Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 09:14 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,960,036 times

Advertisements

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said on Sunday that House Republicans would oppose President Barack Obama's payroll tax cuts for both employers and employees, arguing that the policy had already failed to provide a sufficient boost to the economy. "It hasn't worked," Ryan said, suggesting the current temporary tax cut should be allowed to expire, which will amount to a 50 percent tax hike on workers making less than $106,000 per year.

He also said he opposes the president's proposal to require millionaires to pay the same tax rate as the middle class, known as the Buffett plan.

The GOP in action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 09:19 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,958,964 times
Oh, here we go again. Not another "Republicans hate Seniors because they voted down the Medicare funding bill...................that includes an amendment to make everyone participate in human sacrifice"

Old 09-18-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh, here we go again. Not another "Republicans hate Seniors because they voted down the Medicare funding bill...................that includes an amendment to make everyone participate in human sacrifice"
Where was it mentioned anything about seniors? This was about Republicans wanting to increase taxes on the middle class. Isn't this inconsistent? They don't want any tax increases...well that is unless it is on the middle class.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
What's so funny is that the government spends all this money it doesn't have and we all know that we're responsible for paying it back yet we all "revolt" when taxes are mentioned unless they are taxes on someone else.

The government cannot keep spending and cutting taxes which is what they've been doing for quite some time now.

The only ones who will be spared taxes are the ones too poor to pay it. And those ranks are growing..over 50% of Americans pay NO Federal Income tax. So who is left ?

Old 09-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What's so funny is that the government spends all this money it doesn't have and we all know that we're responsible for paying it back yet we all "revolt" when taxes are mentioned unless they are taxes on someone else.

The government cannot keep spending and cutting taxes which is what they've been doing for quite some time now.

The only ones who will be spared taxes are the ones too poor to pay it. And those ranks are growing..over 50% of Americans pay NO Federal Income tax. So who is left ?
You know I am fine with eliminating the bush tax cuts and applying the tax revenue to the debt. However, I am not for only eliminating the Bush tax cuts for the middle class and leaving his capital gains and inheritance tax rates for the wealthy in place. Fair is Fair.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times
I got a weird idea. Stop spending money we don't have. I wonder if anybody ever thought of that??

Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I got a weird idea. Stop spending money we don't have. I wonder if anybody ever thought of that??
Profound

Old 09-18-2011, 10:01 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,985,759 times
Well naturally middle class tax hikes are on the table because they don't own K Street and Wall St. It's easy to run over those in the middle and at the bottom.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well naturally middle class tax hikes are on the table because they don't own K Street and Wall St. It's easy to run over those in the middle and at the bottom.
I thought they all signed this no tax increase pledge. i guess I did not read the fine print, which reads no tax increase on the wealthy - middle class is perfectly fine and encouraged.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:08 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
We will agree on very few things under the stars, but we agree on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies