Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 01:16 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times

Advertisements

If refusing to purchase any of their products ISN'T a boycott, nothing is.
I guess this goes to show the intelligence of Beck's listeners.
BOYCOTT : to engage in a concerted refusal to have dealings with (as a person, store, or organization) usually to express disapproval or to force acceptance of certain conditions.

He may not TELL his listeners to not buy any Levi products but he KNOWS many will follow his lead, just like the little sheep they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 01:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I happen to like the ad. Goes to show you how uptight and square Beck is.

Glenn Beck's Beef With Levi's Ad Is Ridiculous (VIDEO) | The Stir
The wind will blow and he'll end up a pitchman for them.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
If refusing to purchase any of their products ISN'T a boycott, nothing is.
I guess this goes to show the intelligence of Beck's listeners.
BOYCOTT : to engage in a concerted refusal to have dealings with (as a person, store, or organization) usually to express disapproval or to force acceptance of certain conditions.

He may not TELL his listeners to not buy any Levi products but he KNOWS many will follow his lead, just like the little sheep they are.
This goes to show the intelligence of you guys.. Your own definition proves its not a boycott because Beck saying he isnt buying Levis Jeans anymore isnt a concerted effort

Definition of concerted:
achieved or performed together: planned or carried out by two or more people working together or with the same goal

Old 09-23-2011, 05:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Say what?

"I can't believe I'm saying this. I love Levi's. Never again, Levi's, never again will you get a dime from me. I know you're not disappointed. Never again. I won't wear your stupid red tab," Beck said on his Wednesday show.

"I will not wear a pair of Levi’s. Won’t do it.” - Glenn Beck
Finish the definition Savoir..

as an effort to force it to become more acceptable

Beck is NOT boycotting Levis. There is no effort or attempt to force the position to become more acceptable.

FAIL again

Old 09-23-2011, 05:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I'll look out for the Add. If the Beckster disapproves it might be entertaining.

BTW - are any Jeans made in the USA?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The wind will blow and he'll end up a pitchman for them.
What's wrong with the Ad? I know what's wrong with Beck adorers, but the Ad?

Old 09-23-2011, 06:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What's wrong with the Ad? I know what's wrong with Beck adorers, but the Ad?
I was commenting on Beck being wishy washy. He'll say he really likes one candidates policy and then say the same thing about another candidate who has a very different position on that very same policy. He plays up to his guest.

The commercial was good imo. Beck is the funny opinionated neighbor who gets the facts, adds 1+1 and gets 50. The greatest generation ever started a revolution in the 1700's to create this nation. But he doesn't like to glorify it??? I can do it, but you can't. Sums it up for that big dumb lap dog.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 09-23-2011 at 06:41 AM..

Old 09-23-2011, 06:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I was commenting on Beck being wishy washy. He'll say he really likes one candidates policy and then say the same thing about another candidate who has a very different position on that very same policy. He plays up to his guest.
Wishy washy? Naw, it's been long clear that anything he thinks will make him money, he is all for. Principled positions, or candidates with them, are irrelevant, well, unless they buy air time on his show.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:29 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Beck lives by a set of values, and is voicing an opinion. Still allowable here.

The commercial is very European, seems out of sync with Levi's, but many commercials have little to do with the product they are endorsing. Seems they are making some kind of statement. What may be concerning is the person narrating, sounds like the voice of David Steindl-Rast, a religious monk. Blend of the religious with risque, interesting twist. Will Americans buy it?

Old 09-23-2011, 07:39 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Beck is a tool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies