got plenty of time to find them before I come back here.

Here're some facts to be going on with:
Expert credibility in climate change
Quote:
Here, we use an extensive dataset of 1,372 climate
researchers and their publication and citation data to show that (i)
97–98% of the climate researchers most actively publishing in the
field support the tenets of ACC outlined by the Intergovernmental
Panel on Climate Change, and (ii) the relative climate expertise and
scientific prominence of the researchers unconvinced of ACC are
substantially below that of the convinced researchers.
See also:
http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies