Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 02:27 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times

Advertisements

This might belong in immigration, I dunno. It's fascinating, though. It's politics in action. And it's kind of frightening.

Basically an Alabama Senator got tough on illegal immigration. So there goes the cheap labor source. Did it have an effect? Oh, yeah. $150K loss for just one farm. And the farm will probably go under or perhaps be bought out by some large corporate farm empire
Immigration law's co-sponsor tells farmers to expect no changes this year | The Montgomery Advertiser | montgomeryadvertiser.com
And the illegals that were harvesting the crops, they just left for greener pastures. Yay! Not in Alabama! Maybe they just went home, right?

Sounds like good government in action, right?

So, take a look at the man....
Beason: Dems don

"Democrats do not want to solve the illegal immigration problem because they know, this is a fact, that when more illegal immigrants move into an area, when their children grow up and get the chance to vote, they vote for Democrats,” he said. “They like big government, they like programs, they’ve benefited from the day they were born because the child was born into poverty because mom and dad are poor.”

He then goes on to say that illegal immigration destroyed two towns/communities and when the mayors of those towns were questioned, they said he was clownshoes. Yeah, clownshoes. In other words they said their communities were not destroyed.

So, it's not really about immigration. It's about making more Republicans. With sound bites that aren't even true, and destroying some farms/families in the process.
Wow.

WOW!

Beason ended his speech by advising Republicans to “empty the clip, and do what has to be done”.

If this line of reasoning continues, your tomatoes are gonna cost 5 bucks each. At least they will be tomatoes picked by Republicans.

Are illegal immigrants really taking American jobs - YouTube

I liked the fat guy ranting at the end about how immigrants are bad, and I'm thinking "He's fat because our food is cheap because we basically use a slave labor force." He's shooting himself in the foot.

Ronald Reagan knew exactly what he was doing when he opened up health care to all. He was keeping the illegal labor force healthy. It's all part of the plan. Too bad the guy up there can't see it. Hell, he's probably rich enough to afford the tomatoes, anyway.

P.S. The video is hiarious. "No, I wouldn't take a farm job. I mean, I don't even garden at home."

ROFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
So I guess a better solution is to just say screw it and allow illegal immigration? Btw this would not have happened if something had been done before it got completely out of hand.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:30 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
Real American's shouldn't HAVE TO WORK for immigrant pay. Costs shouldn't be kept artificially low to allow the owners more profit, but at the expense of the low skilled and blue collar labor.

The market WILL adjust. Eventually someone will be picking the fruit at a wage that is fair for the work they do.

I don't know why you think the exploitation of immigrant workers is so good, considering how it hurts the wages in the lower and working class.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:38 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
This is such a beautiful example of liberal hypocrisy. Illegals leave, jobs are created, for Americans, in most cases wages are driven up, but the liberals still have a problem with it, and their entire premise is that we should keep paying illegals crap wages so we can get cheap food.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:39 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,445,095 times
You're the clownshoes - you misrepresent the Albertville mayor's opinion of the State Representative and of the Alabama Immigration law (from your link):

Quote:
“I think that is going a little overboard to say that this has destroyed our community (Alberville),” Lyons said in a follow up telephone interview. “But, it has created a lot of challenges for us and we would love to see legislation that tackles the issue. I think that we are going to see that representatives from our area will be very eager to work with Senator Beason on this issue.”
Mayor Lyons supports the law.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:48 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I liked the fat guy ranting at the end about how immigrants are bad, and I'm thinking "He's fat because our food is cheap because we basically use a slave labor force."
If this were any other thread, most libs would be all over this statement,
saying, "You have no idea why he's fat! He could have a hormonal imbalance. DON'T JUDGE."

PS-- Immigrants aren't bad. Illegal immigrants are.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:48 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
If these employers won't follow the law then their businessess should fail !!!

Boo Hooo !!! Agribusiness owners that live in mansions and own hundreds of acres of land, can't hack it find another line of work.

I don't care if your family farmed for generations. At one time we had haberdashers and blacksmiths that did their trades for generations, the world has changed.

I'll gladly pay more for produce from companies that employ LEGAL immigrants and AMERICANS. Heck they can import produce in rather than supporting criminal employers that refuse to follow the laws.

These traitors hire Illegals cheap, we Americans have to pay for their ER visit, crime and ANCHOR BABIES !!!

Some of these criminal employers can look for a real, LEGAL way to earn a living.

Their is no difference between these criminal agri-business owners and sweat shop operators !!!

Old 10-04-2011, 03:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
You're the clownshoes - you misrepresent the Albertville mayor's opinion of the State Representative and of the Alabama Immigration law (from your link):

Mayor Lyons supports the law.
She does support the law. I never said she didn't. She also didn't say her community had been destroyed. because...she didn't. But the Senator did.
Which means, basically, you didn't understand what I wrote. It's ok. No problem. I'm sorry it takes a clownshoes like me to have to explain that to someone smart, like you.

“The reality is that if you allow illegal immigration to continue in your area you will destroy yourself eventually,” said Beason. “If you don’t believe illegal immigration will destroy a community go and check out parts of Alabama around Arab and Albertville.”

“I think that is going a little overboard to say that this has destroyed our community (Alberville),” Lyons said in a follow up telephone interview. “But, it has created a lot of challenges for us and we would love to see legislation that tackles the issue. I think that we are going to see that representatives from our area will be very eager to work with Senator Beason on this issue.”

Old 10-04-2011, 03:05 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,872,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
She does support the law. I never said she didn't. She also didn't say her community had been destroyed. because...she didn't. But the Senator did.
Which means, basically, you didn't understand what I wrote. It's ok. No problem. I'm sorry it takes a clownshoes like me to have to explain that to someone smart, like you.

“The reality is that if you allow illegal immigration to continue in your area you will destroy yourself eventually,” said Beason. “If you don’t believe illegal immigration will destroy a community go and check out parts of Alabama around Arab and Albertville.”

If you want to see how bad it can get try visiting some of the areas of Santa Ana and Los Angeles California. Then it would sink in.

Sure it won't happen overnight but unless something is done it will get much worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies