Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
the federal reserve prints that money and loans it to banks at 2 percent or less.. and the banks.. those paycheck writers you talk about.. turn around and loan that same money to you and me at 7 percent...
bank... cartel.. whatever right?

since when did you last get a federal reserve loan??? cuz I'm pretty sure those near zero interest loans are unavailable to the average tax payer unless you are a banker on wall street???
another poster who has no clue. Banks loan the fed money for a guaranteed 6% return. The money loaned to you or I come from deposits
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
the federal reserve prints that money and loans it to banks at 2 percent or less.. and the banks.. those paycheck writers you talk about.. turn around and loan that same money to you and me at 7 percent...
bank... cartel.. whatever right?

since when did you last get a federal reserve loan??? cuz I'm pretty sure those near zero interest loans are unavailable to the average tax payer unless you are a banker on wall street???
No they turn around and buy up fed notes so the government has more money to spend while we pay the banks the interest. They aren't loaning it to anybody. That is the problem. One hand scratching the back of the other.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
another poster who has no clue. Banks loan the fed money for a guaranteed 6% return. The money loaned to you or I come from deposits
Why can't I borrow like a bank? - Business - Answer Desk - msnbc.com

why should banks be for-profit institutions then? I mean.. if the fed can print their way out of debt.. why do we need banks? why not just one federal bank that loans out money to the general population at market rates??? What I'm getting at is.. why does a private bank need to exist in the first place??? they're not in business to lose money or go bust.. but they get bailed out because our sysetm is set up to NEED THEM..how is a system purely capitalistic when it's set up to NEED one or two particular private entitites???
WHY?????? they just take profits off the money before it even hits the economy.. that's a cartel.. i'm sorry

early on, one could say they take on the "risks in loaning" therefore they deserve to profit.. but in todays system hardly.. any losses they are faced with.. they pass on in fees and other jabs.. it's a win win.. there's no risk anymore.. and for any average business or citizen to participate in this economy you are subject to the bank's fee's, games, and rules.
One may be able to offer better rates to it's mortgage customers because it's charging it's checking account customers hefty annual fees to pay for it.. the system is structured all the way down FROM the fed.. so why are they allowed to be for profit??? it's corrupt.... ensuring that capital flows into markets should not be in the hands of ANY ONE or two or 10 private entities.. it should be ONE regulated, non profit organization that serves this one and only purpose

Last edited by boiseguy; 10-04-2011 at 08:41 PM..

Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
nope. Back in the old days it came from deposits. It isn't the old days anymore.

Quote:
Wholesale funding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wholesale funding is a method that banks use in addition to core demand deposits to finance operations and manage risk. Wholesale funding sources include, but are not limited to, Federal funds, public funds (such as state and local municipalities), U.S. Federal Home Loan Bank advances, the U.S. Federal Reserve's primary credit program, foreign deposits, brokered deposits, and deposits obtained through the Internet or CD listing services.[1]

Old 10-05-2011, 05:15 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I was really surprised when I heard this this afternoon since I had heard a list of their demands yesterday and it wasn't nearly as extensive and ridiculous as this list. Those college kids who are being used as useful idiots just as their kind have been done in the 20s, 30s and 60s appear to be less intelligent as they were in those days.

Idiotic Demands of the Wall Street Protestors - The Rush Limbaugh Show

To avoid even more about those kids scroll down two paragraphs to see their list and some discussion of how silly they really are.
Thank God for those stupid college kids. You will get a clue. The rich have went to far in their tea party attack on the poor and middle. Wayyy to far. I love how stupid they say glen beck is. This is growing and I hope a direct confrontation with glen beck and the tea party is coming soon.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
I call this post another personal attack since he/she repeats the accusation about my intelligence.
I have been called so many names on here it is unbelievable. Real names too. I have never reported it.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, hilarious!
The fact that you are against them is all I need to support them.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Read Rush's list and see how many of them aren't ones that those people are pushing although they don't all agree.

This is too much like the SDS except for the fact that the organizers told the kids to keep it as peaceful as they could since some of those organizers were in the SDS back then.

I was a high school principal back in 1968 and some fool left leaning kids came to me and asked me what would happen if they invited SDS to send some people to talk to our kids. I told them that if any of that group showed up they would have to go through me and my baseball bat to get to any kids at our school. They threw some of that 1st Amendment crap at me and I just told them part of my job was to keep the peace in the school and they could pitch all their crap in the public streets but not in my school. Needless to say that discussion ended up right there.
Glad to know you used your personal political beliefs to bully a bunch of kids.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Find any of his list that you haven't heard up to now and then attack the messenger. You have no idea what he included in there but don't want to know. Surely you didn't think I was going to put up anything by some lefty, did you?
You know what Im glad the world you wanted for today back in 1968 was crushed by those left leaning kids.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
IMHO the best way to handle the bank and credit problem is to have everyone pay off their credit cards, car loans and mortgages (pay them off not default) and live on your income by limiting purchases to what you need not what you want.

How is that for a Leftist response to the Forever in Debt scam the banksters have pulled on the entire world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies